Crowe Horwath Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.8

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

I received and e-mail to set up the interview (following an employee referral and review of my resume). I met with several members of the team (Partners to Managers) and engaged in a very nice free-flow conversation about the firms' needs and my qualifications and interests. The logistics were also very easy: all transportation (flight and car service) was arranged and provided by Crowe. The process is on-going to date (so disregard the status of an offer below - glass door requires an answer)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Good conversation environment, met with two partners and had an informal dinner the day before, very nice people so do not be afraid to be yourself in the interviews.

Office visit was also very accommodating, although I think they try and sell the company too much. There are definite perks of Crowe as a growing company but it seems like their work life balance is not very adequate as well as social atmosphere at the firm being limited.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interviewed for an intern position after submitting resume in person at job fair and talking with recruiter; got a call a few days later. As for the interview process, two back to back interviews, first with a manager and the second with senior manager.
    Asked about risk, controls and knowledge of industry, second interview was more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral, a few technical. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in January 2015.

I had one in office interview and met with an audit partner and a senior audit manager. Both were extremely hospitable, but they seemed uninterested in the conversation and were not interested in small talk. This was for the government audit group located in Oak Brook, IL. The Senior Audit Manager attempted to give life advice in regards to public accounting.

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

No curve balls in the interview process. It was very straightforward. There were two rounds of interviews with several interviews in each round. All interviews were mostly behavioral assessing your experiences and whether you would be a good fit. The second round was at the office location. The whole process took about a month.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Met them at career fair, submit my resume. Had an on campus interview with 2 senior managers, back-to-back, 30 mins each. They play good cop bad cop. One goes through your resume, one is more on conversational basis. Just make sure to come up with a lot of questions cause they expect you to have questions. Got invited to a prenight event at Top Golf Dallas, which was very nice. They divide you up in groups of 6, 3 candidates, 3 staffs are in each group. The office visit cool, they held a panel discussion, you have chances to ask questions. Then they interview you, similar to on campus interview, 2 30 mins interviews back-to-back. Office tour, presentations, and then took you out for lunch( they also offer breakfast too btw). Gave each candidate a bag of gift, with cupcakes, a mug, and also a Starbucks gift card. Overall very nice office visit, they give out a positive vibe.

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in November 2014.

Applied through the university portal--first submitted resume, then got invited for an on-campus interview. Consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one with the campus recruiter and one with someone from the tax department of the company. Both went very smoothly. It was very nice and pleasant talking to them both, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. It was purely behavioral, so many questions about leadership activities, on-campus involvement, why this field (tax, in my case), why this company, etc. Thoroughly research the company and come up with smart questions to ask at the end. Also try to come up with basic answers to common behavioral questions beforehand, and try to make your answers be unique so you stand out in the process.

Was later invited for an office visit, but I got an offer before even going to the office.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you were forced to change your style of communication to suit someone else, and what did you learn out of the experience? (Along these lines)   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Pre-night event at a bar near campus. First round = back-to-back interviews with 2 people. Pretty chill. All behavioural questions. Heard back in around 1.5 weeks with an invitation for office visit.

Audit Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Had an initial phone interview, an on-campus interview with two people, then a final phone interview. One of the on-campus interviews was behavioral-based but other than that it was very conversational. After I received an offer I had an office visit and had a great time learning about the firm and the people I would be working with.

IT Consultant Interview

I applied through campus job board. Before the first interview, there was a social night, where you could have a chance to talk with the interviewers. They were the directors in each departments and they were very happy to get you to know more about Crowe. The first interview was a back-to-back interview, 30 mins for each. One is basically behavioral questions and the other one is technical questions. Three weeks later, an one and half day company visit with a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's the risk if the company decided to give all its employers a tablet and a smartphone?   Answer Question