Crowe Horwath Interview Questions in South Bend, IN

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (South Bend, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

It was set up through my universities undergraduate career services office and there was a pre interview night which was pretty casual. There was food and they let you know which two people were going to be interviewing so you could go and possibly talk to them if they were there. There was a bunch people from different offices and business units. It was pretty casual. The interview was two 30 minutes interviews. The first interviewer asked pretty much the basic interview questions. I think she had a list with questions and she just read them straight off so basically just what are your strengths, weaknesses, how do you work with groups, basic interview questions. Then my next interviewer was senior audit manager or something along those lines it was a much more meaningful interview. He seemed like he was actually interested in my answers and not just going through the motions. We had a good talk it was a lot of behavioral questions and tell me about a time type of questions. After the interview which was earlier in the week he called me on Friday and told me that I was going to get invited to the second round interview at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to explain something complicated to someone with no knowledge of the subject?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (South Bend, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

Tax people are very nice. A lot of Big 4 transplants but lack of consistency in answering how practice functions. Not a very polished recruiting process which I found to be a bit disjointed including last minute changes to meeting time. I had a phone interview then an office visit and was told onsite that an offer would be forthcoming. Heard nothing. Followed-up with recruiting and tax people and still heard nothing. That week I accepted an offer with another firm. More than 3 weeks after my office interview I got a call saying they were going to make me an offer. I explained that I accepted another offer and was told that they wished I had told them I was interviewing elsewhere. Huh?

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with banks, insurance?   1 Answer

I accepted another offer. While the people were nice enough. I was not impressed on site. The firm has a very professional and polished website, but the client work described and the image projected during interview process was not as equally impressive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (South Bend, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

The two people I interviewed with were really nice and willing to answer any questions I had about Crowe. I initially applied online and received a call from a recruiter a few days later to schedule an interview. It consisted of two 1:1 interviews where they asked mostly behavioral type questions.. "Tell me a time when..." If you're confident in your answers, and know how to tie in different situations into your answers you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to make a difficult decision... How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a superior did not see eye to eye on a particular issue...   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (South Bend, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

I had an ininitial interview with Crowe consisting entirely of behavorial interviews. The questions are among the hardest, most complex I've had in any interview. Be prepared to answer very detailed behavioral questions that ask you for specific details and applications. The interviewers were extremely courteous and even helped when I struggled to make certain connections. I was not too impressed by how I did at the interview but still was offered an office visit, scheduled in a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• Took about a situation in which you were part of a group working on a task and had to consider conflicting ideas from various group members.   Answer Question

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Crowe Horwath (South Bend, IN) in October 2009.

Interview

Very streamlined and to the point. 1 on 1 interview on campus, then a office visit. The interview was pretty basic with most of the typical questions. the pre-night event was also a good experience. A good ratio to employees to interviewees. A lot of good insight into the company was discovered when talking in this casual setting. The interview was then the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when.... Almost all questions are formed this way.   Answer Question