Crowe Horwath

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college. Got chance for on campus interview. Two 30 minutes interviews back to back. The questions are entirely behavior based questions

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Accounting Internship Interview

Accounting Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details – The recruitment process was that similar to one of the big four accounting firms. They provided a meet and greet event the day before the interview to get to know the employees a little. I met the firm at an event held at my university and I love everyone that I met with. I was then invited to an interview, which included a meet and greet the day before.

Interview Question – I didn't think that they asked anything that was particularly difficult. Just your average interview questions while trying to remain personable.   Answer Question

Accounting/Audit Interview

Accounting/Audit

Interviewed at Crowe Horwath

Interview Details – Very quick and painless.

Interview Question – Situation where you handled a problematic client   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2009.

Interview Details – Campus interview through a career fair, behavioral interview was the norm with them, but have since changed to more casual process, typically done by a manager or sr. manager and only got to meet the partner at the office visit, the process was slow and I had to hold off a few other offers since this was the job I wanted.

Interview Question – Give my an example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to somebody.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, it was my first job

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interviews were easy, they need to hire competent people and will ask you to describe skills, experiences, projects, etc. Know your game and you will get through it. I knew more than the technical interviewers, so was actually fun. Background check was extremely thorough, any skeletons in the closet will be found if you aren't professional.

Interview Question – My interview was so easy, there was not a difficult or unexpected question although the onsite interview took a full day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, they had a range with a limit, I asked for the limit and got it.

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Software Developer/Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in December 2011.

Interview Details – No technical interview. The entire interview process is behavior based. Its a consulting company, so they want people that will perform well in front of clients.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. Just try to be as cool as you possibly can.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two 30 minute behavioral interviews. "Describe a time when you did xyz" "Describe a time when you had to deal with a time challenge" "Describe a time when you had to work in a team" Interviewers were an HR person and an actual manager for the position I was interviewing for

Interview Question – They were all pretty much the same level of difficulty, all the "Describe a time when ... " quesitons   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Summer Leadership Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through university career services website, was selected for phone interview, phone interview was about 30 minutes. Typical behavioral questions...tell me about a time you've had to work with a team, tell me about a time you didn't do what was expected of you, strength/weakness...overall pretty easy.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in February 2012.

Interview Details – Obtained interview through informational interview with Partners.

Interview Question – Why do you enjoy Auditing?   View Answer

Summer Leadership Interview

Summer Leadership
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school website. Received an email tell about that I would get a phone interview. Asked questions like: Tell me about yourself. Why you choose accounting etc. Some behavioral questions as well. Not stressful so don't need to be nervous. Make sure to print out your resume and take it with you when you have the interview. They asked a lot of questions based on your resume.

Interview Question – Why you choose your school   Answer Question