Cricket Communications Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2014.

Very simple interview process, was called a few days after filling out application online. Had interview with Store Manager and Assistant Manager. Basic interview questions. Was called by HR 2 days later and asked to submit more information. HR called again the same day to offer me the position. Completed background check , drug test and additional paperwork. Starting within a week

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had an irate customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cricket Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in February 2008.

Interviewed twice, once by retail manager and once by assistant manager, then got job. The posting was originally on monster through a temp agency. I was hired full time after 7 months. the corporate staff is badly out of sync with reality, constantly pushing the retail staff to sell more and more to no end and the managers resort to all kinds of methods for falsifying their sales numbers, including giving away credits, lying to customers about phone prices and then telling them they are getting free accessories that were actually sold to them instead. They make you add on services to the customer accounts and then deal with the fallout next month by giving credits and blaming the customer. Its all around a shady place to work if your in the retail end with clueless corporate overhead demanding the impossible. Another kicker is that when you go to the quarterly corporate meetings they almost always throw a raffle for prizes (they give away phones and blu-tooths), it almost seems cool till you realize that the people winning all the raffles are usually in the corporate staff who are making near three figure salaries already and carrying top of the line phones already. When they win, they look a bit bothered at receiving such a junk phone, while that same phone would have been a wonder to one of the retail sales types who cant really afford it.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was easy enough, but it depends on the manager that is interviewing. Just be very personable and chill. They like casual types for sales jobs. Seem like you dont give a uck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in July 2011.

Very quick and easy. Some questions include:
    1. Why Cricket?
    2. How would you sell this phone to me?
    3. How would you react to or deal with an irate customer?

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Cricket Communications in March 2012.

i was called in for a phone interview, which was fairly easy. i was then invited to a job fair, which consisted of a interview with a hr rep, then a district manager, which went well. the 3 weeks later i got a call from the new store manager, and was asked to do another interview, another 3 weeks and i get called for another interview with the assistant manager. this was to be for a new location. i was called once a month for 6 months saying i'm still in the running, then in august i was finally told they were moving forward with another candidate. so i was jerked around for 6 months

Interview Questions
    • it wasnt really that difficult to answer, but they asked me to sell can of soda.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in November 2008.

Like most other companies, they first call you and ask you some questions, than if you are choosen they will contact you fro a 1 on 1 interview and if they do select you they will do the background check and drug test and if everything is ok ok they will hire you

No I wasent able to negotiate, check other similar companiies first

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2009.

I submitted my application online. A month later i received a call from an HR recruiter and we set up an interview for a week later. At the time of the interview I was in front of her and a District Manager. They went over my resume and had me explain why I would be good for the job/company and what experience did I have to support my statements. A week later I received the offer by telephone and asked when I would be able to start.

Interview Questions
    I had experience in customer service and sales so I was able to negotiate the top of their pay scale for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cricket Communications in August 2010.

i had to interview with three different people. questions were more about passed experience with customers. not much of a reaction from the interviewers. if you make it throught the first two then you are basically in the door. there are background checks which they are very strict about. also drug test are needed.

Interview Questions
    • if you see someone stealing what would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cricket Communications in July 2010.

several questions asked

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cricket Communications in December 2008.

Hiring process was a trainwreck. Recruiter contacted me via phone and requested an interview. I initially declined as the position they wanted to interview me for would have been a lateral move from my current position. I was then offered an interview for a management position in addition to interviewing for the retail sales representative (RSR) position, which enticed me to agree to an interview.

I arrived at one of their cattle call job fairs - the company had not yet launched in the Chicago market - and went through a couple of interviews. It's pretty standard, performance based interviews ("tell me about a time you had to be a part of a team and finish a project in a specific time", "tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer", etc) and the first part went fine. The second part of the interview was with a different interviewer, who was borderline rude and insinuated the people she interviewed, including myself, just gave her the answers she wanted to hear rather than truthful answers to the questions.

Despite being assured I would have an interview for a leadership position, I was never granted one. I was offered an RSR position which I declined, then a month later was offered a position I never even interviewed for, which I made the mistake of accepting against my better judgment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to be a part of a team and finish a project in a specific time?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating. My advice to anyone considering an offer is to only take it if you are currently without a job, or if you are willing to work unpaid overtime if you're hourly or work 60+ hours per week if on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Cricket Communications in May 2007.

Very informal...... The interviewer was very helpful and relaxed during the process. The interview only lasted about 25 minutes and a lot of that consisted of him going over company procedures and informing me on the work environment that could be expected on a day to day. Overall.. a painless experience and one that someone who is even remotely competent would be able to withstand with relative ease.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had do deal with an unexpected or irregular happening in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Cricket Communications? Contribute to the Community!