Crowe Horwath

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Crowe as part of the college recruiting process. The interview consisted of 2 separate thirty minute interviews with two different members of the audit team. The interview consisted of behavior based questions such as, "describe a time when...". The questions focused on times where leadership was shown and cases of working on teams.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you work to resolve it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made via email and a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was more detailed than most and lasted approximately 30 minutes. After about a week, I was invited in for an interview. Interviews we scheduled with all department head and his managers. Everyone was pleasant.

Interview Question – Many behavioral interview questions, which I liked, but some of them didn't seem to pertain to a support position.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in January 2008.

Interview Details – I came into contact with the company through their website. First off, the professionals were very polite, smart, and friendly throughout the process. I would understand their different groups and try to see where your skils fit to help the organization succeed.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in February 2012.

Interview Details – Obtained interview through informational interview with Partners.

Interview Question – Why do you enjoy Auditing?   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview Details – Initial campus interview/phone interview with recruiter; second round interview with associate and manager; last round interview with multiple team members followed by interviews with managers and partners. All were 1 on 1.

Interview Question – In what ways have you worked to grow and expand your professional network?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The compensation package was competitive and acceptable as presented.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2012.

Interview Details – Moves slowly as there are several layers of interviews. First there is a phone interview with an HR type person, then you will have another phone interview with a manager. Finally, you will have multiple in person interviews with several of the senior managers and partner. I applied online for an open position through the Crowe website. However, I have referred several canidates through our referral program and its generally an easier process if you know someone within the company that can refer you.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you encounterd and how did you soove the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really isnt much of a negotiation. The partner calls you with the offer and either you accept or ask for more money. Typically, they do a good job of giving you what they think is fair.

Tax Intern Interview

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Question – They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, thought everyone was passionate about what they do and I thought they did a great job of selling the firm. Most important thing is to be able to explain why you want to work for them as opposed to big 4.

Interview Questions

Winter Audit Internship Interview

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in March 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview was two half hour interviewers. Asked really bizarre questions and my interviewer tried to write down everything I was saying. I kind of got turned off by that and started spewing out STAR because I think she was required to write in that format. Got a call a few hours later that invited me to second round. Office visit was 8:30-3pm but I only had one interview with a person that started a few months ago. Some people interviewed with partners and managers but for some reason I didn't. The day started with a presentation for a couple of hours then one interview then lunch then office tour then panel discussion. It was way too long and everyone was way too tired (maybe it was due to the large lunch). Got an offer a couple hours later. Really nice people but the interview process was odd compared to big 4.

Interview Question – In second round interview, they asked me to rate my excel, word, powerpoint, and access on a scale from 1-5.. really now?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have another big 4 offer. Offer was very competitive.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crowe Horwath interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Crowe Horwath employees and interview candidates.