Crunch Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.5

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was offered a position. Afterwards, I came by the fitness center when I was in town and spoke more extensively about the position with the staff in person. Both interviews were great experiences. I definitely learned a lot more about the pay structure and benefits in person than I did on the phone and that was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what makes a good trainer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase because I compared the pay to other positions and felt that it was my best offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I spoke to a personal trainer about hiring and he kindly introduced me to the fitness manager, I gave my resume and set up a time for a formal interview. The interview was short and to the point, why I was interested in becoming a trainer with no background in the field. They are often looking for trainers so as long as you can commit you are pretty much hired. The more certifications you have the better, especially in pay but you don't have to be certified right away to be hired. They do a lot of in-house training, and many times will offer discounted rates on certifications so it can be a good thing to start from scratch in a corporate setting.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in personal training?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in training, and any certifications?   Answer Question
    • I was a member of the gym but I imagine if not I would have been asked about my interest in the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Chelsea, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

2 interviews: 1- personal: - simply asking you about why the job - previous experience - Then you take a small 10-question test related to human physiology/nutrition 2- practicum - take you through how you would do an initial assessment of someone and then describe what you would do. - then you will be evaluated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was quick. I emailed my resume to the hiring manager and got a response almost immediately for an interview. The man who interviewed me was condescending and clearly sexist. Criticized me for being prepared with questions and assumed that I was incapable of thinking the questions up myself. I will no longer be patronizing the company as well as definitely not ever work at a Crunch facility because of how rude this guy was.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

what interview process...hr individuals showed up and where not properly dressed or organized to even handle an interview. they had not even looked at the resume to know one single item about me.

Interview Questions

• hi ..how are you doing today   1 Answer

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was conducted with great enthusiasm, which in my experience has most always been the case due to my personal passion for the "Health and Fitness Industry." The interview was conducted first by introduction of course and then proceeded to take its natural course of questions, starting from what I was looking for in a position of employment.

Interview Questions

• How do I think that I could be an asset to the company given my experience and credentials?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was thorough. I was asked several accounting questions to test my basic knowledge. I was interviewed by several people and got a real sense of the job and company

Membership Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

You get a call within a week after you apply Dress dress-casual or dress for extra kudos. Set appointment for Interview at the gym. Giving you a taste of the environment. First you quickly interview with the General Manager (and the Assistant Manager/Lead Admin) Then you usually get a second interview with usually the Regional Manager or District Manager (or Franchise Owner). Then it'll take a while for a background check (that has never been case for a reneged job offer. I waited 2-3 weeks before starting.

Interview Questions

• The questions are easy, personal, and honest answers with gusto are preferred. The questions are up to the person asking and they usually gauge one's interest in the job, their ethics, and their attitude.   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Woodbridge, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was very fast I had to call them they did not remember to call me!!!!! The interviewer was very rushed honestly I don't know why??? Very odd!!!!!

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Took a 15 minute tour of the facility followed by a 30 minute informal interview. Hiring manager was very friendly however it was clear that they were driven by sales projections and meeting a monthly quota. Not much of an emphasis on employee development, it seemed more like a 'hustle' than anything else

Interview Questions

• How much can you grow your clientele roster in the first 30 days of employment?   1 Answer