Culinary Institute Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Culinary Institute

Director of Public Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Culinary Institute (Saint Helena, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called by the HR Director after the initial application while I was on vacation (mid-July). She conducted a brief telephone interview. They claimed to be highly motivated and looking to fill the position by August 1st. They requested an in person interview that required me to leave the vacation a day early. The interview was at their main campus located in the former Christian Bros. winery. I sat through three interviews, first the HR director, then the college president and then the chief chef (equivalent to the provost in most colleges). All were very enthusiastic and reiterated their commitment to fill the position by August 1. After that interview there was nothing but silence. No rejection letter, no phone calls, no emails... nothing. I made several inquiries as to the status as August 1 approached and received no response. None of the above parties answered their phones or returned messages. I continued on with my job search and was eventually hired at the end of September by another academic institution. In mid-November..... approximately 4 and a half months after the interview I received an email advising the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was low key. Strictly qualifications review and discussion regarding my background and experience.   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Culinary Institute (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by the Recruiter for a phone interview in regards to the Admissions Recruiter position. We talked for about 20 minutes about my background, going down the list of jobs one by one. I answered some questions about my motivation and what I was looking for in a company, and my salary expectations. I didn't hear back from him.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Culinary Institute (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in January 2012.

Interview

asking the experience i have