Cub Foods Loss Prevention Interview Questions

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cub Foods (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process for Cub Foods loss prevention begins with an initial interview with at least two of the four LP supervisors. This follows an online application and subsequent submission of your resume either by fax or by email. They will ask a few of your standard interview questions (Tell me about yourself; what is your biggest weakness; etc...), then they will ask a few scenario questions (If XYZ happens, what would you do?). If you don't know from your initial invitation to interview, this would be a good place to ask what your home store will be should you be offered a job. The questions are all fairly simple and the people asking them are not trained HR reps; they are just trying to determine if you would be easy to work with and if you'd be a good fit for the job. The scenario questions are very simple and if you have ANY experience with Loss Prevention you will be just fine. If the supervisors like you, you will have a 1:1 interview with the Manager of Cub LP. That's also a very simple interview; just make sure you look nice. If all your interviewers like you, you will go through a background check and drug test. My record was clean so I don't know how lenient Cub is on certain things from your past. If you pass both tests, your future supervisor will call you with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a store associate approached you and informed you that they just witnessed a customer conceal an expensive item into their coat pocket?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cub Foods is pretty standardized on what your starting pay will be and what your benefits package will be like. Like most businesses in 2009, Cub is cutting costs everywhere so you probably won't get a higher starting wage than the one they offer you. Cub LP was was my entry into LP though, so I had no prior experience to use as a bargaining chip.