Crowe Horwath

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had two half- an-hour on campus interviews first. The senior manager and manager were impressed by me and offered me a second round interview. The second round was a phone interview, a manager called me and asked several behavioral questions.

Interview Question – If you can bring five assets to the company, what would that be.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details – Met the company at Meet the Firms through university and was contacted for an interview. Interview lasted for 1 hour, 30 mins with manager, 30 mins with partner. All questions asked were behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How would others describe you, your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2012.

Interview Details – Go to all on campus events. Learn about the company. Ask questions about things NOT on their website. Only proceed if you are genuinely interested. Email the recruiter, managers, etc that you spoke with and express your interest.

Get invited to 1st round interview (on campus). Questions are about teamwork, team conflicts, why you chose auditing, why you chose your school, etc.. This is where genuine interest comes in. Next question .. why Crowe?

2nd round interview is at the firm. Have not had that yet. Find out next week.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your team members and you did not see eye to eye, disagreed, etc ... and hw did you resolve it or come to a resolution?   View Answer

Risk Consultant Interview

Risk Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty easy. It consisted of 2 phone interviews that were about an hour each. Both people i talked to were very friendly and easy to talk to. Questions were pretty straight forward. Pretty much the entire interview was behavioral and the rest was normal conversation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time people were relying on you and things did not go as planned. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2008.

Interview Details – 2 behavioral based interviews (tell a time when...). Office visit, which is an interview in disguise. Met with a manager, several associates, and a partner.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you disagreed with team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, thought everyone was passionate about what they do and I thought they did a great job of selling the firm. Most important thing is to be able to explain why you want to work for them as opposed to big 4.

Interview Questions

Tax Staff Interview

Tax Staff
Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of interviewing with an audit manager for about 45 minutes. The questions were all behavioral example questions. Then I interviewed with another manager for about 45 minutes with the same type questions. It was not too bad at all. All you have to do is provide real life examples to the questions and you will be fine

Interview Question – Give me an example where you had to make a difficult decision which positively effected an outcome either in school or the workplace?   Answer Question

Oak Brook, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in July 2010.

Interview Details – Received an offer to interview through the career website at school. Went in for the on campus interviews and had 2 behavioral. Invited for an office visit which consisted of a discussion, not really a true interview, and a lot of presentations about the firm. Rather easy and laid back. Was surprised there was no technical interview as every other company I worked for had one. Seemed more focused on whether you would "be fun" to work with rather than your skill level.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Not school, not background, but you. What makes you you?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Grand Rapids, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in August 2010.

Interview Details – I first got a call from one of the HR reps and they asked several questions about me, just to see if I would be a good fit for the company. After that was completed, I was set up with a phone interview with a Senior Manager within the company. The questions basically revolved around my experience and items I included on my resume, nothing too difficult. I ended up interviewing with two additional Senior Manager's via the phone. The structure was similar throughout for the phone interviews. However, one takeaway is that be cognizant of everything that the interviewer says, one of the interviewers exaggerated the perks associated with the job. The last interview I sat through I had to go to the office and I had a "personality" interview with a Senior Manager that I already interview with. I then sat with a Partner for one hour and then another Partner for another hour. Similar to the phone interviews, there wasn't much structure outside of discussing my experience and resume and such. I got a phone call one week later offering me the job.

Interview Question – What is an emerging trend in the industry and what can we do to best position ourselves to capture the market share.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have a chance to negotiate, but I probably should have. The offer was sent in a letter which didn't leave much room for negotiation. Although, I could have when they offered me the job via the phone, but I was on vacation and just excited to get it.

South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in November 2011.

Interview Details – The two people I interviewed with were really nice and willing to answer any questions I had about Crowe. I initially applied online and received a call from a recruiter a few days later to schedule an interview. It consisted of two 1:1 interviews where they asked mostly behavioral type questions.. "Tell me a time when..." If you're confident in your answers, and know how to tie in different situations into your answers you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to make a difficult decision... How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you and a superior did not see eye to eye on a particular issue...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crowe Horwath