Cubic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic (Orlando, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. If that goes well, you get a skills test. If you do alright, you get a group interview in a small conference room (1 supervisor and 2 team leads). They ask casual questions, mostly just trying to gauge your interest in the project and general attitude. I think I asked more questions about the studio and the project than they asked me; at that point they already liked my skills, it was more of "will this personality fit with our team"

Interview Questions

• What are your goals moving forward in your career? Honestly the rest was more of a conversation about my last job and the role I played in it.   1 Answer

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

1.HR telephonic interview asked about current job why applied this one? what is availability? 2. Technical interview with panel of 3 members all questions about existing profile some sql technical testing related questions told a bit about project and its requirements. 3. HR interview

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cubic (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Lead Systems Engineer and Principal Systems Engineer, in-person interview. Comfortable setting. Relaxed discussion. They were willing to answer questions about advancement and the criteria to advance. They were willing to describe what a typical day would be like in the role I was interviewing for. Make sure to bring a couple copies of your resume. It would useful to be familiar with Agile, Six Sigma, Kanban, and DOORS.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2012.

Interview

not too lengthly, to the point, not to grilling but they ensure they verify that you know all the skills needed for the job. quite professional and smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• they ensure you are clear about the job role and verify it many times.   Answer Question

SUPPLIES ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cubic (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I first applied through indeed.com and then received a email few days after about fixing a face to face interview. The actual getting to the building is a bit tricky as signal is really bad for using Google maps. After I got to the building I was told to go upstairs and wait in the reception. From there I was greeted by the manager and we went into the interview room where also the HR manager was. The whole interview lasted 25mins and was just all behavioural questions. I was told I would get a reply soon and did get an answer but around 3 weeks later though. The interview went well but I lacked experience thus didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced a problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you delivered great customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you worked well in a team and what did you do   Answer Question
    • Talk me though what you know about quality management systems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Somewhat casual interview with the team you would be working with. They just went down my resume asking questions about what was on it and any projects I have done along with how my experience went. Discussed group projects also what was the biggest project I have ever worked on.

Cash Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cubic.

Interview

Was called within a couple weeks by the HR to set up a face-to-face interview. Met three people: the HR and two who I would be reporting to, one by one. But before any interview, the HR covered the benefits first. The whole interview took about an hour, and I was shown around the building. It was an overall a pleasant experience. I knew I wouldn't get the job as soon as one of the higher people expressed concerned that I never took a business class. Received a rejection email the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Between you and me, where's your ideal place to live?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me. One of them is a software department manager. He asked me basic backgrounds and projects I did in school. He also asked me if I have questions for him

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes one integer and can determine whether that integer is power of 2.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cubic.

Interview

I was emailed for a interview. Met with HR who asked normal HR questions then had an interview with 2 others who asked more technical questions about excel and my resume.

Spec Ops Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cubic (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

A guy that really, really enjoyed the sound of his own voice called me and asked if I could meet him on a Saturday at a Starbucks. He showed up an hour late in shorts and flip-flops on the way back from the beach. I should have taken the hint. Guy asked me about my professional history, told me a little about the job...aaaaand then told me about a date he had planned for later. This should have told me a lot about this company; management wants to deal with you like you're a guy they borrowed a lawnmower from, but they want you to be Johnny on the Spot, ready to come in early or stay late on a moments notice.

Interview Questions

• "So its not totally like a rule but, like, I like everyone to have their shirt tucked in and you'll have to shave your beard. Are you cool with that?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight take-it-or-leave it deal. Cubic is getting the gov't contract world by the nuts and they don't feel any need to negotiate.