Crytek Senior Programmer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

This started as maybe one of the best interview processes I had in my life. It started with the regular phone interview, then they sent a programming quiz to complete which I completed and sent back and then a week later, I was told that I passed and that they need to perform a final interview on campus. So far so good. That was back in December 2014, at that time they asked me to wait for a couple of weeks because everyone back then was having the holidays vacation, so I waited until January, we worked on the visa and everything, and I visited them on Campus on the second week of February of 2015 to have a full day of interviews. The on-campus interviews difficulty level was not really that hard. Some questions were a little bit tough (i.e. how the C++ compiler perform some tasks regarding some specific commands) but overall, it was not very tough. The impression I got from everyone that everyone was impressed enough to place some people with me near the end who just sat there and listened to what I did in my life. I met that that with over 20 engineers and artists from all different parts of Crytek, most of them were on a leader position and who kept asking me which part of Crytek I would prefer the most and they kept telling me what their projects are and trying to sell their teams to me. Judging from my interviews in different firms all over the world (I am currently Microsoft MSFT and I worked and lived in half a dozen of countries all over the world) I knew that people would start such conversations only when they are convinced that they got a matching candidate. So the day ended and HR notified me that it would take a week before she comes back to me with the result, a max of 10 days in the worst case. Today is March 31st of 2015. The interview was on the 10th of February, that means a total of 49 days and I still don't know if I passed the damn interview or not!! I sent few emails and I even called a couple of times and HR didn't even want to talk with me and she told the receptionist to tell me that she has something and she would call me back very soon. I am not sure how busy Crytek is, but I know that companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and others would come back to you with a definitive answer as long as they accepted your resume. This is really my first to hear about any company in the entire world who would invite someone for an on-campus full loop and fail to notify him about the interview results!!