Criteo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really quick and cohesive. I was contacted by a recruiter online which was quickly followed by a quick HR interview who sent me a technical quiz which I passed. This was followed up by a very comprehensive interview by 4-5 managers via Skype. This was pretty routine and included behavioral questions, situation based questions, puzzles and specific technical problems. The emphasis again was on industry knowledge and problem solving abilities. Then I was flown to New York for another round of interviewing which was with Account Strategists, Senior Managers in my own team and the Executive Vice President. This round of interviewing was again very case based & behavioral with a scenario or two where they drilled down to the technical specifications.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you react if a customer/manager/ was..... in XYZ scenario?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Criteo in March 2015.

Interview

Few questions, mostly pertaining to what you know about the firm and why specifically you want to work for Criteo, Interview was conducted over the phone and with a member of the Criteo HR team. After the interview, it took about a week for the same HR member to reach out and solidify the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Criteo engine and how it has differentiated Criteo from competitors in the industry   Answer Question

Workplace Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Professional, transparent, and relaxed. The process began with an email explaining the company's interest in the submitted resume and scheduling of a phone interview. During the phone interview, the interviewer gave a clear image of the environment and culture of Criteo, and asked appropriate questions to gather information as to whether I would fit with the company's goals. After a second phone interview, the interviewer sent an email requesting a 1:1 interview at the company site. This interview was comfortable, friendly, and insightful. The questions pertained to possible issues that may arise and explanations about the company's vision. Less than a week later, a confirmation of acceptance into the desired position was sent.

Interview Questions

• How does your current job translate to Criteo?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer first asked about current income and expected income if I were to accept the position. The offer fell within the expected range.

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was professional, organized, effective and relaxed. I was contacted via email by a recruiter who followed up with a phone call and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. The IT management team is based out of Paris so i had 3 video conference interviews that were well organized and efficient. They were very flexible with the scheduling since I am still at my current job as well as there was a 7 hour time difference with the Paris office. This might have been the smoothest interview process i've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job and why are you choosing Criteo?   Answer Question

Sales Performance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very efficient and organized. I was sent meeting times and VC links for each interviewer and their role so I could prepare. Process was mapped out and explained well, very easy and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Criteo.

Interview

I applied for a Sr Analyst position but they automatically transferred my candidacy to a Data Scientist position; or they just erased the Sr Analyst job offer, I do not know the details.

The process started with the initial phone screen with HR, then I had to take their on-line analytical test (google it to get question and answers). A few hours after I took the test I got contacted by HR to arrange a meeting with the hiring manager. I am sure he is a nice person but the interview did not go so well and we just did not "click" so I think it is best for both parties that I did not get the job. He reportedly told HR that I do not have enough analytical skills. Whatever.

Interview Questions

• Questions during interview:

1- Say you do on-line ads for two different companies, EasyJet and Mercedes. How would you present your results to the board and prove them you did not waste any money?

2- Another question that involves some economic thinking about why profits go down etc. in the on-line ad business. I recommend you review concepts such as Click-Through Rate, Conversion Rate and the auction mechanisms in on-line marketing etc.

3- After Facebook users pass away, their profile pages remain. So today we have some dead users and some users that are still alive. Will the number of dead people ever equal that of the ones that are alive? When will that happen? How would you calculate it?

Answer Question

Interview

There was a phone screening, then test and then an in person interview with the managers and director. The analytical text dealt with formulas and click through rates. It had word problems with calculations you needed to figure out.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was detailed, organized and effective. Was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter who followed up with a phone call and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. Came into the office twice to meet with six different individuals. The process was well organized, took about 1.5 months and recruiting team kept me posted throughout.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present my 30/60/90 day plan if I were to accept the role, explaining goals and KPIs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate additional vacation (company standard is 10 days).

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks, mostly because the whole company was in Paris for the summit during that time so it was difficult to schedule. It consisted of 2 in-person interviews plus an informal coffee meeting with the team lead. The only thing that annoyed me about the process was that they showed very little consideration for the fact that I was still working elsewhere and it was difficult for me to get away that often. The questions are pretty standard but it depends on who is interviewing you (it's usually several people) because everyone asks different questions. Nothing too difficult though.

The only annoying thing was that I was apparently being interviewed for 2 positions and had no idea until probably the 3rd interview. Once I told them which one I was more interested in though, they began considering me for that only. It just would have been nice to know that going in because the recruiter indicated I was only interviewing for one.

Also, the person I would be working most closely with wasn't around during the interview process which was unfortunate. I had a lot of questions about what I would be working on and nobody could really answer those for me. I kinda wish someone would have reached out to this person or to the central team in France so that I could get a better idea of what I was getting into before I was hired. This won't be the same experience for everybody, I'm sure, but just a heads-up in case a similar situation arises.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you? (open-ended question)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation on salary. Initially when the recruiter called, he had asked what I wanted to make and when I told him the figure, he said that's definitely in the range for the position. When I was offered the job, he gave me a salary $4K below the original number, however, the yearly bonus made it around what I had requested. It just would have been nice if they had been more upfront about what they were willing to offer in the first place.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Criteo (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had with a company. This is was my experience in its entirety, please judge for yourself.

April
    - contacted through linkedin by their in-house recruiter
    - scheduled a call, recruiter did not dial in
    - followed up to ask if we can reschedule, since the original call was missed
    - had successful call with recruiter, who asked me if I can come in for an interview

May
    - came into office, met with founder of new email retargeting division
    - 3 days later, asked to come back to meet with EVP
    - passed EVP interview, asked to come back for VP interview, plus head of HR
    - the interview coordinator scheduled my VP interview for the next week, no mention of HR interview
    - had pleasant interview with VP, felt it went well
    - 2 weeks pass, no correspondence from Criteo

June
    - follow up, to ask if I am still meeting with HR as mentioned
    - no response
    - after 2 weeks, call the interview coordinator to ask for a status
    - he confirms that I am still being considered for the position, and their head recruiter will follow up with me next week
    - next week passes, no calls
    -a full week later, the interview coordinator emails me, saying that Criteo wants to "continue the conversation" and tries to schedule an interview for me to meet a VP I already interviewed with a month ago.
    - Because I like the company, and am holding out hope for an agreeable outcome, I agree to come back in to meet with 3 more people
    -Interviews go well, lead recruiter tells me that the "final step" is meeting with a member of creative and tech teams.
    -Go in to meet with these two people a week later,( making the number of people I have interviewed with at this point to be 9. )

July
    - 2 weeks pass since last interview, no contact from Criteo
    - I write to them to ask for an update
    -they respond thanking me for following up, and say that they are looking for a more "seasoned candidate".
    / end

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how our product works?
      How do you handle unhappy clients?
      How do you compromise in order to create a win-win situation?
      Whats the nicest thing you've done lately for someone?
      What do you like to do outside of work?
      What do you think the future of the digital marketing industry is?

Answer Question

Criteo Response

Aug 16, 2014HR Director, North America

Hi - thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you've had the experience described above, but want to thank you for providing your feedback in detail. Your feedback has been instrumental to us ... More