Crowe Horwath Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through campus job board. Before the first interview, there was a social night, where you could have a chance to talk with the interviewers. They were the directors in each departments and they were very happy to get you to know more about Crowe. The first interview was a back-to-back interview, 30 mins for each. One is basically behavioral questions and the other one is technical questions. Three weeks later, an one and half day company visit with a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's the risk if the company decided to give all its employers a tablet and a smartphone?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Applied through campus, took about a month. Everyone is friendly and seem to just genuinly want to know you. Be prepared because its two interviews back to back. The senior manager seems to just want to have a conversation while the partner will go through your resume.

Interview Questions
    • The senior manager will make the whole interview conversation based. be ready for that !   Answer Question

Regulatory Consultant Interview

Applied through a school career fair. Was contacted 2 weeks later saying I had been selected for an on-campus interview. Attended a pre-interview dinner the night before where there was an opportunity to mingle, meet your interviewers, and also a short presentation. The interview was the following day and was an hour long, back to back with 2 partners. They played "good cop, bad cop" as there was one interviewer that asked behavioral questions and filled out a form and another that just talked to you about your resume, questions you had, and was much more conversational. Overall, easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you were in a group that was successful and what do you think made it successful?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about consulting and risk management?   Answer Question

Regulatory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2014.

Very behavioral. "Tell me about a time when..." Question topics ranged from a difficult group project experience, dealing with those who have different personalities than you, a time when you were innovative, etc...

Business Risk Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2014.

Applied through campus career fair. A few weeks later I had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. The first one was a behavioral interview with a senior manager. The second interview was just a conversation with a partner. Very laid back. Also had a social the night before the interview at a bar.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to communicate complex information. How'd it go? How'd you approach it.   Answer Question

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Contact with recruiter, which will put you in touch with local partners and managers to continue the process. I believe this process is not unlike any other public accounting firms of similar size

Interview Questions
    • very informal process, meeting with partners and managers   Answer Question

IT Risk Auditor Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screen by Human Resources, followed by a technical phone screen by a manager. Then, a half-day onsite series of interviews with four different personnel was scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • During my onsite interview, I was taken to lunch and was asked a number of inappropriate personal questions.   Answer Question

I did not feel comfortable with the personnel I met, and the overall vibe of the company. The Chinese partner I spoke with seemed very pretentious and lacking in depth, while the rest of the interviewers seemed too shallow. Eerie, indeed.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in March 2014.

I was first contacted via email after applying through campus recruiting. I have a phone interview and was then called a second time for the on site interview. The on site interview was two hours long and was conducted by two different levels of management.

Interview Questions
    • There were typical behavioral questions as expected for an accounting job. Then there was casual conversation and time for you to ask questions.   Answer Question

Accounting/Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in March 2014.

Met the recruiter at a career fair on campus. Got a call for a phone interview a month later. Proceeded to final round at the Crowe office in Chicago, for an interview with a manager and a partner. It took a really long time to hear back (about 2-3 weeks after the interview).

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain to me what kind of role you typically play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in February 2014.

Graduated from my college and talked to a recruiter at the career fair. After a couple of weeks, I got an e-mail from an HR representative asking if I wanted to come in for an office visit for a few hours. I was given two interviews (first one formal and structure, second one more informal and conversational) and taken out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you and a coworker or supervisor disagreed on an issue. How did you resolve the disagreement?   Answer Question