Critigen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consulting Interview

Sales Consulting
Dallas, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Critigen in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially very excited to interview with Critigen for a Sales Consulting/Territory Manager position. However, I was disappointed almost from the beginning with what an earlier company review (Dec. 26, 2010) described as an almost narcissistic detachment from one of the SVP's that I interviewed with. After several screens with the company recruiter, phone interviews with two senior managers and a 1:1 wiht the SVP in person (where I was asked if I would take a contract position instead of the previously discussed salary/variable comp) the company goes dark. After supplying a presentation, I was met with no returned VM's, zero email responses and one assistant that told me that the SVP had was headed to the airport for vacation. This was the same day that I was told an offer would be sent.

The last straw was the day (almost 90 days + after the initial contact) that I was finally able to get the recruiter to return my call with an email (nice, huh?) and she told me that the position was not being filled. The SVP then returned my call to him later in the day, yes another email, to tell me that he has filled it with another candidate.

Bottom line. Get your sH!+ together and stop playing verbal shell games with your talent, potential hires, and customers. Apply a Big 4 culture and SOP with your niche. Unfortunately, I would not recommend Critigen to anyone, customers and partners included.

I hope Golden Gate Capital is aware of the amateur hour going on with their checkbook.

Interview Questions

• "Will you accept a contract position? You know, "try it before we buy it?"   View Answer
  • "How many of your previous book of business contacts and vendors and partners will you offer up to our pipeline immediately?"   View Answer

GIS Developer Interview

GIS Developer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Critigen in April 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with at least a dozen staff members over the nearly 4 month period since initial contact via LinkedIn. There was a month between the first interview and the 2-week interval where the majority of the interviews took place, followed by another interview approaching the 4 month period and then an offer.

Interview Question – What is a field blank sample used for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary

GIS Developer Interview

GIS Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Critigen in October 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online (via their website) on the weekend, and that following Monday, I received an email from HR requesting a phone screening. I did not proceed past the phone interview. The interview was a typical HR-style interview, in that the majority of the questions were behavioral. The recruiter also asked me to rate myself on a number of technical skills that the position required. She ended with a few knowledge-based technical questions that the hiring manager wanted asked, and these were not difficult. I'm not entirely sure why I was never contacted again.

Interview Question – Which one of these ArcGIS web mapping APIs do you think will be the most used in the future and why: Silverlight, JavaScript, or Flex?   View Answer

Worked for Critigen? Contribute to the Community!