Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with Crowe as part of the college recruiting process. The interview consisted of 2 separate thirty minute interviews with two different members of the audit team. The interview consisted of behavior based questions such as, "describe a time when...". The questions focused on times where leadership was shown and cases of working on teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you work to resolve it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was made via email and a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was more detailed than most and lasted approximately 30 minutes. After about a week, I was invited in for an interview. Interviews we scheduled with all department head and his managers. Everyone was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral interview questions, which I liked, but some of them didn't seem to pertain to a support position.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Moves slowly as there are several layers of interviews. First there is a phone interview with an HR type person, then you will have another phone interview with a manager. Finally, you will have multiple in person interviews with several of the senior managers and partner. I applied online for an open position through the Crowe website. However, I have referred several canidates through our referral program and its generally an easier process if you know someone within the company that can refer you.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you encounterd and how did you soove the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isnt much of a negotiation. The partner calls you with the offer and either you accept or ask for more money. Typically, they do a good job of giving you what they think is fair.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus recruit. On campus interview, followed by office visit and a number of interviews throughout the day. Lunch with audit group, and final meeting partner when I received offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical entry level interview questions - describe a challenge you've overcome, etc. Office visit interviews were more targeted about your interest in audit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation at staff level. Received offer letter as I learned I got the job. I don't think there is much flexibility for inexperienced new hires, not that there should be.

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Business Valuations - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

You will be screened through a phone interview at first. If you are selected for a 2nd round, you will have a 3 hour face to face interview with with various people in the group. You will likely see an MD, Director, Manager & Senior Associate. Most likely you will have 2 or 3 people at a time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Obtained interview through informational interview with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy Auditing?   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial campus interview/phone interview with recruiter; second round interview with associate and manager; last round interview with multiple team members followed by interviews with managers and partners. All were 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you worked to grow and expand your professional network?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation package was competitive and acceptable as presented.