Cubic

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cubic.

I applied online using my university career website. I had the on campus interview. In which i was asked OOP questions and later was asked to do a written problem on paper. That was the only interview. Got a job offer the following day. However Only gave me one week to accept the offer.

Spec Ops Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cubic in February 2013.

A guy that really, really enjoyed the sound of his own voice called me and asked if I could meet him on a Saturday at a Starbucks. He showed up an hour late in shorts and flip-flops on the way back from the beach.
    I should have taken the hint.
    Guy asked me about my professional history, told me a little about the job...aaaaand then told me about a date he had planned for later. This should have told me a lot about this company; management wants to deal with you like you're a guy they borrowed a lawnmower from, but they want you to be Johnny on the Spot, ready to come in early or stay late on a moments notice.

Interview Questions
    • "So its not totally like a rule but, like, I like everyone to have their shirt tucked in and you'll have to shave your beard. Are you cool with that?"   View Answer
    Straight take-it-or-leave it deal. Cubic is getting the gov't contract world by the nuts and they don't feel any need to negotiate.

Exercise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cubic.

Very streamlines and direct.

Uneventful.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic in March 2013.

1. The person who did first round posed very good questions, after that no one ask u any challenging questions.

Interview Questions

1. People will shortlist what ever you as Expected CTC whether it is there in their range or not for interviews. But when you clear all the rounds they say that you are expecting too much. They offer only the thing which is there in their budget.

2. I Never seen that the HR also participate in Technical Interviews in any company. But it happened in this company.

3. Bargain the salaries, such as vegetables in market.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic.

Interview with HR and Hiring manger, which is typical. The process can be slow. Interview with the hiring manager was very direct. None of the typical "If you were stranded on an island" kind of questions

No negotiation

Lead Script Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leavenworth, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leavenworth, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubic in November 2011.

Since I knew the hiring manager who was also my boss it was extremely streamlined process for me. However, I was required to interview with the Program Manager which was a pleasant process. I was made very comfortable by the reception and human resources personnel before the interview and it was a relatively stress free experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if given the task lead for the project?   View Answer
    Simple since the contract position offered was essentially a fixed price offer for the first year. I was able to ultimately negotiate a substantial raise during year one of the contract and earned small cash bonuses for both years I worked under the contract.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cubic in October 2009.

I was called and brought in for an interview the same day because they were looking for someone right away and I was available. The interview was very good, friendly and done over a couple of beers. I was asked about my background and how I dealt with senior leadership and if I had a problem saying no or having to stand my ground if the need would arise (and it did several times while I was on the job).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic.

After applying I was emailed with an online form to fill out detailing past work experience, education, and citizenship.

Received a call shortly after to set up an interview.

Interview was at the facility. Three to four engineers ask you general questions about your resume. A couple of behavioral and situation questions but nothing too technical. They were very friendly.

current position paid more

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cubic in March 2014.

I was called for a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I am expecting a follow up call and possible in-person interview. The interviewer gave me general talking points and expected me to expand on them and relate them to my coursework and individual projects. I was doing most of the talking for the 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the benefits of different types of search trees. Explain binary search, including time complexity and specialty cases. Explain inheritance in C++ and how virtual methods work.   Answer Question

Costpoint Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubic in November 2011.

First step is a general interview with HR, then a detailed interview with the hiring manager. The HR person was very friendly, and had been with the company for more than 15 years. He did the usual review of my resume, asking what I liked most and least about each company I had been with, and my reason for leaving. The interview with my hiring manager was very detailed about the knowledge and skills I had gained from previous positions. Again, the usual interview questions - nothing from left field.

Interview Questions
    Because there are so many people here who have been with the company for 10+ years, it is difficult to negotiate extra time off because they feel it is unfair to long-time employees. Otherwise, they were very flexible.