Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Intern (3)
- Clinical Business Manager (2)
- Scientist I (2)
- Senior Scientist I (1)
- Director (1)
- SAS Programmer (1)
- Researcher (1)
- Director, Finance (1)
- Manager (1)
- Regional Access Manager (1)
- Senior Manager, Accouns Payable (1)
- Nonclinical (1)
- HEOR (1)
- Senior Coordinator, Marketing Operations (1)
- Director, EHS (1)
- Senior HRBP (1)
- Sterile Drug Product Technology Co-Op (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Senior Research Associate II (1)
- Finance (1)
- Scientist (1)
- Contractor (1)
- Clinical (1)
- Clinical Study Manager (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.
Run of the mill...Online application followed by phone screening. Spoke to two hiring managers regarding the position. Asked basic questions about my research as well as some probing questions to gauge my critical thinking skills. At the end of the day it was not the right fit for my skill set. Everyone was friendly and professional.
- About my research Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals (Lexington, MA) in January 2015.
Interview was friendly and welcoming. Good questions and the interviewer listened to all answers and asked for additional feedback and clarification when needed. Very comfortable and non threatening. Encourage giving specific examples when asked and to reiterate the issue, the action taken and the outcome.
- tell about a challenge and how you overcame it Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals in December 2014.
Behavioral interview techniques were used. 3 rounds of interviewing with the entire team. Initial phone interview and then 2 rounds of in person interviews. Each interviewer gave you a specific problem/ issue for which you had to identify the issue, what you did and the outcome for the same
- How did you deal with a difficult outcome of a project and got buy in Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
Lots of behavioral questions. It was a long day - 30 mins per person. Everyone goes over time leading to a rushed feeling throughout. They dont (or didnt) factor in a bio break. Lunch was a talking lunch, so there was no rest there.
- Very few technical questions. That was covered in general banter. They tend to stick to their script of behavioral questions. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.
The interview was 30 minutes. The Senior manager is very nice and considerate to the interviewee. He asked if I knew about the techniques used in this projects, any previous experiences, and the current experience. He asked how I will commute to work, what my strengths and weaknesses are. The overal experience was really good, and I didn't feel tense from the interiew.
- Do you know about lyopilization? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals (Lexington, MA) in November 2014.
The interview process was seamless. I knew the manager that was hiring me from a previous job experience and so she already knew my capabilities. I had a very different interview process than normal.
- Please explain your previous job responsibilities. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals (Lexington, MA) in April 2014.
the interview is relatively easy, and it takes half day. Have talked with several employees one-on-one. Most of them are technical questions, while a few are behavior questions. Most of the interviewers are scientists and they are very nice. The interview process was nice and friendly.
- what can you contribute to our company Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals (Lexington, MA) in March 2014.
The interview process was conducted very expediently. I was able to speak to the hiring manager and a potential co-worker right away. The people I spoke with were very open about the culture and good work ahead. They were very professional and one could tell that they inspired a true sense of collaboration. I received a follow up call from the hiring manager, personally, within the given timeframe, giving me the disposition of the interview process - which was very refreshing!
- It was everything that I expected Answer Question
- No Offer
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.
I was called for a phone interview and then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, the HR representative, and several lead programmers.
- When you are explaining a difficult concept to an audience, how do you know if they don't understand what you are talking about? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cubist Pharmaceuticals.
Many, many e-mail and phone interviews for an internship position. Takes up a lot of time without a lot of feedback for how the processes is going and moving. Seems like a good work environment with friendly staff, but interview process was somewhat overwhelming and unfulfilling for getting a "Feel" about the job and its/supervisor's expectations.
- After two months of interviews, I was told I was not qualified, and to explain in the interview why I should be hired. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review