Crumbs Bake Shop Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online , was called in asked a few basic questions about my past customer service experience asked when I'm available to start and got the job filled out paper work the same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing much

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop.

Interview

interview with store manager and district manager, and then a phone interview with recruiter and director of stores. process took awhile as they prefer not to promote from within their own company.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in September 2013.

Interview

Minimal interview- it was less then a 5 min interview with the DM. I felt disrespected by the interviewer like I wasn't worth her time. Ultimately, I got the job, but she wasn't particularly interested in hearing my responses. Most questions are related to customer service and handling conflict.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Crumbs   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated to $44,000 when I asked for $46,00

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop (Salem, NH) in September 2013.

Interview

One interview, and hired by email minutes later. Very unprofessional and I thought it was a scam at first. No background checks nor drug tests were done.

Interview Questions

• 'Where do you want to be in five years?'   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

Interview

I applied to Crumbs on 9/11 and I received an email about a job fair the next week.. I interviewed with them on 9/24 for the Village location at there park avenue south store. That store will be there Gluten Free store which will be opening the first week of Oct, I believe. The interviewer was super friendly, she's always new to the company. She told us about the company and also asked a couple of questions. Its always best to do your research on any company you're interviewing for. It shows them that you're extremely interested and ALWAYS ask questions. I'm still waiting for a call back so I will put No I didnt receive an offer because i'm not so sure yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop (Stamford, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted an interview online and got an email that same day. I had to travel two hours to a store front for an interview. We sat in the cafe area and after about 15 minutes I was offered the job. It was not very strenuous or anything. I was then told I would get info about training but wasn't trained or emailed until the day before the store opened to actually start work despite trying to contact them. Also my car situation was ignored and constantly told that I should make it work even though I was asked to work over 2 hours away from my home or even the store I actually applied to work at.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really comes to mind. I was primarily asked about leadership skills related to my experience as a teaching assistant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered minimum wage for CT because it was my first retail job.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

The application to become a regular hourly associate is actually a bit more time consuming than you'd think. You must first fill out the online application (EVERYTHING is done online - don't call the stores about your resume because they won't have any info to give you... also, it's annoying). This application is a bit of a process as there are many questions to answer. You'll be asked to also submit a cover letter (yes, a cover letter for a part-time retail job) and your resume. After that it's the waiting game unless you know someone who already works for the company and can tell you if they're looking to hire someone immediately or not. You'll get a call from a store manager (maybe the district manager) about setting up a phone interview. You'll do the phone interview (10-15 minutes) and the SM/DM will call you later if they'd like to set up an in-person interview. You'll go in and talk to the DM who will have pretty basic/standard, retail-oriented questions for you. Ask when you can expect to hear back from them at the end of your interview and then you get to play the waiting game a bit more. But you'll probably have a pretty good idea if they are going to hire you when you leave!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Have strengths/weaknesses prepared. They'll ask you what you would do if you saw someone steal from the tip jar, what your biggest pet peeves are when working with others, etc. etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. You start out at what they want you to start at... which will most likely be minimum wage if you're going after a store associate position. If you don't like the number they give you, they'll find someone else who does.

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop (Rockaway, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Individual interview... basic questions about customer service, past jobs, why you would want to work for crumbs, how you handle situations, etc. Don't stress about not knowing anything about Starbucks or cupcakes, all you need is a passion for the stuff, and good retail experience and you should be fine getting the job.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop (Peabody, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a DM from New York. We met at a cafe and just had a normal everyday interview. Afterwards she called her boss and they offered me a job on the spot. Just had to give them a background check and that was that.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a time you went to a retail location and had a really bad experience?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Was excited to interview with Crumbs - this wasn't for a position in the bake shop, but for a position in their corporate office/headquarters. Had a phone interview with HR, then got called in for a face to face interview. Interview went great, I was very qualified for the position, they did a background check, said they definitely wanted me to come back in and meet with the CEO, president, etc. Made it sound very much like I was getting the job. Went in for that interview (mind you, I was taking off all these days as sick days from work) and when I arrived there was only one person there - no warning that the others weren't coming, no explanation of why they weren't there. She seemed annoyed and disinterested, and it was the most awkward interview I have ever had. A week later I got an email saying they didn't know if they were hiring for this position anymore, but they would "definitely keep me updated." Never heard from them again. Completely unprofessional and rude way to treat someone, would never consider working with them again. For such a successful company you think they would have their act together a bit better.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about Crumbs' visual branding and how would you go about implementing it?   Answer Question