Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.6

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

From the start they are very friendly and helpful in terms of any questions you would have. Interviews are very easy and center around your standard behavioral questions.

IT Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

First round was two 1:1 behavioral interviews. I interviewed with a senior manager and the campus recruiter. It was very simple and some of the questions were asked in both interviews. I got a call back the next day inviting me to a 2nd round interview.

The 2nd round interview was at the office. It was only 1 interview, but mostly was a conversation about the position. It is a pretty easy process as long as you know your skills and express them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

Received an offer to interview through the career website at school. Went in for the on campus interviews and had 2 behavioral. Invited for an office visit which consisted of a discussion, not really a true interview, and a lot of presentations about the firm. Rather easy and laid back. Was surprised there was no technical interview as every other company I worked for had one. Seemed more focused on whether you would "be fun" to work with rather than your skill level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Not school, not background, but you. What makes you you?   Answer Question

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

No technical interview. The entire interview process is behavior based. Its a consulting company, so they want people that will perform well in front of clients.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. Just try to be as cool as you possibly can.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The interviews were easy, they need to hire competent people and will ask you to describe skills, experiences, projects, etc. Know your game and you will get through it. I knew more than the technical interviewers, so was actually fun. Background check was extremely thorough, any skeletons in the closet will be found if you aren't professional.

Interview Questions

• My interview was so easy, there was not a difficult or unexpected question although the onsite interview took a full day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, they had a range with a limit, I asked for the limit and got it.

Winter Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

On campus interview was two half hour interviewers. Asked really bizarre questions and my interviewer tried to write down everything I was saying. I kind of got turned off by that and started spewing out STAR because I think she was required to write in that format. Got a call a few hours later that invited me to second round. Office visit was 8:30-3pm but I only had one interview with a person that started a few months ago. Some people interviewed with partners and managers but for some reason I didn't. The day started with a presentation for a couple of hours then one interview then lunch then office tour then panel discussion. It was way too long and everyone was way too tired (maybe it was due to the large lunch). Got an offer a couple hours later. Really nice people but the interview process was odd compared to big 4.

Interview Questions

• In second round interview, they asked me to rate my excel, word, powerpoint, and access on a scale from 1-5.. really now?   Answer Question

I have another big 4 offer. Offer was very competitive.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

Business Valuations - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

You will be screened through a phone interview at first. If you are selected for a 2nd round, you will have a 3 hour face to face interview with with various people in the group. You will likely see an MD, Director, Manager & Senior Associate. Most likely you will have 2 or 3 people at a time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question