Culinary Institute

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Public Safety Interview

Director of Public Safety
Saint Helena, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Culinary Institute in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by the HR Director after the initial application while I was on vacation (mid-July). She conducted a brief telephone interview. They claimed to be highly motivated and looking to fill the position by August 1st. They requested an in person interview that required me to leave the vacation a day early. The interview was at their main campus located in the former Christian Bros. winery. I sat through three interviews, first the HR director, then the college president and then the chief chef (equivalent to the provost in most colleges). All were very enthusiastic and reiterated their commitment to fill the position by August 1. After that interview there was nothing but silence. No rejection letter, no phone calls, no emails... nothing. I made several inquiries as to the status as August 1 approached and received no response. None of the above parties answered their phones or returned messages. I continued on with my job search and was eventually hired at the end of September by another academic institution. In mid-November..... approximately 4 and a half months after the interview I received an email advising the position was filled.

Interview Question – The entire interview was low key. Strictly qualifications review and discussion regarding my background and experience.   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Admissions Officer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Culinary Institute in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the Recruiter for a phone interview in regards to the Admissions Recruiter position. We talked for about 20 minutes about my background, going down the list of jobs one by one. I answered some questions about my motivation and what I was looking for in a company, and my salary expectations. I didn't hear back from him.

Interview Question – What motivates you as an employee?   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef
Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Culinary Institute in January 2012.

Interview Details – asking the experience i have

Interview Question – asking why im taking up employment in there company   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Culinary Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Culinary Institute interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Culinary Institute employees and interview candidates.