Crunch Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.5

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Woodbridge, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was very fast I had to call them they did not remember to call me!!!!! The interviewer was very rushed honestly I don't know why??? Very odd!!!!!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was thorough. I was asked several accounting questions to test my basic knowledge. I was interviewed by several people and got a real sense of the job and company

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Mateo, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with Mike, the General Manager. He was nice and pretty laid back like everyone else who seemed to work there. They even request that when you come in you wear normal clothes like how you would dress if you worked there, not interview clothes. My interview lasted maybe 45 mins to an hour, but I did ask a lot of questions at the end. Most of the questions he asked were personality type questions and being that I have no sales experience, it was pretty clear that they look for people who would be a good fit for the company and they are willing to train you. He pretty much told me at the end that he liked me and was going to have me come back for a 2nd interview. I ended up declining it later on because of the pay ($9/hr. and the rest is commission) and the distance for me was really far so overall it wasn't worth it. They also tell you that if you're earning $24,000/year then you're doing an average-ish job but they expect you to exceed your quotas every month. $45,000/year and up is kind of what they really expect from you, keeping in mind that it's almost all commission. If you have experience selling or you're naturally good at it, you could do really well, but if you're looking for a steady paycheck every month then this probably isn't the right position.

Interview Questions

• Because I had no sales experience, I got put to the test. First test was "sell me this stapler" and he didn't really give in until I worked for it and wouldn't let him not "buy" it. Second test was that I had to go up to this girl who was sitting at a desk that worked there and "sell her on signing up for a Crunch membership/personal training/classes"   Answer Question

Too little pay to count on ($9/hr + commission) and too far for me to drive every day

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Bellevue, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was asked to come and meet with the co-owner of the facility who did the initial screening to see if I had the skills needed for the personal training manager to meet with. She asked about my past employers and about my certifications. A week the personal training manager contacted me to discuss coming in for a second interview. The second interview coincided with the gym opening so we kept getting interrupted. At one point I sat in the office and waited for 20 minutes. Because of the interruptions the interview lasted for 2.5 hours. This didn't bother me because I understood the circumstances. Both interviewers were passionate about their work and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a new client on the the first session through 3rd session.   Answer Question

Because the gym was just opening and hours weren't established my family had an issue with me working nights and weekends.

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

There was 3 interviews. 1 phone screen, Then GM of one of the clubs, Then interview with the VP of sales manager. Last meet, tour and interview with GM of the club potential club you would be working at. Then do all paper work they call your references and they will perform a background check,

Interview Questions

• Why is fitness important to you and do you have a passion for it.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening used to gather information regarding my past experience, certifications, and availability. First interview was traditional in that we dug a littler deeper into my resume and personality; such as if I am a 'Team Player'. Second interview was practical application and a chance to showcase my skill set as an experienced and qualified trainer.

Interview Questions

• None were particularly difficult or unexpected. Truly an experience to be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Filled out an application for employment and submitted it to the front desk. Received a call a few days later from the personal training manager to schedule an interview. Came in for an interview with the PT director and the General manager. Was hired a few weeks later, received a Level 2 status because of work experience. And my base pay reflected such.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted to start as a level 2 trainer with a higher pay scale. Because of my experience I believe I could do what was required for a level 2 trainer. They agreed and I got the base pay.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an open day interview. I then proceed with a practical interview which I pass. Then I was texted the entire time regarding the next steps. I was never contacted by a professional HR personnel, but only by the manager who seems to have problem communicating professionally through email or accepting phone calls.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer - future manager, changed the entire practical interview by giving me a complete different time-frame, person to train, and requirement on the interview.   Answer Question

stay way, there are better gyms nearby. To be a little more detailed. I did get and accept the job offer. I was 'texted' to join their training the next week. I never receive an official offer letter. Then, on Tuesday evening, I receive a last minute call to go to see my manager on Wednesday at 5pm. I was then given a 7 course certification to complete the same night, but still need to drive 2.5 hours to attend training (at a different location) the next day morning. After the commute hassle on Thursday, I decided it was not in my best interest to work with a entirely unprofessional company so I submitted my resignation, twice. After a week, the manager 'call' and left a voice mail telling me I was terminated?!?! Bottom line: They attract you with "potential 100k earning", but this unprofessional-ism is just not worth it. A good trainer can get the same amount of income anywhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Chelsea, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

2 interviews: 1- personal: - simply asking you about why the job - previous experience - Then you take a small 10-question test related to human physiology/nutrition 2- practicum - take you through how you would do an initial assessment of someone and then describe what you would do. - then you will be evaluated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I spoke to a personal trainer about hiring and he kindly introduced me to the fitness manager, I gave my resume and set up a time for a formal interview. The interview was short and to the point, why I was interested in becoming a trainer with no background in the field. They are often looking for trainers so as long as you can commit you are pretty much hired. The more certifications you have the better, especially in pay but you don't have to be certified right away to be hired. They do a lot of in-house training, and many times will offer discounted rates on certifications so it can be a good thing to start from scratch in a corporate setting.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in personal training?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in training, and any certifications?   Answer Question
    • I was a member of the gym but I imagine if not I would have been asked about my interest in the company.   Answer Question