Crown Castle International

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

2.9

Regulatory Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crown Castle International.

Interviews are small panel interviews. Very open and easy. No complicated psychological questions. Questions revolved around the job responsibilities and personal skills. Office environment is open and friendly. Company places extreme emphasis on individuals fitting into the company culture easily.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating was done by contract company.

CAD Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crown Castle International in January 2015.

Submitted Resume - was scheduled for a phone interview within a week, which led to a first round Panel interview with the hiring manager and a supervisor. I was called back for a second interview with the director of the department and HR one week later. Whole process took 2 months, but only due to an initial delay because of the holidays. Nothing out of the ordinary, I was well-prepared. I was not offered the position applied for, however I was offered a different position that was a better fit for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a conflict you were unable to resolve? what steps did you take to resolve it?   Answer Question

Temporary Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Crown Castle International in December 2014.

I got my interview through a staffing agency that works primarily with CCI (Kore Resources). They sent my resume over and within a week I received a phone call from them to schedule the meeting, giving multiple time slots to choose from.

The interview was held in a downstairs conference room to the side of the recreation area. I noted that it was clear the company wants employees to enjoy themselves as I saw ping-pong tables and heard people playing throughout the interview.

I was seated in the conference room before the interviewers arrived which gave me time to orientate myself and prepare, which I appreciated.

The interview was a panel-style interview consisting of three gentlemen: the supervisor for the department and two of his subordinates. I was given the information ahead of time for who I would be interviewing with, but unfortunately the participants changed last minute so that information wasn't very helpful.

They were dressed in business-casual attire, no jackets, and came with their own copies of my resume which they had each reviewed ahead of time. Each gentleman was considerate and friendly and made me feel comfortable.

The majority of the interview consisted of friendly chatter about recent travel and short personal stories. At one point, the supervisor noted that I included a study of French on my resume. What are the odds that my interviewer was a native French speaking gentleman from Quebec? Apparently pretty high this day. He did point it out, and when I informed him that my study had fallen out of use since school ended he playfully asked me, in French : "Would you like to continue the remainder of the interview in French?" to which I could only reply "Non, s'il vous plait!" Which got a good laugh.

This actually was in my benefit as it is something he remembered about the interview. Later, when I sent my thank-you email I signed if off with "Bien Cordialement" to remind him of that moment.

There was a portion of the interview which comprised of questions developed by the HR department. These were more standard questions that you get at most interviews: "Tell me about a time when _______ happened. How did you deal with it?"

I then ended the interview by asking the panel if they had any constructive criticism for me on my interview performance. This came as a surprise to the supervisor who had never had anyone ask anything like that before (which is exactly why I ask that question!).

Over all the interview was relaxed and enjoyable. The panel mentioned multiple times that they are more concerned with finding the right person for the company than the technical knowledge. So I focused on being personable and easy to talk to.

Entire interview time: 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • Would you like to continue the remainder of the interview in French?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crown Castle International.

I was contacted by a recruiter who interviewed me over the phone and then scheduled me for an interview and told me it would be a week before she would know if the District Manager was interested in interviewing me. The recruiter called back within minutes and scheduled me for a phone interview within the same week. The interview went really well.
    I was told that a decision would be made within 2-3 weeks and to look forward to a call. I never received a call, I placed follow up calls, and sent an email to both the recruiter and the District Manager and never received a response.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult, or technical. The interview flowed like a good conversation.   Answer Question

Quality Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crown Castle International.

Applied online, HR representative -phone interview, then interview with hiring manager. Pretty basic and standard process. This was an entry level position, so they are looking at your experiences, educational achievements and other points and topic in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinary. My best advice is to be prepared and learn everything you can.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crown Castle International in June 2014.

We spoke about my past experience and who I was as a person. I feel as though they wanted someone that would make a great culture fit and would be willing to train where it was needed. The interview process was phone; in person, with the recruiting firm; Phone with Crown then In person with Crown; Offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions for me. It all flowed very well. It was a perfect interview!   View Answer
    Very easy. I got what I was asking for and

Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Crown Castle International in May 2014.

Very professional process that includes a HR screen, personal interview with the hiring manager and a panel interview. The Human Resources Department and the Management team are obviously very interested in fitting the right person to the right position.

Interview Questions
    • Panel interview can be challenging as you will be asked to relate real life experience stories to various questions.   Answer Question

Temporary Structural Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crown Castle International in April 2014.

The hiring process started when the president/CEO of KORE Resource, Inc., Mr. Curt Upright, recommended me to the Hiring Manager at Crown Castle. At the moment, Crown Castle was looking to higher about 15 engineers for one of their projects. Mr. Upright was my primary contact with Crown Castle.

The interview took place at Crown Castle's HQ in Canonsburg, PA. Their HQ is a very beautiful modern building with a business casual atmosphere.

The interview process was a 1 hour interview with two project managers, Brian Ritenour and Jared Campbell. They followed an interview guideline provided by their human resources department. The guideline contained questions for the managers to use to profile my personality and interest. I was given the option to skip questions and return to them at a later point within the interview. Throughout the interview, apart from the questions, we conversed on a variety of topics that ranged from information about the position to the overall structure of the company and it's services.

Overall, the two project managers who lead the interview, Mr. Brian Ritenour and Mr. Jared Campbell, were very friendly and professional. They were very engaging and would have been a pleasure to work with them.

Interview Questions
    • Please tells of a time when you had a conflict in a group and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tells us of a time when you had an unexpected event interrupt your schedule and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crown Castle International.

phone interview with corp. then a panel interview with scenario questions, conference call with CEO

Tower Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Crown Castle International.

Human Resources was helpful and personable during the introduction and interview process. However, the employees were stiff, robotic and impersonable during the introduction and interview process. The questions were standard behavioral interviewing questions involving unusual scenarios. The employees were obviously reading straight out of an HR Manual when asking these questions. At no point did they try to get to know me by asking about me, my history, my skills, why I want the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you made a poor decision, and what did you or your company do about it? What was the result?   Answer Question