Crowley Maritime

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crowley Maritime.

Interview Details – Initial interview with placement agency was not helpful. Next interview with Crowley personnel was excellent; well prepared and focused on requirements and how they should be met.

Interview Question – Focused on how to achieve results in operational development. If you are prepared, questions are easily addressed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another position was better suited to my abilities and interests.

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crowley Maritime in October 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, a 1:1 with the hiring manager, a 1:1 with 3 other company managers, another 1:1 with the hiring manager, a presentation to 10 peers, skills testing, background check, drug test, and 1 last 1:1 with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – No questions were outside of what would have been expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate vacation time or professional development opportunities. I was able to negotiate $5000 above my base salary expectation for the role. They made an initial offer. I made a counter offer. Then they made a counter offered that and I accepted. They provided the offer in writting.

Customer Care Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crowley Maritime in July 2010.

Interview Details – Simple phone call to come in. Interviewed by HR and Manager in charge. Simple get to know you questions and a test consist of Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none

IT Audit Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Crowley Maritime in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, corporate recruiter emailed me, we set up a date for the phone interview. I thought it went well he didn't ask me anything that stumped me it was a lively conversation. He said he would pass on his notes to the hiring manager, guess the hiring manager didn't the notes.

Interview Question – How would you conduct a business process audit?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crowley Maritime in July 2008.

Interview Details – It began with a phone interview with HR to discuss my experience. Than it was an interview with my manager to discuss the job and my duties

Interview Question – There wasn't anything too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Crowley Maritime? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crowley Maritime interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Crowley Maritime employees and interview candidates.