Cricket Communications Interview Questions

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in January 2012.

I interviewed for a Financial Analyst position with the company. Interview process was 2 phone interviews and 1 F2F interview. Very detailed hiring process and everyone I spoke with was very intelligent and inquisitive. Seems like an excellent place to work.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in January 2012.

Once the recruiter did the initial screening, a phone interview was setup. It was a normal 20 minute discussion about overall skills, the position itself, questions, and general interest. After this, an onsite interview was established which consisted of 3 persons: the group manager, the director, and another analyst via phone to their Denver office.

I was asked about experience and given generic skills tests, like draw a Kimball data model and explain some concepts. What was interesting is the director's questions - very open ended: 1. Give me a plan to take out the trash, 2. If the website's home page went down, how would you QA the home page specifically the login? As much I I think I could read people, I had no idea how I did. I suspect, partially in hindsight, that they were very vague to assess the types of questions you ask and the overall ability to break down the problem. Who's trash? Where is the bin? What resources? Etc., not necessarily to build a perfect plan, per se.

The next day, after introspection on the interview, I called the recruiter and told her I do not think I showed enough interest (I'm reserved). To which she responded, they had gotten back to her and said they thought I was not interested enough in the position. Oh well!! But lesson is show lots of enthusiasm for Cricket!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me a plan for taking out trash?   View Answer
    • QA the new home page after it crashed and had to be rebuilt. Specifically the login and submit.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cricket Communications in July 2011.

Very quick and easy. Some questions include:
    1. Why Cricket?
    2. How would you sell this phone to me?
    3. How would you react to or deal with an irate customer?

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cricket Communications in December 2010.

phone interview with 2 people

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict at work please? and what are the step?   View Answer

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cricket Communications in November 2010.

Very detailed. We had a discussion on what was expected and they asked for ideas on how I would benefit the company. The process took 3 days from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining what I would do in a situation where I had to coach and develope one of my agents   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was fast. I explained the amount I was looking to recieve and they were able to exceed what I was looking for.

Cricket Communications Response

Oct 10, 2013Senior Manager, Communications

Welcome to Cricket, thanks for sharing your experience!

Vice President Consumer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cricket Communications in October 2010.

The entire interview process was very pleasant and very professionally run. I was initially reached by the VP of H.R. who found my contact info in LinkedIn. I interviewed with 5 people and was immediately offered a job in less than a week from my last interview. The people were very professional, smart and had a good vibe about them. The work cutlure is very hard working and collegial.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about wireless having worked for most of your career in CPG?   Answer Question

Lead Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cricket Communications in September 2010.

Contract to hire after 3 months. Took 13 months to become full time.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about project management experience and background   Answer Question
    Very little room for salary negotiation. No negotiation on vacation time - everyone starts at 3 weeks.

Cricket Communications Response

Oct 10, 2013Senior Manager, Communications

Appreciate your feedback in relation to our Talent Acquisition process, thank you for taking the time to provide!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cricket Communications in August 2010.

i had to interview with three different people. questions were more about passed experience with customers. not much of a reaction from the interviewers. if you make it throught the first two then you are basically in the door. there are background checks which they are very strict about. also drug test are needed.

Interview Questions
    • if you see someone stealing what would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in July 2010.

several questions asked

n/a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2010.

Started with a phone interview with HR, then 3 rounds of interviews with managers and a closing one with HR.
    They were most interested in applicable experience and your ability to hit the ground running.
    The people are nice and friendly, the office is brand new(LEED gold) very open as their are windows everywhere.

Interview Questions
    • They presented a current situation related to the particular project I would be working on and ask me to spitball ideas.   Answer Question
    Since its an internship there is little negotiation but they pay well for interning