Crowe Horwath Staff Auditor Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Crowe Horwath.

A very outgoing company, good fit and a combination of big 4 and local firms. Try to connect with someone you already know. It helps to get your name out there.

Interview Questions
  • General interview questions but very difficult to convince them with a common answer. Make sure to prepare something outstanding in your response about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Crowe Horwath

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2008.

2 behavioral based interviews (tell a time when...). Office visit, which is an interview in disguise. Met with a manager, several associates, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you disagreed with team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livingston, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2011.

I had a first round interview on campus. It was an hour long- two different 1-on-1 interviews with partners or managers. Entirely behavioral so have plenty of stories ready.
    I must have impressed them somehow because I was invited to the second (and final) round. It included a networking event, which was kinda fun but very loud and kind of unorganized. Realized then that they mostly hire from small, private colleges. Kind of incestuous acutally. Many of them had friends or relatives that were staff members.
    The office visit was pretty nice. They did two presentations about what a great place Crowe is, and then took us out to lunch. By the time we came back, we had an hour left. 20 minutes was an interview, then 20 with the staff and 20 with in-charges. The second interview was rating my skills with Excel, Word and such. Really? Not what I was expecting.
    Didn't get an offer, but I'm not heartbroken. Their culture wasn't really for me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you conducted research for a project, and how you applied it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with financial institutions?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a project where you used Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2010.

Pretty standard 1 on 1 interview. I talked with 1 interviewer for about 30 minutes while another candidate talks with the other. At the 30 minute mark, we switched and continued on for about another 30 minutes. Questions consisted of mostly behavioral and fit questions. They are pretty in depth with these questions as they have a list which they follow to a tee. The hardest part about this interview is having to go back-to-back with two different interviewers, one of which you may not click with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in October 2010.

At the UCSO in Bloomington at IU, there is a resume drop deadline. In the mean time the Beta Alpha Psi career fair occurs and everyone goes around and speaks to firms. After bidding you get a pref list report if you have been listed you then bid. After bidding closes you will get an email of which interviews you have gotten. This email will contain the details of what to do for your interview on campus.

Staff Auditor Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crowe Horwath in May 2007.

I was interviewed 3 times before I joined the staff. Once in college, once for an internship, then once again for a full-time position. Each time I met with about 3 different people and the overall interview times averaged about 2.5 hours. They consisted of the "typical" interview questions such as - "are you a team player", "tell me a time when you used your analytical skills outside of work/school", etc....typical interview questions..nothing special. They just took the interviews to an almost overkill level of questioning and discussion. Overall, it was pretty simple, nothing too in-depth, just an overkill as I mentioned before.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time you overcame a difficult challenge in your life ?"   View Answer

Worked for Crowe Horwath? Contribute to the Community!