Critical Mass Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.5

Interview

Talked with recruiter over phone and got on-site interview with hiring managers. The interview questions are very basic and they were very willing to share more about their company.

Interview Questions

• Most are basic questions. What's your comfortable working style?   Answer Question

Information Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Critical Mass.

Interview

Contacted via phone due to personal recommendation. Spoke with HR over phone. Met with Account Manager in local coffee shop. Was offered within 2 weeks. It was both personal and professional, but I was expecting more in-depth analysis of my experience and expertise. Things were probably accelerated due to pressing project needs and particular skills they needed in the roster.

Interview Questions

• Standard bevy: toughest challenges to overcome, strengths, weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was immobile, as they said the home office salaries were tiered lower than standard pay in my location. it was fair pay, but they didn't budge.

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Critical Mass (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Long but casual talk with recruiter/HR in another office, then met with an account manager to discuss ideas, role and responsibility. Asked and answered lots of things about experience, vision, skills and strengths. Discussed a great deal about the client and interacting with them. Had some really good coffee.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult work experience you can remember and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty firm on the offer, even when I did a soft poke to see if they were flexible. It was reasonable, but didn't hurt to try.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Critical Mass (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The first contact came through from the company in the form of an email from one of their own HR/recruiters. At the initial face-to-face meeting with him, we talked about a general overview of the position and expectations.

In the second meeting with technology team members (three people: tech lead, tech director and a developer) I was asked general questions about technologies I am comfortable with and the technologies being used at the company.

Overall my experience was positive, the people involved were friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a scenario that they were experiencing. I had started the answer in one way and realized I should be answering from a more technical perspective so, I had to switch how I was phrasing my answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Critical Mass (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviews were scheduled through email. The hiring committee was smaller than expected - 3 - a hiring manager and two creative directors. There were no hard questions, I just explained my work. The room the interviews were held were hot in the new building. The committee wanted to see everything I had to show, even if it was not related to the position. Everyone was casual and the only prepared questions came from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Main questions were perception based, what do I know about the company, why would I want to work there, etc. This was a challenging question because depending you had to know a lot about each account, depending on which director wanted to interview you.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Critical Mass in April 2011.

Interview

I initially contacted CM about an open position. It took them a couple weeks to get back to me. Once they did, I had an easy phone screen with a recruiter. A few weeks after that, I interviewed with people in my department and people on a couple of different clients that I might work on.

The interviews themselves were strictly resume-based and behavioral. Everyone was nice (except for one person who I learned later just isn't very nice; it wasn't a tactic or anything).

Interview Questions

• Why don't you have more digital experience?
      Do you use social media a lot?

Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me a pretty good offer; I countered asking for 5% more and they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Critical Mass (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

The employee who met with me was very friendly and welcoming. The company recruiter however hugely low balled me on job position and compensation. I was new to the city without many contacts in the local area so I took the position as a starting point. It is now very slow and hard to move up in the company being lowballed right off the bat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Critical Mass (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

friend of a friend set up the initial interview. It lasted 1 hour with a wide range of topics covered. Mostly looked for fit and was hired after only 1 interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy - one phone call, got the offer and accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Critical Mass (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

I was phoned and went in for one interview. An offer was made two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I should have.