Cubist Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.4

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals in December 2014.

Behavioral interview techniques were used. 3 rounds of interviewing with the entire team.
    Initial phone interview and then 2 rounds of in person interviews.
    Each interviewer gave you a specific problem/ issue for which you had to identify the issue, what you did and the outcome for the same

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a difficult outcome of a project and got buy in   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. It was a long day - 30 mins per person. Everyone goes over time leading to a rushed feeling throughout. They dont (or didnt) factor in a bio break. Lunch was a talking lunch, so there was no rest there.

Interview Questions
    • Very few technical questions. That was covered in general banter. They tend to stick to their script of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sterile Drug Product Technology Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.

The interview was 30 minutes. The Senior manager is very nice and considerate to the interviewee. He asked if I knew about the techniques used in this projects, any previous experiences, and the current experience. He asked how I will commute to work, what my strengths and weaknesses are. The overal experience was really good, and I didn't feel tense from the interiew.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

the interview is relatively easy, and it takes half day. Have talked with several employees one-on-one. Most of them are technical questions, while a few are behavior questions. Most of the interviewers are scientists and they are very nice. The interview process was nice and friendly.

Senior HRBP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals in March 2014.

The interview process was conducted very expediently. I was able to speak to the hiring manager and a potential co-worker right away. The people I spoke with were very open about the culture and good work ahead. They were very professional and one could tell that they inspired a true sense of collaboration. I received a follow up call from the hiring manager, personally, within the given timeframe, giving me the disposition of the interview process - which was very refreshing!

SAS Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.

I was called for a phone interview and then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, the HR representative, and several lead programmers.

Interview Questions
    • When you are explaining a difficult concept to an audience, how do you know if they don't understand what you are talking about?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.

Many, many e-mail and phone interviews for an internship position. Takes up a lot of time without a lot of feedback for how the processes is going and moving. Seems like a good work environment with friendly staff, but interview process was somewhat overwhelming and unfulfilling for getting a "Feel" about the job and its/supervisor's expectations.

Interview Questions
    • After two months of interviews, I was told I was not qualified, and to explain in the interview why I should be hired.   Answer Question

HEOR Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.

Smart and nice interviewers. A phone screen and an onsite interview. The whole process was wrapped in a month.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Prepare for general behavioral/situation questions   Answer Question

Salary not as expected.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals in July 2013.

Phone interview with the hiring manager. After a 30 minute conversation the hiring manager said he wanted to bring me in for an onsite interview but I never heard back from the company.

Senior Coordinator, Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals in March 2013.

The hiring process was very intense but the people were extremely nice and laid back. It started with an hour phone interview. Then a 3 hour meeting with 3 people on campus interview. I found out a week later i was a final candidate so i then went in for a 5 hour interview meeting with 5 people. The interviews were all about naming scenarios in which you had a certain situation...like sacrificed quality to get something out on time and so on. The final interview I was just not on my game as I had so much work stuff for my current job, i just wasn't focused as much as i should have been

Unfortunately, I found out about 10 days later that i did not get the position. It was very disappointing. Anyone that gets an opportunity to work there should consider themselves very lucky.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, they were all difficult, you have to be in a certain frame of mind when going into an interview there.   View Answer