Cub Foods

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cub Foods.

Interview Details – One interview needed with resume and store manager approval. It is a formal sit down interview with HR professionals and Store Managers along with department specialist, completion of background and drug testing is also necessary

Interview Question – How would you increase sales for your department that is unique to you and the department in which you manage   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Checker

Interviewed at Cub Foods

Interview Details – I walked in and asked to talk to the store hiring manager. He was busy at the time, but promptly contacted me by telephone the same day. We talked for several minutes and I was put in contact with HR. I completed the required paper work and attended a 2-3 day training located at a central Cub Foods location.

Interview Question – What position are you interested in and why?   Answer Question

Produce Interview

Produce
Duluth, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cub Foods in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview started with an online application. I then had a phone interview and was asked to come in for a formal interview. I discussed my background and why I would like to be employed by Supervalu. I then had to submit all required information for a background check. Once all this came in clear, I then needed to submit to a drug test before starting.

Interview Question – Do you have any problems working flexible shifts?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Interview

Loss Prevention
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cub Foods in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process for Cub Foods loss prevention begins with an initial interview with at least two of the four LP supervisors. This follows an online application and subsequent submission of your resume either by fax or by email. They will ask a few of your standard interview questions (Tell me about yourself; what is your biggest weakness; etc...), then they will ask a few scenario questions (If XYZ happens, what would you do?). If you don't know from your initial invitation to interview, this would be a good place to ask what your home store will be should you be offered a job.

The questions are all fairly simple and the people asking them are not trained HR reps; they are just trying to determine if you would be easy to work with and if you'd be a good fit for the job. The scenario questions are very simple and if you have ANY experience with Loss Prevention you will be just fine. If the supervisors like you, you will have a 1:1 interview with the Manager of Cub LP. That's also a very simple interview; just make sure you look nice.

If all your interviewers like you, you will go through a background check and drug test. My record was clean so I don't know how lenient Cub is on certain things from your past. If you pass both tests, your future supervisor will call you with a job offer.

Interview Question – What would you do if a store associate approached you and informed you that they just witnessed a customer conceal an expensive item into their coat pocket?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cub Foods is pretty standardized on what your starting pay will be and what your benefits package will be like. Like most businesses in 2009, Cub is cutting costs everywhere so you probably won't get a higher starting wage than the one they offer you. Cub LP was was my entry into LP though, so I had no prior experience to use as a bargaining chip.

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cub Foods in March 2008.

Interview Details – They call you up, Interview in person, then give you the job...

Negotiation Details – Ehhh it depends on your experiance

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cub Foods in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process for this store changed. I never interviewed with the current hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to make an important decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were made, happy for the part time job during college.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cub Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cub Foods interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cub Foods employees and interview candidates.