Crown Holdings

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Logistics Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crown Holdings in April 2013.

Interview Details – Received a referral from an ex-co-worker and had an extended phone interview with an HR recruiter who had also worked for a mututal previous employer. The frustrating part was that the posted jobs were very narrow in their scope and the HR representtaive expressed his frustration on the ability of his organization to widen their parameters.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crown Holdings in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone, dinner with his wife... DOA

Interview Question – "Why would you want to work in Crawfordsville, Indiana?"   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Crown Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly straight forward interview.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you disagreed with someone and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Alsip, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Crown Holdings in November 2008.

Interview Details – The people were friendly. I coordinated the interview with the HR manager. The interview was about an hour long and conducted by a panel of three people - HR manager, and 2 technical managers who would be supervising the new hire.

They seemed most interested in asking about the types of things I did at my previous job. They also asked about why I was leaving the other job.

The company seemed to have many technical people working in a number of labs. The job seemed interesting. Employees sit in the center of a large office room at cubicles with very low dividers and minimal privacy. Managers sit in glass walled offices around the wall edges, surrounding the cubicles. Environment seemed friendly and relaxed, for the most part.

Interview Question – What was your ACT score?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not receptive to any salary or benefit negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Administrative Manager Interview

Essex, MD

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Crown Holdings in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the regional manager, HR director, plant manager, 2 department managers and one office clerk. I thought the interview went well even I was grilled by their personal questions regarding my marriage, my plan for kids, my nationality etc.

They checked my background, sent me to drug test and PHYISICAL TEST without offer me the job. I asked the doctor to call them to make sure I was required for the PHYSICAL TEST, because it implied job offer. They told the doctor "yes". However, after another 4 weeks, the plant manager called and told me that they could not hire me …

Interview Questions

Scientist Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Crown Holdings in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was ok. I met with the HR manager and the hiring manager. HR just went through a list of questions and the hiring manager just asked a few questions.

Interview Question – What was your ACT score?   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Crown Holdings in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was straightforward, honest, and relatively short (1 hour).

Interview Question – What did I leave my last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was limited.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Crown Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Crown Holdings interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Crown Holdings employees and interview candidates.