Cricket Media

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Management Interview

Product Management
Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cricket Media in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was quick and down to the point. I got an offer quickly and wasn't left hanging around for ages waiting for feedback. Management knew what they were looking for and acted quickly when they found it, at least in my department.

Interview Question – More of a quote... "Thank God you didn't wear a suit!"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everything was very upfront.

Software Engineer PHP Interview

Software Engineer PHP
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cricket Media in July 2013.

Interview Details – I saw their posting on here. I replied with my resume. They contacted me via email the next day wanting to know when I was available for a telephone interview. Within 2 days, I was interviewed by the VP of Engineering. It was about 45 minutes. He asked my experience, interests, goals, etc. I asked questions about the job, their processes/technologies, general company culture, etc. He said he wanted to bring me in for an interview but had a few more inteviews to conduct and would let me know if I made the cut two days later or at the latest by the end of the week. Two days later he asked me via email my availability for the next week. I gave him days and times. He first set something up for a Monday. Then changed it later that day to Tuesday. He sent me an email invitation. I clicked Accept and it was entered onto my Hotmail calendar. I showed up for the interview 5 minutes exactly late even though I arrived in Herndon 40 minutes early. Mapquest gave me the wrong directions. So after driving around for a while trying to find "Technology Drive" I stopped in a 7/11 and asked a bunch of construction like folks who were buying snacks and filling up as the attendant didn't know. None of them knew. So I called information for the ePals telephone number as I was not given one. Information said that they were not listed. So I found a map stand in the 7/11 and finally found it listed on this very detailed map. It was on the other end of Herndon. I was late 5 minutes exaclty when I stood at the receptionist desk asking for my interviewer. She said he was would be out in about 15 minutes. So he came out nd I apologized for being late. He said I was early . . . like 3 hours early. I was taken aback and said I thought the interview was at 11:15. He said it was at 2:15. I told him I could leave and come back but didn't understand the mix up as it was entered on my Hotmail calendar. (Later I verified tht I did indeed have EST as my setting. And I have used this feature many times without this mix up.) Anyway he said no that now was good as later and since I was there why not. So I interviewed with him and the dept manager for 45 minutes. They asked about my experiences and jobs and etc just like the telephone interview. It was casual and polite. They seemed to be impressed about my background and even said certain things would be an asset there because did or were planning to do z,y, z. There really were not technical questions at all in either interview by the way. Anyway the VP had to go to a meeting. He left for about 15 minutes and told us to feel free to continue talking. THe manager wanted to. So he and I continued talking. Then the VP came back and we talk even more. So I was there about an hour and 15 minutes in total. They originally scheduled I think 30 minutes. So everything went well. The manager walked me out and we talked while walking out. He was showing me around somewhat. I waited for feedback and got nothing. I didn't get "We are still interviewing", "We feel like you have an excellent background but not a good fit for this role", "We have offered the position to someone else good luck", " We have put hiring for this position on hold" . . . nothing. So after a week of not hearing a word I emailed the VP and asked what their hiring process was for the role as I had two other opportunities to pursue. I have heard nothing for two days now. No out of office reply.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. I have had many other interviews that grilled me about coding and database questions etc. Nothing like this. They stuck to my resume and asked about my experiences and how that related to what they were doing.   View Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cricket Media in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer didn't have my resume in front of him (no apology). Asked me to go over the details of my resume so he could understand why I qualify for the job. He wanted me to give the dates of employment for each position I've had over the past 15 years. Basically act as a live resume. However, I don't think he listened as he gave no feedback on the phone - at one point I thought we had lost connection and had to ask if he was still there. His questions were not relevant to the position. He wanted to see if I knew my way around Unix - which I do - and how proficient I am on .net. He finally asked detailed SEO questions. I happen to know Unix but the other two I have technical overviews. None fo the technologies that interested him were on the job description. He did not ask a single Project Management question. At the 1/2 hour he said he has a hard deadline. He said he'll email me for a second interview and I never heard back. I'm marking the interview as difficult due to the fact that I had to go over my resume in detail and that the interviewer was not ready for the call and asked irrelevant questions.

Interview Questions

• If I have .net experience - while the job was specifically for customer facing web-based applications and services with a focus toward developing online communities.   Answer Question
  • SEO methods and how would one get indexed.   Answer Question

Worked for Cricket Media? Contribute to the Community!