Criteo

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RTB Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Criteo in January 2014.

Interview Details – - 20 minutes interview with HR
- Interviews with every people in the team and one member of the integration team.
- interview with the team manager
- final step : interview with the VP

Interview Questions

Business Development Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Criteo.

Interview Details – Applied for an internship position and heard back the next day. Set up a phone screening interview a few days later. Then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with a supervisor and director and was asked basic interview questions. I then was given a tour of the office space and it was a pleasant atmosphere.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Criteo.

Interview Details – Saw the job posting on VentureLoop so applied through the company's website. Got contacted by an HR Recruiter a few weeks later.

After a phone screen the HR recruiter said there would be an online test. If I passed the test, I would interview with the hiring manager. She said after the test, she would immediately know how I performed--she didn't. She waited two weeks to let me know I they weren't proceeding forward with the interview process. She never told me how I did. As a result, I feel like this discourtesy deserves divulging the test question to all you.

The online test has 8 questions and must be completed within 20 minutes. The last question, though, has four parts. Apparently they get progessively harder. And now, for your unfair advantage:

Question 1
An ad campaign has generated 1 million ad impressions and 6000 clicks.
What is the CTR (ClickThrough Rate)? (in percentage)

Question 2
An ad campaign has generated 5000 clicks and 100 transactions.
What is the conversion rate (in percentage)?

Question 3
With a budget of $5000 and a CPC (Cost per click) = $0.4, how many clicks an advertiser can buy (integer without unit)?

Question 4
An ad campaign has a CTR = 0.6% and a CPC = $0.4.
What is the equivalent CPM (in dollar)?

Question 5
An ad campaign has a CPC = $0.5, a conversion rate = 3% and an average transaction value of $260.
What is the Cost of Sales of the campaign (cost of the ad campaign divided by the revenues generated, in percentage)?

Question 6
With a margin on revenues of 13%, an average transaction value of $290 and a conversion rate = 0.7%, what is the maximum CPC an advertiser can afford without losing money (in dollar)?

Question 7
During his browsing, a user is randomly exposed to two ad banners A & B. Those two banners are equally likely to be shown. One and only one banner is shown per page.
After two pages of browsing, what’s the probability that the user was shown only banners A (in percentage)?

Question 8
A/B Testing campaign: Measuring the impact of Criteo retargeting ads compared to a control group
Number of Unique users Number of transactions on client site
Group A exposed to Criteo banners 600,000
Group B Control group not exposed 50,000

a. Is it a problem to have a control group smaller than the Criteo group? Yes / No
b. What incremental revenues per user Criteo has generated for the client advertiser (in dollar, rounded to the cent)?
c. What total incremental revenues Criteo has generated for the client advertiser?
d. With $200.000 revenues following clicks on banners for group A (post click), what is the related post view (view through) effect in revenues generated by Criteo campaign?

Interview Question – Question 8
Number of Unique users Number of transactions on client site
Group A exposed to Criteo banners 600,000
Group B Control group not exposed 50,000

Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Criteo.

Interview Details – I love the office the moment I entered through the front doors. The admin assistant was warm and welcoming, the employees seemed happy to see me, and the overall interview went really well. Everyone was very friendly and I loved to see the culture in the office because of the open workspace.

Interview Question – They had me take a test with calculations related to online ad sales (CPM, CPC, etc.)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Criteo in June 2011.

Interview Details – Met with sales leaders and Director of HR. Welcoming. I was impressed by one sales leader and not the other. Had a phone interview and two in person interviews. It was not all that grueling but be prepared.

Interview Question – Challenging me and seeing how I responded under pressure   View Answer

Marketing Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Criteo in December 2011.

Interview Details – 5 rounds with all the highest senior managers. Mostly a conversation between me and senior management though I did have to take a math test and do an impromptu presentation, over video conference, for our CEO. Overall I enjoyed the experience and learned a lot, I definitely walked into this job with eyes wide open.

Interview Question – What do you think our biggest marketing problems are in the US?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very fair.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Criteo

Interview Details – I got an offer to take the analytic test online. You might find the example of tests.

Interview Question – not that difficult, if you feel free to basic calculus.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Criteo.

Interview Details – First technic interview of 30 minutes. Ask me about few technic questions and asked me to explain my previous experience.

Interview Question – Garbage collector functionning.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Munich (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Criteo in January 2014.

Interview Details – Horrible Process. Stereo-Typical French Attitute and Ignorance. Orthographic and Grammar Mistakes in E-Mail, no Greeting formula or CI, horrible code of conduct towards human beings. My advice would be to steer clear of this company.

Interview Question – All technical question have been exceptionally easy, unambitious and uncreative while stating the opposite in the introduction of the test. Most "difficult" question was to color a CSS background in red - Roflcopter.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The spelling, grammar and reasonableness of the reply were so horrible that I did decline.

Account Strategist Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Criteo in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who was working at Criteo. The first stage was a phone interview with HR who asked general questions about the company and my background, the next stage was a phone interview with the manager which was quite similar to the first stage. Then I was invited to face-to-face interview with the manager and VP. I had to prepare a presentation based on a case study. I was asked very detailed questions about the arguments I made in the presentation. After the presentation I had a face to face interview with the manager asking me about my motivations, experience, etc. The whole process was very professional and handled very well.

Interview Question – There were very detailed questions related to the information you included in the presentation so make sure you prepare well.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Criteo

Worked for Criteo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Criteo interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Criteo employees and interview candidates.