Crytek

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crytek.

Interview Details – I sent my CV, I was called over a week later for an one onsite interview, the interviewer had no idea how to interview and spent most of the meeting talking or asking leading questions. It was extremely easy, but concerning. On the plus side, the whole process was fast.

Interview Question – I don't remember any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Crytek did a fair bit of haggling over my salary. I encourage future applicants to request what they're worth and not necessarily just what Crytek is willing to pay.

UI Game Programmer Interview

UI Game Programmer
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online and interviewed at Crytek.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview, a coding test and an on-site interview. The first two were fairly easy, but the on-site interview was long and heavy.

Interview Question – There were a lot of technical questions (typical C++ interview questions), some of them which I struggled with.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

Senior Programmer
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Crytek in November 2012.

Interview Details – First thing is a technical interview over the phone. Most of the questions are really standard ones (C/C++) there are also some math questions (dot&cross product). After that I had a programming test for which I had one week. After that I was asked to come for an on-site interview which consisted of 1-1 and panel questions.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was presented, a slight negotiation (~5%) was possible.

Senior Programmer Interview

Senior Programmer
Frankfurt, Brandenburg (Germany)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Crytek.

Interview Details – It started with a 45 mins technical phone interview with a few of their programmers, questions were very specific and focused in my area of speciality but nothing surprising here.

After that I was sent a programming test and given a week to complete it. The test was really challenging and took me over 10 hours of actual hard work to get it done.

After that they flew me to Frankfurt for onsite interview. The interview lasted nearly 6 hours, it was very intense and consisted several in-depth technical interviews with different people and a debugging test.

Interview Question – The programming test was certainly unlike any other test I had come across before in an interview because of the amount of time and skill required.   Answer Question

Worked for Crytek? Contribute to the Community!