Crossix Solutions Inc. Marketing Data Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crossix Solutions Inc.

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in March 2013.

First contacted for a phone interview with a member of HR and a VP. Within a week they got back to me about coming for an on site final interview. The final interview consisted of an excel logic test, a case study, and several interviews with executive members.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you have had to analyze a large data set   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Crossix Solutions Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in March 2012.

I received the interview through the university career services. It was a 2:1 interview walking through resume and asking basic behavioral questions. The second round interviews were very similar in nature, what do you think we do (was asking this by every group), describe your analytical skills, walk us through your resume. There was a skills test using basic logic on excel asking you how how many people used a drug or a combination of drugs. The proprietary language test wasn't too difficult either, very simple and easy to walk through. There were 2 2:1 onsite interviews. They just moved into a new office, it was nice and the people were very friendly. I enjoyed meeting all of them.

Interview Questions
    • What are your three strongest traits? Describe a time when you worked with a large amount of data. Describe your analytical skills. What do you think we do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in December 2011.

I received an on-campus interview through the university website, having turned in a resume and cover letter.

The on-campus interview consisted of two people asking me about three things: my experience with analytics, my entrepreneurial sense, and my perception of and desire to work for Crossix. It was more of a fit interview than anything else

Later, I was contacted for an on-site interview in New York at the Headquarters. There, I was subjected to a Microsoft Excel test (4 questions, it mattered more about getting the answer right and not how long it took/how you got it), a proprietary language test customized to Crossix, and more interviews with the rest of the Crossix team from other Market Data Analysts, Senior Analysts, CEO, and CFO.

I received my offer less than 5 days afterward.

The people seemed great, the office is centrally located on 6th Avenue and well kept, and the work culture seemed open. It appears to be a work hard/play hard place. My only surprise was by the somewhat low initial salary given it is NYC and expensive to live there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something about your background/academics that shows you have worked with data/analytics.   Answer Question
    Have not tried yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in September 2011.

Got in touch with the hiring manager through a recruiter. Had a phone interview with a part time HR person, who sounded a bit rude, but it went ok. Few days later was invited for an onsite, and as soon as I walked into the office, was shocked to see the open desks for employees, with no privacy at all. Had a SQL/Excel test - pretty straightforward. Had 1:1 with an employee who seemed to have been there for a long time, but failed to give me one good reason why I should join the company. Was told about high expectations from CEO and that was a tip off for me. Still wasn't sure if I wanted to work there. Luckily, got in touch with an employee (same school), and was told lot more about the company's work culture.

Interview Questions

Low salary, expect limited company growth (maybe), failure of interviewers to offer a good reason to join the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in January 2011.

Got a call from a recruiter who put me in touch with another recreuiter who then put in contact with the crossix hiring manager. So was a rather long back and forth.

Finally got a call to come into the office. Gave a test consisting of SQL and excel along with a logic test of their propreitery system. Weird test overall and was ambiguous for the most part, designed more for a junior level position. I wanted to leave right away but out of respect stayed for the remaining part of the interview.

Then had a 1:1 interview with one of the employees. Was a pleasant conversation overall, however they were describing a position much junior than what I already have. Interest automatically dwindled. The firm is small too and open desks.

The CEO was described as "pushes people to their limits". That was a red flag for me too. Overall came accross as a firm that had seen some rapid growth but now saturated, I give the experience a 2 star for the bait and switch on the job profile.

Interview Questions
    • using their proprietery language write a bunch of statements.   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crossix Solutions Inc. in November 2011.

After applying on a collegiate online career site, I was first chosen for an on-campus interview. The initial interview was a personality test with two interviewers. After a couple days I was sent an e-mail to be invited to the headquarters for a final interview. The final interview consisted of skills and personality. On skills it was to test excel skills and their proprietary language. The personality consisted of two interviews back to back with two interviewers a piece. The company is small but very effective in what they do and are still in the process of expanding. They're very specific to find the right people to work with them. It was very refreshing to see higher ups working along with other analysts without partitions or cubicles. It was easy to see that they want people interested in marketing and analytics.