Crowe Horwath

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2010.

Interview Details – From the start they are very friendly and helpful in terms of any questions you would have. Interviews are very easy and center around your standard behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you lead a group of people.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Audit Intern Interview

IT Audit Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round was two 1:1 behavioral interviews. I interviewed with a senior manager and the campus recruiter. It was very simple and some of the questions were asked in both interviews. I got a call back the next day inviting me to a 2nd round interview.

The 2nd round interview was at the office. It was only 1 interview, but mostly was a conversation about the position. It is a pretty easy process as long as you know your skills and express them.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern
Oak Brook, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in July 2010.

Interview Details – Received an offer to interview through the career website at school. Went in for the on campus interviews and had 2 behavioral. Invited for an office visit which consisted of a discussion, not really a true interview, and a lot of presentations about the firm. Rather easy and laid back. Was surprised there was no technical interview as every other company I worked for had one. Seemed more focused on whether you would "be fun" to work with rather than your skill level.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Not school, not background, but you. What makes you you?   Answer Question

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Software Developer/Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in December 2011.

Interview Details – No technical interview. The entire interview process is behavior based. Its a consulting company, so they want people that will perform well in front of clients.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. Just try to be as cool as you possibly can.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interviews were easy, they need to hire competent people and will ask you to describe skills, experiences, projects, etc. Know your game and you will get through it. I knew more than the technical interviewers, so was actually fun. Background check was extremely thorough, any skeletons in the closet will be found if you aren't professional.

Interview Question – My interview was so easy, there was not a difficult or unexpected question although the onsite interview took a full day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, they had a range with a limit, I asked for the limit and got it.

Winter Audit Internship Interview

Winter Audit Internship
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in March 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview was two half hour interviewers. Asked really bizarre questions and my interviewer tried to write down everything I was saying. I kind of got turned off by that and started spewing out STAR because I think she was required to write in that format. Got a call a few hours later that invited me to second round. Office visit was 8:30-3pm but I only had one interview with a person that started a few months ago. Some people interviewed with partners and managers but for some reason I didn't. The day started with a presentation for a couple of hours then one interview then lunch then office tour then panel discussion. It was way too long and everyone was way too tired (maybe it was due to the large lunch). Got an offer a couple hours later. Really nice people but the interview process was odd compared to big 4.

Interview Question – In second round interview, they asked me to rate my excel, word, powerpoint, and access on a scale from 1-5.. really now?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have another big 4 offer. Offer was very competitive.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Question – They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on our campus, received a call from the director the next day and was offered a position. She told me that I would be a great fit and that I would work in the oak brook office. The Partners were friendly and seemed like really good people. I am naturally a good interviewer so I did not have any problems. If you are shy or not so good, speak up, think through your answers and you will rock. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you questioned a authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Technically I have yet to accept it but I am pretty sure I am going to accept. Not negotiating, I know how much friends were offered by the firm, I am happy if I am offered what they were offered.

Business Valuations - Associate Interview

Business Valuations - Associate
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in June 2011.

Interview Details – You will be screened through a phone interview at first. If you are selected for a 2nd round, you will have a 3 hour face to face interview with with various people in the group. You will likely see an MD, Director, Manager & Senior Associate. Most likely you will have 2 or 3 people at a time.

Interview Question – Explain how discounted cash flow works   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Accounting/Financial Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Question – Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crowe Horwath interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Crowe Horwath employees and interview candidates.