Crossing Automation

Crossing Automation Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crossing Automation

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crossing Automation in October 2010.

The process consisted with a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a series of 1 on 1 interviews with 4+ employees onsite.

The phone interview was very basic and asked a few simple questions on my background. On the other hand, the thing that really bugged me was that it really sounded that the manager was in a rush. I didn't even get a chance to ask more specific questions about the position.

The onsite interview consisted of a series of 20-30min 1 on 1 interviews with different people (marketing, managers, junior engineers). Some of the information sounded contradictory to what the last person stated. Since, I was interviewed 1 after another, I got many redundant questions. Furthermore, each interviewer gave way different descriptions about the job, so it really confused me.

One of the interviewers really liked to go in tangents when talking. I think we spent a good 10 min discussing how the company was very close to bankruptcy a year ago and how the merger saved them.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crossing Automation in October 2009.

Company contacted me through LinkedIn web site. I responded with an email. Shortly after I recieved a 1/2 hour phone call and we revied my skills and the position. I then met one on one with hiring manager for 2 hours. I then came back and gave a 1/2 hour presentation to the group. I then had one on one interviews with 5 people.

Interview Questions
    • Can a variable be declared const and volatile?   View Answer