Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through campus, took about a month. Everyone is friendly and seem to just genuinly want to know you. Be prepared because its two interviews back to back. The senior manager seems to just want to have a conversation while the partner will go through your resume.

Interview Questions

• The senior manager will make the whole interview conversation based. be ready for that !   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was through my University's OCR process. Each one of us interviewed with a partner and senior manager on campus for 30 minutes a piece. Each had different approach to their interviews. The partner was more technical and specific while the senior manager wanted to get more of a feel of your personality and how your brain clicks. It was formal vs informal to say it best. It was actually not stressful at all. This was for the NYC office, so I'm not sure how other offices administer their OCR process. 2 weeks later we got called in for an official office visit where we had a very informal interview with a partner and then had lunch. There wasn't anything intense or intimidating about the whole process. They really try to sell themselves as a contrast to the Big 4.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything that stood out as difficult, but a question that surprised me was, "What makes you different from each one of your classmates?" I had a good answer as I have lots of experience in many different fields, but it wasn't something that I expected   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through email, answered a few simple questions, then had a phone interview about a week later. They flew me in from Syracuse which was nice. The 2 people who were suppose to interview me didn't show up though, not a big deal but overall they just asked me questions like "name a time when you faced a difficult problem and how you overcame it" but like in 3 different ways you could say. Nothing too crazy.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, nothing too unexpected for the intern audit position.   Answer Question

Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview for master's students. The interviewer was a team lead consultant. Most questions were pretty much standard like behavioral.

Interview Questions

• While most of questions were behavioral, one question was about how I would fit into the role of the actual job.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Go to all on campus events. Learn about the company. Ask questions about things NOT on their website. Only proceed if you are genuinely interested. Email the recruiter, managers, etc that you spoke with and express your interest. Get invited to 1st round interview (on campus). Questions are about teamwork, team conflicts, why you chose auditing, why you chose your school, etc.. This is where genuine interest comes in. Next question .. why Crowe? 2nd round interview is at the firm. Have not had that yet. Find out next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team members and you did not see eye to eye, disagreed, etc ... and hw did you resolve it or come to a resolution?   1 Answer

Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It consisted of 2 phone interviews that were about an hour each. Both people i talked to were very friendly and easy to talk to. Questions were pretty straight forward. Pretty much the entire interview was behavioral and the rest was normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time people were relying on you and things did not go as planned. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Livingston, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a first round interview on campus. It was an hour long- two different 1-on-1 interviews with partners or managers. Entirely behavioral so have plenty of stories ready. I must have impressed them somehow because I was invited to the second (and final) round. It included a networking event, which was kinda fun but very loud and kind of unorganized. Realized then that they mostly hire from small, private colleges. Kind of incestuous acutally. Many of them had friends or relatives that were staff members. The office visit was pretty nice. They did two presentations about what a great place Crowe is, and then took us out to lunch. By the time we came back, we had an hour left. 20 minutes was an interview, then 20 with the staff and 20 with in-charges. The second interview was rating my skills with Excel, Word and such. Really? Not what I was expecting. Didn't get an offer, but I'm not heartbroken. Their culture wasn't really for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you conducted research for a project, and how you applied it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with financial institutions?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a project where you used Excel?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crowe Horwath (Livingston, NJ) in October 2009.

Interview

Asked alot of behavioral types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you prevented a mistake from happening?   Answer Question