Crowe Horwath Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Healthcare Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

My in-office interview was conducted by two people- a campus recruiter and a senior manager within that business unit. It was overall very relaxed and more about discussing my experiences rather than quizzing me. Both interviews were about 30 minutes in length. There was not a whole lot of note taking on the interviewers part, which put me more at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't agree with the rest of your team and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an email asking if I wanted to interview with them on-campus. Two back-to-back interviews, one with one of the Audit staff, and another with one of the HR. First one was basically going over the resume and the second one was more of a conversational interview. Both went pretty well, and I got an email a week later asking to do an office visit + pre-night event. Pre-night event was fun, did a scavenger hunt and ate dinner at a fancy restaurant. Next day we had another back-to-back interview, one with a partner, one with a director, both went pretty well again. There was also a panel session where we could ask questions and a presentation in the middle. In about a week, I got a phone call telling me I got an offer, fast response, love the culture and the environment.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you out of all the candidates? Why Crowe? Why Tax?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted without applying for the internship position based on my resume I had posted. There were two back to back interviews at my college campus. My first interviewer said that they had placed me in the wrong position and matched me up with a different interviewer for the second round. Both interviews were standard personality questions and a few questions asking us to define terms related to the position. I was invited to the second round of interviews and an office visit a month later. They treated us well, took us out for nice dinners and put us up in a hotel. However, I was still matched with the incorrect position. As a result I was interviewed by two additional people in the wrong department. They then announced that they would let us know if we got it next week, but no later than two weeks. 15 business days passed and I still had not heard from the HR. I emailed the representative who had told us she would call within 2 weeks, but she never responded. The fourth week after the last interview I received a generic email from firm-wide recruiting saying I had been denied. Luckily, I gave up on this company after my emails went ignored and had already accepted another offer. I am truly surprised that a firm that spent so much time differentiating themselves based on how they treat their employees, in addition to the time and money treating the potential hires really well, would handle rejecting an employee by ignoring them and sending them the results of the interview two weeks after they had promised. I surely hope that my case, between placing me with the wrong interviewers and not responding to emails, was just an unfortunate fluke in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced problems in a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2015.

Interview

First phone screen with the HR. Scheduled office interview with a partner and a senior manager for 50 minutes to 55 minutes each. It was a great conversation as oppose to hard core traditional interview. Both of them very friendly, very humble and very smart.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell me about yourself. 2.What do you know about Crowe? 3.Why should we hire you? They did not ask any behavioral questions at all!!   Answer Question

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (North Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with team members on separate calls. It eventually lead to a 3-hour on-site interview. On-site interview was broken into 30 minute meetings or calls with potential co-workers and superiors. Most of the questions and interactions were behavioral and had little to do with technical or skills. Overall everyone was very nice and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working with a team that exists in several different states (interacting over IM or screen sharing)?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had the best experience ever. The interview was too easy and open for any discussion. It was two audit partners who spoke to me. I have heard the similar experience from another friend if mine too. They asked mostly behavioral questions and went over my resume. Prepare stories about leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you had to change your leadership approach to meet your subordinates' motivational needs.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and had my first interview on campus. It was pretty straightforward. They were very concerned with when you could sit for the CPA and made it a point that you had to have it to work for them. I plan on taking it so that was not an issue. I interviewed with a partner who was very nice. The interview was mostly just going over my resume step by step. Not very many behavioral questions. Overall an easy interview, but hard to tell how it went.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview

I received and e-mail to set up the interview (following an employee referral and review of my resume). I met with several members of the team (Partners to Managers) and engaged in a very nice free-flow conversation about the firms' needs and my qualifications and interests. The logistics were also very easy: all transportation (flight and car service) was arranged and provided by Crowe. The process is on-going to date (so disregard the status of an offer below - glass door requires an answer)

Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, quick one on one interviews with 2 managers. Followed later by an office visit. The visit included a group activity the night before which included a scavenger hunt through downtown Dallas. The day of the visit was enjoyable with breakfast and lunch included. They gave a panel interview as well as a tour and one on one interviews. Tax, Audit and risk candidates were all in attendance.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview

Good conversation environment, met with two partners and had an informal dinner the day before, very nice people so do not be afraid to be yourself in the interviews. Office visit was also very accommodating, although I think they try and sell the company too much. There are definite perks of Crowe as a growing company but it seems like their work life balance is not very adequate as well as social atmosphere at the firm being limited.