Crossix Solutions Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crossix Solutions Inc.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in February 2015.

Interview

The first phone screen took around 30 minutes. Asked basic behavioral questions, leadership experience. Also wanted to know about any marketing and data analysis experience. Make sure you know what the company does.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career database. They contacted me by email asking for times I would be available for a phone interview. The questions were simple such as- what do you know about what we do? When have you worked with a large set of data? What is your role in a group setting?, etc. The followed up the next day by email inviting me to the office for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you behave in a group setting? Are you a leader, a problem-solver, the creative thinker, etc?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc..

Interview

I applied for the marketing data analyst position through my unviersity's career services. After submitting my resume I was contacted in order to set up a phone interview with an HR rep

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a large set of data and walk me through it step-by-step.   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel you would be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in March 2013.

Interview

First contacted for a phone interview with a member of HR and a VP. Within a week they got back to me about coming for an on site final interview. The final interview consisted of an excel logic test, a case study, and several interviews with executive members.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to analyze a large data set   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I received the interview through the university career services. It was a 2:1 interview walking through resume and asking basic behavioral questions. The second round interviews were very similar in nature, what do you think we do (was asking this by every group), describe your analytical skills, walk us through your resume. There was a skills test using basic logic on excel asking you how how many people used a drug or a combination of drugs. The proprietary language test wasn't too difficult either, very simple and easy to walk through. There were 2 2:1 onsite interviews. They just moved into a new office, it was nice and the people were very friendly. I enjoyed meeting all of them.

Interview Questions

• What are your three strongest traits? Describe a time when you worked with a large amount of data. Describe your analytical skills. What do you think we do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I received an on-campus interview through the university website, having turned in a resume and cover letter.

The on-campus interview consisted of two people asking me about three things: my experience with analytics, my entrepreneurial sense, and my perception of and desire to work for Crossix. It was more of a fit interview than anything else

Later, I was contacted for an on-site interview in New York at the Headquarters. There, I was subjected to a Microsoft Excel test (4 questions, it mattered more about getting the answer right and not how long it took/how you got it), a proprietary language test customized to Crossix, and more interviews with the rest of the Crossix team from other Market Data Analysts, Senior Analysts, CEO, and CFO.

I received my offer less than 5 days afterward.

The people seemed great, the office is centrally located on 6th Avenue and well kept, and the work culture seemed open. It appears to be a work hard/play hard place. My only surprise was by the somewhat low initial salary given it is NYC and expensive to live there.

Interview Questions

• Describe something about your background/academics that shows you have worked with data/analytics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have not tried yet.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Got in touch with the hiring manager through a recruiter. Had a phone interview with a part time HR person, who sounded a bit rude, but it went ok. Few days later was invited for an onsite, and as soon as I walked into the office, was shocked to see the open desks for employees, with no privacy at all. Had a SQL/Excel test - pretty straightforward. Had 1:1 with an employee who seemed to have been there for a long time, but failed to give me one good reason why I should join the company. Was told about high expectations from CEO and that was a tip off for me. Still wasn't sure if I wanted to work there. Luckily, got in touch with an employee (same school), and was told lot more about the company's work culture.

Interview Questions

Low salary, expect limited company growth (maybe), failure of interviewers to offer a good reason to join the company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who put me in touch with another recreuiter who then put in contact with the crossix hiring manager. So was a rather long back and forth.

Finally got a call to come into the office. Gave a test consisting of SQL and excel along with a logic test of their propreitery system. Weird test overall and was ambiguous for the most part, designed more for a junior level position. I wanted to leave right away but out of respect stayed for the remaining part of the interview.

Then had a 1:1 interview with one of the employees. Was a pleasant conversation overall, however they were describing a position much junior than what I already have. Interest automatically dwindled. The firm is small too and open desks.

The CEO was described as "pushes people to their limits". That was a red flag for me too. Overall came accross as a firm that had seen some rapid growth but now saturated, I give the experience a 2 star for the bait and switch on the job profile.

Interview Questions

• using their proprietery language write a bunch of statements.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen. Basic questions about my experience and what the company does. 1st interview included meeting with several managers and a logic test. Test was challenging but ok. They have you use XL but really they want you to figure out the number of people in a data set in a few different scenarios. 2nd interview included a marketing case and presentation. Fairly casual interview process although rigorous with the tests and presentation. Overall, seemed reasonable considering it is a small company and they want to make sure the person will fit in.

Interview Questions

• Use XL to determine # of people in data set that comply with several different criteria.   Answer Question
    • Come up with marketing plan insights based on metrics they give you   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

small company stressful environment casual work culture
    phone interview followed by 2 onsites - sql skill test, group interview