Crowe Horwath

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Applied through campus, took about a month. Everyone is friendly and seem to just genuinly want to know you. Be prepared because its two interviews back to back. The senior manager seems to just want to have a conversation while the partner will go through your resume.

Interview Questions
  • The senior manager will make the whole interview conversation based. be ready for that !   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Crowe Horwath

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Two interviews, back to back. First interview was more of a go through resume and behavioral. Second was more conversational.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2013.

The process was through my University's OCR process. Each one of us interviewed with a partner and senior manager on campus for 30 minutes a piece. Each had different approach to their interviews. The partner was more technical and specific while the senior manager wanted to get more of a feel of your personality and how your brain clicks. It was formal vs informal to say it best. It was actually not stressful at all. This was for the NYC office, so I'm not sure how other offices administer their OCR process. 2 weeks later we got called in for an official office visit where we had a very informal interview with a partner and then had lunch. There wasn't anything intense or intimidating about the whole process. They really try to sell themselves as a contrast to the Big 4.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything that stood out as difficult, but a question that surprised me was, "What makes you different from each one of your classmates?" I had a good answer as I have lots of experience in many different fields, but it wasn't something that I expected   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2013.

I applied through my university's Careerlink and had a behavioral interview with one of the partners, which was cool. A couple of days later they invited me to their office in Chicago for another day of interviews. Most of them were behavioral interviews, wasn't too bad. When everyone was in Chicago, we all stayed at the Palmer House paid for, so that was generous of them.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could hang an accomplishment on a medal in your room, what would it be and why?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Meet them at a career fair and was contacted by the recruitment office

Intern Interview

Communication with recruiter was very pleasant and prompt. Interview was not nerve-racking at all and I felt like it was more of a discussion with the partner. I had a great impression of the office environment. I received an answer within a few days of my interview. Staff at the firm were welcoming and open to answering any questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2012.

2 interviews, thought everyone was passionate about what they do and I thought they did a great job of selling the firm. Most important thing is to be able to explain why you want to work for them as opposed to big 4.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in November 2011.

The two people I interviewed with were really nice and willing to answer any questions I had about Crowe. I initially applied online and received a call from a recruiter a few days later to schedule an interview. It consisted of two 1:1 interviews where they asked mostly behavioral type questions.. "Tell me a time when..." If you're confident in your answers, and know how to tie in different situations into your answers you'll do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to make a difficult decision... How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a superior did not see eye to eye on a particular issue...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2010.

The university I attended had a Pre-Recruiting process in place which is where I meet the firm, talked with a couple of employees and passed on my resume. From this process I got an on campus interview. The interview consisted of 2, 1-on-1 interviews with managers at the firm. They asked some personality questions, some scenario/behavioral based questions but overall it seemed like they just wanted to get to know you. I balance between professionalism as well as more relaxed conversation but each person is different just like each firm is different. You really want to be as much like a professional "yourself" as you can. If you are fake the entire time and they cannot tell, then you may end up with a firm you don't even like. Not everyone is right for every firm, you really need to find a firm that fits well with you and you with them.
    After the on-campus interview I had a technical phone interview regarding computer applications I have used in the past.
    My perceptions of the people are great so far! It is a large firm with great talent so you will be expected to work efficient and hard. The people are great and fit very well with my personality. The office in Grand Rapids is excellent, right down town with plenty or things to do after work. Busy season is busy season, you work a lot.
    Hope this helps!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? OR Why is Crowe your #1? Then when I answered the interviewer asked, well don't you tell that to all the firms you interview with?   View Answer
    As an intern, larger firms tend to pay the same basic amount, so there is really not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in July 2010.

Received an offer to interview through the career website at school. Went in for the on campus interviews and had 2 behavioral. Invited for an office visit which consisted of a discussion, not really a true interview, and a lot of presentations about the firm. Rather easy and laid back. Was surprised there was no technical interview as every other company I worked for had one. Seemed more focused on whether you would "be fun" to work with rather than your skill level.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Not school, not background, but you. What makes you you?   Answer Question