Crunch Fitness

Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crunch Fitness

Membership Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Applied online, got an email invitation for an interview. Greated by the reception staff, asked to wait while having a chat to the friendly and happy staff. Then sat down with the CEO, (first crunch to open in Australia, now it's just the GM's that do the interviews) he asked me a few questions such as What I do when I'm stressed, an example of going above and beyond for customer service and what it means to me. Why I would be a good fit for the job, then had informal conversation about my travels and sporting history.

Interview Questions
    I recieved another call, this time from the new General Manager, just going over a few more things and saying they would love to have me on board and they have a staff meeting next week that all new employees should attend.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Applied online via Crunch Fitness website. I was contacted shortly after from the Fitness Manager from the location I applied to. Interview was 1:1 and set a few days after the phone call. After the 1:1 interview, I was told there would be a 2nd round of interviews to be held.

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in June 2014.

I applied online on a Friday and received a call on Monday for a Tuesday interview. When I arrived, I told the Front Desk employee who I was and who I was there to see. He told me the GM was with a potential member and to take a seat. I saw the GM go on a tour which lasted about 15 minutes. When he came back, he told me he was sorry and that he should be with me in a moment. While I waited, 3 employees approached me separately and we talked for a moment (all very friendly). After waiting for an hour, I decided to leave. About an hour later, the GM left me a voice mail apologizing and told me to call him back if I wanted to reschedule the interview. I thought this was very nice but did not to call him back. I understand that they were not properly staffed that day and wanted to get another member but I felt disrespected before an actual interview occurred. If this is how I was treated before an interview, I wonder how I would be treated as an employee.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in February 2013.

One on One conversation about career growth, personal goals. Questions about what can you bring to the table as far as sales. History about what Crunch is trying to do as a fitness club.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in February 2012.

Very basic and easy interview, had to go through two rounds of interviews.

8.00/hr

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in March 2013.

I was called in for an interview about 2 weeks after submitting my resume via craiglslist. It was for the new branch of gyms they are opening at a lower price point. The interview was a group interview that asked an eclectic group of questions such as what makes a great supervisor, your strengths, who your hero is, to what artist your listening to now and your favorite movie. Of course their were some questions that focused on fitness. Overall a decent interview, I believe management was just looking for people to be themselves. After this interview I was told there would be someone contacting us about a second interview, but instead I was contacted with an offer, so I have no information to offer about the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What can a person that annoys you and just get under your skin?   View Answer
    Pay is very low

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in August 2013.

Answered a posting online on Craigslist for Crunch 34th Street. After a brief phone interview I was invited over the following week. The interview began promptly and lasted no more then 10 mins. It was all very basic questions such as why I want this job, etc... Afterwards, I received the job sales pitch from their advertisement. After that I was told, 'we will be touching base shortly' but never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

I interviewed w/ the Fitness Manager and then the Regional Manager, pretty fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly it was a pretty easy process. I get the feeling that they hire alot due to turnover   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Initial phone screening used to gather information regarding my past experience, certifications, and availability. First interview was traditional in that we dug a littler deeper into my resume and personality; such as if I am a 'Team Player'. Second interview was practical application and a chance to showcase my skill set as an experienced and qualified trainer.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult or unexpected. Truly an experience to be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in May 2012.

I was asked to come and meet with the co-owner of the facility who did the initial screening to see if I had the skills needed for the personal training manager to meet with. She asked about my past employers and about my certifications. A week the personal training manager contacted me to discuss coming in for a second interview. The second interview coincided with the gym opening so we kept getting interrupted. At one point I sat in the office and waited for 20 minutes. Because of the interruptions the interview lasted for 2.5 hours. This didn't bother me because I understood the circumstances. Both interviewers were passionate about their work and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a new client on the the first session through 3rd session.   Answer Question

Because the gym was just opening and hours weren't established my family had an issue with me working nights and weekends.