Cricket Communications

3.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications.

Enjoyed interview process with several people. Hiring manager was warm and friendly. Did not seem that they read my resume or would not have been surprised by the depth and breadth of my experience after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Told by headhunter that opportunity for higher salary in 3 months. When asked about salary promise 5 months into job after winning awards, told that excellent performance and very happy with me, management became outraged at request for higher salary (even after working 7 day weeks at all hours of the day and night). They then decided that they did not want to need me for asking for the money I was promised.

Cricket Communications Response

Oct 10, 2013Senior Manager, Communications

Appreciate your feedback in relation to our hiring and subsequent employee experience, am sorry that it's taken this long to provide a response. If you haven't already, please also be sure to share ... More

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in January 2012.

Once the recruiter did the initial screening, a phone interview was setup. It was a normal 20 minute discussion about overall skills, the position itself, questions, and general interest. After this, an onsite interview was established which consisted of 3 persons: the group manager, the director, and another analyst via phone to their Denver office.

I was asked about experience and given generic skills tests, like draw a Kimball data model and explain some concepts. What was interesting is the director's questions - very open ended: 1. Give me a plan to take out the trash, 2. If the website's home page went down, how would you QA the home page specifically the login? As much I I think I could read people, I had no idea how I did. I suspect, partially in hindsight, that they were very vague to assess the types of questions you ask and the overall ability to break down the problem. Who's trash? Where is the bin? What resources? Etc., not necessarily to build a perfect plan, per se.

The next day, after introspection on the interview, I called the recruiter and told her I do not think I showed enough interest (I'm reserved). To which she responded, they had gotten back to her and said they thought I was not interested enough in the position. Oh well!! But lesson is show lots of enthusiasm for Cricket!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me a plan for taking out trash?   View Answer
    • QA the new home page after it crashed and had to be rebuilt. Specifically the login and submit.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cricket Communications in December 2010.

phone interview with 2 people

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict at work please? and what are the step?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2010.

Started with a phone interview with HR, then 3 rounds of interviews with managers and a closing one with HR.
    They were most interested in applicable experience and your ability to hit the ground running.
    The people are nice and friendly, the office is brand new(LEED gold) very open as their are windows everywhere.

Interview Questions
    • They presented a current situation related to the particular project I would be working on and ask me to spitball ideas.   Answer Question
    Since its an internship there is little negotiation but they pay well for interning

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cricket Communications in May 2010.

Please be as detailed as possible - including initial communications, planning, and number of interviews. Bonus points for your perception of the people, office, and work culture.

Limited and inflexible to local avg salary.

Applications Engineering Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cricket Communications in May 2010.

Executive level interviews & tests. One hour interviews with 3 VPs and 4 Directors consisting of scripted & individualized questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give and example of a professional situation that you view as a failure and how you corrected the issue and what you learned from it.   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cricket Communications in January 2010.

Phone interview with the HR department, and then face to face interview with hiring manager. Interviewed with hiring manager for an hour and then called back a day later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Techincal questions in accounting and then what was my 10 year goal.   Answer Question
    Temp. to hire.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cricket Communications in June 2009.

First i got a call for a telehponic interview by HR. :Later on during next week, Senior Software Engineer took a telephonic interview for 45min. After 2 weeks i received a call from HR for an 2 onsite interviews, one with Senior S/w Engineer and other with Hiring Manager. Later on after 1 month i heard that i have been selected

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cricket Communications in May 2009.

Did a phone interview with HR. Then did interview in person with 4 different people. They all had a problem on the board and asked me how I would solve it. They wanted to see how my mind works in problem solving. All financial related.

Interview Questions
    • Please answer the q on board: How can we know if a customer openes a new account even though they churned out with a remaining balance due? (remember we dont use ss# since no credit check).   View Answer
    Easy - they offered a lot of $$$ so I accepted.

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cricket Communications in May 2008.

I got phone interview and then 1:1