Cullen/Frost Bankers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frost, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (Frost, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR a few days later asking if I would like to go in for a interview. The interview was held at the main office downtown and it seemed like a very nice and professional atmosphere. Not a very diverse group of people however. I thought I nailed it, especially with my business background. The following day an email was sent to me saying they had decided to pursue other candidates and the job posting was then removed from the site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? why frost? tell me about a time you put a customer first?   Answer Question

ARM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview

Interview is held with 5 members or the regional staff. The process last about 2 hours. You can expect to be asked to sell something to one of the regional staff memebers during the interview process

Interview Questions

• Sell me on why I should use this pen.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for an ARM salary

Relationship Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview

4 interviews total. (1) with the local HR (2) with the area manager (3) with the credit manager (4) with the market president. You can be asked to have more than one interview in a day. Each interview was about an hour. An offer was made a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Background info from college CPA and number of accounting courses, to credit training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They made an offer, just above my current pay. They said the annual bonus compensation was great, but it is not.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview

Applied and received a call from a Frost HR recruiter within about 3 weeks to schedule an interview. Very nice staff and relatively short interview determining which types experience do you possess that deal directly with payroll. Asked a few questions about what led you to Frost. Now waiting for a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why a career with a banking institution? And what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was downtown fort worth where I had to valet my car. The third one was with three stiff old ladies at camp bowie. They should pay me for wasting so much of my time and gas! They weren't even sure which location they were hiring for. They changed the location 3 times.

Interview Questions

• What was your first job, what was the culture of your last job (this is were I bombed) you have to wear 2 layers is that OK..   Answer Question

Associate Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Noticed Frost at career fair at my university and spoke with alumni who worked there. Dropped my resume there in addition to submitting my information online. Heard back a few weeks later via e-mail and telephone follow up. Scheduled interview followed. Met with executive lending team in region of about 6-10 people at one time. All behavioral interview questions. Heavy focus on relationships and getting to know you beyond what your resume says.

Negotiation

Given offer immediately following interview. Couple of weeks is given to accept/decline offer if you ask for it. No negotiation bc of the entry level job type.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview

Took around 2 hours. Interview with HR and later with the hiring manager. Friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to learn new thing which you are not comfortable or done in past   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview

I was interviewing for the ARM position, the HR team contacted me setting up a phone interview. When the interview day rolled around they never called, so I called and the lady was "out of the office" and then within the next week I got an email saying it was such a pleasure to get to know you and talk with you (when in fact I didn't speak with anyone) and they gave me the whole we are pursing other people.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The HR department contacted me and said she seen my resume and wanted to call me in for an interview. I went in the following week and she asked me general questions pertaining to my resume. Scheduled the 2nd interview the same day. Went in 2 days later spoke with 2 women, no behaviorial based questions. Waited 2 weeks then finally got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary, I was happy with it.

Customer Representative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The first interview was pretty casual. The HR lady I spoke with was very nice! It was more like having a conversation than being drilled with questions. The second interview felt more like a regular interview, so I am glad that I had prepared for those questions. My advice is dress for success like a bank employee, prepare ahead of time, come early, be positive, and of course be yourself. If they want to hire you, you will know. The job process is pretty quick compared to other places, so I was really happy about that. If a couple weeks have gone by and no one has contacted you, then the position has probably been filled. Don't worry though, there are many great opportunities there. I didn't get offered a job until my second try at another position.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake at a previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I decided not to negotiate because I was very satisfied with what was offered. It's a great company and it offers many benefits. That's a rare combination these days. If you get a job offer, I would accept it.