Crumbs Bake Shop

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in September 2013.

Interview Details – Minimal interview- it was less then a 5 min interview with the DM. I felt disrespected by the interviewer like I wasn't worth her time. Ultimately, I got the job, but she wasn't particularly interested in hearing my responses. Most questions are related to customer service and handling conflict.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Crumbs   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated to $44,000 when I asked for $46,00

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop.

Interview Details – interview with store manager and district manager, and then a phone interview with recruiter and director of stores. process took awhile as they prefer not to promote from within their own company.

Interview Question – no difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an interview online and got an email that same day. I had to travel two hours to a store front for an interview. We sat in the cafe area and after about 15 minutes I was offered the job. It was not very strenuous or anything. I was then told I would get info about training but wasn't trained or emailed until the day before the store opened to actually start work despite trying to contact them. Also my car situation was ignored and constantly told that I should make it work even though I was asked to work over 2 hours away from my home or even the store I actually applied to work at.

Interview Question – Nothing really comes to mind. I was primarily asked about leadership skills related to my experience as a teaching assistant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered minimum wage for CT because it was my first retail job.

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Salem, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in September 2013.

Interview Details – One interview, and hired by email minutes later. Very unprofessional and I thought it was a scam at first. No background checks nor drug tests were done.

Interview Question – 'Where do you want to be in five years?'   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member

Interview Details – I applied to Crumbs on 9/11 and I received an email about a job fair the next week.. I interviewed with them on 9/24 for the Village location at there park avenue south store. That store will be there Gluten Free store which will be opening the first week of Oct, I believe. The interviewer was super friendly, she's always new to the company. She told us about the company and also asked a couple of questions. Its always best to do your research on any company you're interviewing for. It shows them that you're extremely interested and ALWAYS ask questions. I'm still waiting for a call back so I will put No I didnt receive an offer because i'm not so sure yet.

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in January 2011.

Interview Details – I went to Crumbs website and looked under job opportunities. There was en email that I had to contact. I briefly described my interest in the company and inquired about any positions that may be open. Within a week I was contacted by an HR representative who invited me in for a group interview.

The group interview was quite large, about 10 people (3 of us were hired).
The nice thing is that you are all asked different questions -so there wasn't much overlap in answers.

I heard back within a couple days, they call you in for a training shift. It goes from about 6AM to 3PM, and it's paid. You learn all about the cupcakes and how to use the espresso machine.

When all is said and done you should be working within a week and a half.

Interview Question – Many are "proudest moment" and "who inspires you." Not so much job-focused questions, but personality-focused ones. Be upbeat and confident in the interview, it's the best way to stand out in the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are offered a salary -it's a take it or leave it situation, no negotiating. The offer was higher than I'd expected, so I didn't feel a need to negotiate.

Rockaway, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in February 2013.

Interview Details – Individual interview... basic questions about customer service, past jobs, why you would want to work for crumbs, how you handle situations, etc. Don't stress about not knowing anything about Starbucks or cupcakes, all you need is a passion for the stuff, and good retail experience and you should be fine getting the job.

Interview Question – The questions were all basic and very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate

Interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop

Interview Details – The application to become a regular hourly associate is actually a bit more time consuming than you'd think. You must first fill out the online application (EVERYTHING is done online - don't call the stores about your resume because they won't have any info to give you... also, it's annoying). This application is a bit of a process as there are many questions to answer. You'll be asked to also submit a cover letter (yes, a cover letter for a part-time retail job) and your resume.

After that it's the waiting game unless you know someone who already works for the company and can tell you if they're looking to hire someone immediately or not. You'll get a call from a store manager (maybe the district manager) about setting up a phone interview. You'll do the phone interview (10-15 minutes) and the SM/DM will call you later if they'd like to set up an in-person interview. You'll go in and talk to the DM who will have pretty basic/standard, retail-oriented questions for you. Ask when you can expect to hear back from them at the end of your interview and then you get to play the waiting game a bit more. But you'll probably have a pretty good idea if they are going to hire you when you leave!

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Have strengths/weaknesses prepared. They'll ask you what you would do if you saw someone steal from the tip jar, what your biggest pet peeves are when working with others, etc. etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. You start out at what they want you to start at... which will most likely be minimum wage if you're going after a store associate position. If you don't like the number they give you, they'll find someone else who does.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in October 2011.

Interview Details – After filling out the online application at 2 in the morning I received an email from the HR at Crumb at 9 pm that night. The email stated that I had been chosen to go to a group interview. The group interview consisted of about 12 candidates and 2 woman from HR. They both had extremely bubbly personalities which seemed to go along with the general culture of the company. The interview consisted of a bunch of games in which a hat was passed around the room and papers with personal questions were written on them. We also had to fill out a paper interview. After the interview the two woman informed us that they would call us if we were hired to begin training.

Interview Question – If your life was a book what would the title be?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Crumbs Bake Shop in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was excited to interview with Crumbs - this wasn't for a position in the bake shop, but for a position in their corporate office/headquarters. Had a phone interview with HR, then got called in for a face to face interview. Interview went great, I was very qualified for the position, they did a background check, said they definitely wanted me to come back in and meet with the CEO, president, etc. Made it sound very much like I was getting the job. Went in for that interview (mind you, I was taking off all these days as sick days from work) and when I arrived there was only one person there - no warning that the others weren't coming, no explanation of why they weren't there. She seemed annoyed and disinterested, and it was the most awkward interview I have ever had. A week later I got an email saying they didn't know if they were hiring for this position anymore, but they would "definitely keep me updated." Never heard from them again. Completely unprofessional and rude way to treat someone, would never consider working with them again. For such a successful company you think they would have their act together a bit better.

Interview Question – What would you change about Crumbs' visual branding and how would you go about implementing it?   Answer Question

Worked for Crumbs Bake Shop? Contribute to the Community!