Cub Foods Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Updated Apr 16, 2014

2.0

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cub Foods.

One interview needed with resume and store manager approval. It is a formal sit down interview with HR professionals and Store Managers along with department specialist, completion of background and drug testing is also necessary

Interview Questions
    • How would you increase sales for your department that is unique to you and the department in which you manage   Answer Question

Checker Interview

I walked in and asked to talk to the store hiring manager. He was busy at the time, but promptly contacted me by telephone the same day. We talked for several minutes and I was put in contact with HR. I completed the required paper work and attended a 2-3 day training located at a central Cub Foods location.

Produce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cub Foods in March 2009.

The interview started with an online application. I then had a phone interview and was asked to come in for a formal interview. I discussed my background and why I would like to be employed by Supervalu. I then had to submit all required information for a background check. Once all this came in clear, I then needed to submit to a drug test before starting.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any problems working flexible shifts?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cub Foods in January 2008.

The interview process for Cub Foods loss prevention begins with an initial interview with at least two of the four LP supervisors. This follows an online application and subsequent submission of your resume either by fax or by email. They will ask a few of your standard interview questions (Tell me about yourself; what is your biggest weakness; etc...), then they will ask a few scenario questions (If XYZ happens, what would you do?). If you don't know from your initial invitation to interview, this would be a good place to ask what your home store will be should you be offered a job.

The questions are all fairly simple and the people asking them are not trained HR reps; they are just trying to determine if you would be easy to work with and if you'd be a good fit for the job. The scenario questions are very simple and if you have ANY experience with Loss Prevention you will be just fine. If the supervisors like you, you will have a 1:1 interview with the Manager of Cub LP. That's also a very simple interview; just make sure you look nice.

If all your interviewers like you, you will go through a background check and drug test. My record was clean so I don't know how lenient Cub is on certain things from your past. If you pass both tests, your future supervisor will call you with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a store associate approached you and informed you that they just witnessed a customer conceal an expensive item into their coat pocket?   View Answer
    Cub Foods is pretty standardized on what your starting pay will be and what your benefits package will be like. Like most businesses in 2009, Cub is cutting costs everywhere so you probably won't get a higher starting wage than the one they offer you. Cub LP was was my entry into LP though, so I had no prior experience to use as a bargaining chip.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cub Foods in March 2008.

They call you up, Interview in person, then give you the job...

Ehhh it depends on your experiance

Retail Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cub Foods in September 2008.

Interview process for this store changed. I never interviewed with the current hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to make an important decision?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were made, happy for the part time job during college.

Worked for Cub Foods? Contribute to the Community!