Criteo

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Criteo.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by one of the company’s recruiters. The first step was a 30 min phone interview with this recruiter, who asked a few questions about my background and introduced me to the company. The second step was a timed online test consisting of questions related to online marketing (CPC, A/B testing, etc) and calculations involving percentages. Nothing difficult here since the recruiter told me in advance by e-mail of which concepts I should be familiar with before starting the test. The third step was an in-person interview at their office with a member of the BI team. The interview consisted of questions about the company’s product and business model, plus two “Google questions” (see below). I didn’t have a very clear understanding of the company’s product and failed to find the correct answer to one of the Google questions, so I didn’t make it any further.

Interview Questions
    • Why do underground stations have three times more exits than entrances?

4 people want to cross a river. You have one barge that can hold no more than two passengers at a time. The first passenger rows at such speed that it takes him 1 min to cross the river. It takes the second 2 min, the third 5 min and the fourth 10 min. When there are two people in the barge, the slowest rower determines the speed at which they cross the river. What is the shortest amount of time in which you can get all 4 people to cross the river?

View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Criteo.

Criteo approached me through Linkedin and were interested in having a chat. I had brief chat with someone from the HR which was really good. Following that I had another 40 minutes long interview which was mainly about my CV, experience and how it is relevant for Criteo. Also I was asked if I know who are their competitors and what's their business model. I passed this interview successfully and had a final interview which was to make a business presentation of Criteo and to sell it to two of their managers. It was really a good experience, I learned quite a lot about their product and did extensive research. They really liked me and told me on the spot that they would like to hire me

Interview Questions
    • Overall if you prepare for the intervieww and do enough research, you won't have difficult questions as you can expect what they can ask you about.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation and honestly their offer was really good.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Criteo in June 2014.

Contacted me on Linkedin. Then arranged a call and wanted me to take an online test whenever ready. I loaded the test and had 20 minutes to answer 8 questions. THey were pretty basic/logical.
    but didnt have enough time to finish them as my internet broke down! wasn't lucky with that and they didnt allow me to retake it which is normal I guess. Well what is not normal and not professional at all is that they never answered my emails after second interview. Not even to let me know that I failed the test which I kind of understood that on my own when my computer broke down. If you do not want a third round interview with a candidate let him/her know, that was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had. No feedback nothing.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Criteo in November 2013.

I was referred by a friend who was working at Criteo. The first stage was a phone interview with HR who asked general questions about the company and my background, the next stage was a phone interview with the manager which was quite similar to the first stage. Then I was invited to face-to-face interview with the manager and VP. I had to prepare a presentation based on a case study. I was asked very detailed questions about the arguments I made in the presentation. After the presentation I had a face to face interview with the manager asking me about my motivations, experience, etc. The whole process was very professional and handled very well.

Interview Questions
    • There were very detailed questions related to the information you included in the presentation so make sure you prepare well.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Criteo in September 2013.

Interviewer came unprepared. I had an impression he's just printed out my CV 5 minutes before the meeting. When I smiled - he did not respond with a smile.Very cold and official, but when spoke about company culture, he tried to build image of 'work hard, play hard organization'. He was not focused on my experience, only asking if it was gained in UK or not as if that was the main factor for hire.
    Highly unprofessional look - sweated T-shirt and jeans. Maybe it is because,as he said, he works from early morning to late night. I could believe in that - my rejection notification came late at night - it means someone was still working!! For God sake - those ppl are working there night and day...I was HAPPY to be rejected!!

When it comes to the questions:
    Very standard questions:
    1.What have you been doing in your previous company?
    2.Why have you applied for this role?
    3.What are your career goals?

I had a very poor recruitment experience there. Recruiter couldn't build a friendly atmosphere , it was tensed and unpleasant.

Head of Key Account Management UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Criteo.

I applied through their website. Very quickly, a recruiter in Paris called me for an screening interview. He them invited to take an online test which was made of 10 questions to be answered in 20 minutes maximum. As I passed the online I was invited to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager (Director of Key account management) and to a second one a week later with the MD of UK and Nordics.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Criteo in September 2011.

More interviews than other companies, with different people at different levels, a test and a presentation. Every interview is a new/different challenge, everything is assessed, the whole process is tiring, can be lengthy, but rewarding (if you get the job of course).

Interview Questions
    • The test can be tricky, had to remember a few things I learned in school a long time ago! The presentation is always a style exercise, and preparation is key (like any presentation really). There are always questions at the end, no right or wrong answers, these are here to see if the candidate masters his subject.   Answer Question
    Negotiation went through the recruiter, as expected there was small room for raising the package, but I got what I really wanted in the end, so positive overall.