Crispin Porter

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

2.9

Graphic Designer/Art Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Crispin Porter.

I met with a total of six people. While the interviewers were generally distracted and running behind schedule, the focus seemed to be on being a good cultural fit. Given the crazy, demanding work schedule, it seemed people cared more about your personality than your skills and experience. I was impressed that I interviewed with fairly senior managers.

Studio Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crispin Porter in January 2015.

I applied in the fall for a studio artist position and heard back about a month later from a recruiter. I had a phone call with the recruiter to see if I was the right fit for CP+B. Then the office was closed for 2 weeks during the holidays and then heard back from the recruiter setting up a phone call with a senior in the department I would be working in. Then we set up a half day interview with 5 to 6 people, we scheduled the interview with very short notice. I met with each person for about 30 minutes each but at one point I was sitting there by myself for 30 minutes while everyone was running to meetings and trying to stay on task. I met with people I would be working closely with or under in the department. The company culture looks great minus the long crazy hours that can happen often. Most of the people I met with were very nice and friendly even though you feel a bit intimidated when you first start talking to them.

Junior Interactive Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crispin Porter.

Started with a linkedin message from a recruiter at the company. Followed with a brief phone interview from the recruiter (30 minutes). Next was a phone interview with the boulder department head (1 hr). Next I went into the office in boulder. Met with around 5 people, 30 minutes each (expect at least a half day). Lastly I had a Skype interview with the head of the department in LA (1 hr).

Great experience all together. They were incredibly flexible and easy to schedule with. Got the job.

Interview Questions
    Salary was somewhat negotiable. Don't worry about vacation days since those are very flexible and there are a ton of agency days off throughout the year.

Anonymous Interview Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Crispin Porter.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took few days to have a phone interview.
    The interview was pretty standard but woman who interviewed me is VERY rude. Not a good impression with the company at all. She replied to my question with a question and talked in a condescending tone.

It was the worst experience I have ever interviewed with HR.

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crispin Porter in December 2014.

My interview was a three step process:
    1. Recruiter phone interview
    2. Employee phone interview
    3. In house interview

Interviewing is always a little bit nerve racking but I thought every interviewer made the situation really calm and normal. There weren't any crazy questions or things to throw you off.

The In house interview was the most extensive. I met with 5 people... two Execs and three people currently holding the position I was interviewing for. The interviews were much more like conversations, getting to know each other. Everyone was very nice and very positive about the company. All in all it was a great experience

Copywriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crispin Porter.

Flew us in and we met with all the creatives. We then flew back the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, they've already seen your work, they're more interested in who you are as a person.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for higher pay and got it.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crispin Porter.

Interview was very genuine and to the point. I applied at the last minute and was called the next day and offered later that day. HR ladies were super nice and super helpful and knowledgeable.

Copywriter Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crispin Porter in August 2013.

You'll usually be put through a test once you get past the first round.

No negotiation.

Traffic Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Crispin Porter.

Submitted resume via website. Caught a call form HR within 1-2 days looking to set up screening interview. Had phone screen. Within 1-2 days, they scheduled a trip to Boulder. The next day, they scheduled a trip to Miami. I had an offer before leaving Miami. They are much more concerned with personality and how you'll fit in. Over the two interview days in Boulder and Miami, I interviewed with at least 12 people in the studio, account service, creative, and production departments. Each provided feedback and they decided based on that.

Interview Questions
    If you have agency experience, you can negotiate more.

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crispin Porter.

1. Phone interview with a recruiter (got to know how the company)
    2. Phone interview with an Executive director, went through a couple of projects on my website.
    3. They flew me out to see the company. Stayed at an awesome hotel and interviewed the next day. It was an all day interviewed from 9-5. Talked to a dozen of people ranging from technical director, UX director, producers, to designers.
    4. I was tasked to do a design challenge