Crunch Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an open day interview. I then proceed with a practical interview which I pass. Then I was texted the entire time regarding the next steps. I was never contacted by a professional HR personnel, but only by the manager who seems to have problem communicating professionally through email or accepting phone calls.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer - future manager, changed the entire practical interview by giving me a complete different time-frame, person to train, and requirement on the interview.   Answer Question

stay way, there are better gyms nearby.

To be a little more detailed. I did get and accept the job offer. I was 'texted' to join their training the next week. I never receive an official offer letter. Then, on Tuesday evening, I receive a last minute call to go to see my manager on Wednesday at 5pm. I was then given a 7 course certification to complete the same night, but still need to drive 2.5 hours to attend training (at a different location) the next day morning. After the commute hassle on Thursday, I decided it was not in my best interest to work with a entirely unprofessional company so I submitted my resignation, twice. After a week, the manager 'call' and left a voice mail telling me I was terminated?!?!

Bottom line: They attract you with "potential 100k earning", but this unprofessional-ism is just not worth it. A good trainer can get the same amount of income anywhere.

Other Interview Reviews for Crunch Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crunch Fitness in November 2010.

Filled out an application for employment and submitted it to the front desk. Received a call a few days later from the personal training manager to schedule an interview. Came in for an interview with the PT director and the General manager. Was hired a few weeks later, received a Level 2 status because of work experience. And my base pay reflected such.

Interview Questions
    I wanted to start as a level 2 trainer with a higher pay scale. Because of my experience I believe I could do what was required for a level 2 trainer. They agreed and I got the base pay.

Personal Trainer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Applied online via Crunch Fitness website. I was contacted shortly after from the Fitness Manager from the location I applied to. Interview was 1:1 and set a few days after the phone call. After the 1:1 interview, I was told there would be a 2nd round of interviews to be held.

Personal Trainer Interview

Initial phone screening used to gather information regarding my past experience, certifications, and availability. First interview was traditional in that we dug a littler deeper into my resume and personality; such as if I am a 'Team Player'. Second interview was practical application and a chance to showcase my skill set as an experienced and qualified trainer.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult or unexpected. Truly an experience to be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Crunch Fitness in August 2013.

Answered a posting online on Craigslist for Crunch 34th Street. After a brief phone interview I was invited over the following week. The interview began promptly and lasted no more then 10 mins. It was all very basic questions such as why I want this job, etc... Afterwards, I received the job sales pitch from their advertisement. After that I was told, 'we will be touching base shortly' but never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

I interviewed w/ the Fitness Manager and then the Regional Manager, pretty fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly it was a pretty easy process. I get the feeling that they hire alot due to turnover   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crunch Fitness in May 2012.

I was asked to come and meet with the co-owner of the facility who did the initial screening to see if I had the skills needed for the personal training manager to meet with. She asked about my past employers and about my certifications. A week the personal training manager contacted me to discuss coming in for a second interview. The second interview coincided with the gym opening so we kept getting interrupted. At one point I sat in the office and waited for 20 minutes. Because of the interruptions the interview lasted for 2.5 hours. This didn't bother me because I understood the circumstances. Both interviewers were passionate about their work and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a new client on the the first session through 3rd session.   Answer Question

Because the gym was just opening and hours weren't established my family had an issue with me working nights and weekends.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crunch Fitness

Worked for Crunch Fitness? Contribute to the Community!