Cubic

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubic in May 2014.

There were two people interviewing me. One of them is a software department manager. He asked me basic backgrounds and projects I did in school. He also asked me if I have questions for him

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that takes one integer and can determine whether that integer is power of 2.   Answer Question

Associate Program Financial Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cubic.

I was emailed for a interview. Met with HR who asked normal HR questions then had an interview with 2 others who asked more technical questions about excel and my resume.

Spec Ops Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cubic in February 2013.

A guy that really, really enjoyed the sound of his own voice called me and asked if I could meet him on a Saturday at a Starbucks. He showed up an hour late in shorts and flip-flops on the way back from the beach.
    I should have taken the hint.
    Guy asked me about my professional history, told me a little about the job...aaaaand then told me about a date he had planned for later. This should have told me a lot about this company; management wants to deal with you like you're a guy they borrowed a lawnmower from, but they want you to be Johnny on the Spot, ready to come in early or stay late on a moments notice.

Interview Questions
    • "So its not totally like a rule but, like, I like everyone to have their shirt tucked in and you'll have to shave your beard. Are you cool with that?"   View Answer
    Straight take-it-or-leave it deal. Cubic is getting the gov't contract world by the nuts and they don't feel any need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cubic.

I applied online using my university career website. I had the on campus interview. In which i was asked OOP questions and later was asked to do a written problem on paper. That was the only interview. Got a job offer the following day. However Only gave me one week to accept the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic.

After applying I was emailed with an online form to fill out detailing past work experience, education, and citizenship.

Received a call shortly after to set up an interview.

Interview was at the facility. Three to four engineers ask you general questions about your resume. A couple of behavioral and situation questions but nothing too technical. They were very friendly.

current position paid more

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic in June 2014.

Went to interview at plant as scheduled by HR intern. Went to interview 10 min ahead of time set. 35 min later, HR rep (not intern) appeared and told me intern scheduled wrong day and asked to re sked for following day. Next day, went in as scheduled. HR rep seemed agitated as though I was an inconvenience. Following that engaging experience, went on daisy chain of interviews from office to office. Learned that interviewers were not sure what the role's responsibilities were of the position I was interviewing for. Interviews were more conversational than behavioral based. At end of interview, I was escorted back to reception space and essentially dismissed. I had previously mapped my quals to their specific reqmts, so they knew I was qualified. Never heard back from anyone in the company. After 2 weeks and no feedback from Cubic, I learned from a contact within the company who had referred me, that no one who had been interviewed was going to be selected... Essentially they were window shopping for the purple squirrel. Their actions spoke louder than words, am happy in retrospect I dodged that bullet. Knowing what I know now, would not work there.

Cubic Response

Oct 23, 2014Talent Acquisition Specialist

Greatly apologize for the interview scheduling issues, and demeanor of your HR interviewer. We take candidate experience very seriously, please feel free to reach out to me directly if you see an ... More

DTS Analyst Interview

interviewed at Cubic in August 2011.

Submit application wait for them to review then call for interview, They will call and do a phone interview then they will bring you in and do a face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to work will with officers   View Answer

ArcSight Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cubic in July 2014.

The hiring process has been relatively painless so far, and similar to my experience with other corporations. The application was done online through the corporate website after seeing the job posted on a popular job listing site. Application included, of course, uploading a resume. I was contacted after about a week for scheduling an interview. The interview was conducted by phone and lasted about 25 minutes. There was discussion of my past experience, current situation, what the position would entail and a brief overview of the project. About a week later I received an offer, which was satisfactory and met my personal requirements. I would call it a fair offer -- not overly generous -- but good in light of the current economic environment, government contracting, etc. My advice to job seekers is to craft a good resume. I recently retired from the military, so have limited experience with the civilian 'corporate' world, job hunting, etc. Initially, I used a resume service that assisted in writing a resume which successfully 'translated' my military experience into language that would be clearly understood by civilian employers. I have used that initial resume as a foundation for subsequent resumes, and it has served as a successful instrument for me. Also, be truthful. Don't embellish, but sell yourself and your capabilities. For instance, and this is from personal experience, an employer just might be more interested in qualities, capabilities, and experiences that you have which might be best described as tangential to the position, e.g., a computer programmer with foreign language skills, a systems engineer with a background in intelligence collection. You never know where your experience, education, and skills might take you. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. Everything was straight forward and not overly technical.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a delayed start date.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic.

Interview with HR and Hiring manger, which is typical. The process can be slow. Interview with the hiring manager was very direct. None of the typical "If you were stranded on an island" kind of questions

No negotiation

Costpoint Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubic in November 2011.

First step is a general interview with HR, then a detailed interview with the hiring manager. The HR person was very friendly, and had been with the company for more than 15 years. He did the usual review of my resume, asking what I liked most and least about each company I had been with, and my reason for leaving. The interview with my hiring manager was very detailed about the knowledge and skills I had gained from previous positions. Again, the usual interview questions - nothing from left field.

Interview Questions
    Because there are so many people here who have been with the company for 10+ years, it is difficult to negotiate extra time off because they feel it is unfair to long-time employees. Otherwise, they were very flexible.