Cullen/Frost Bankers

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview Details – Applied and received a call from a Frost HR recruiter within about 3 weeks to schedule an interview. Very nice staff and relatively short interview determining which types experience do you possess that deal directly with payroll. Asked a few questions about what led you to Frost. Now waiting for a call back.

Interview Question – Why a career with a banking institution? And what do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Associate Relationship Manager Interview

Associate Relationship Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in November 2013.

Interview Details – Noticed Frost at career fair at my university and spoke with alumni who worked there. Dropped my resume there in addition to submitting my information online. Heard back a few weeks later via e-mail and telephone follow up. Scheduled interview followed. Met with executive lending team in region of about 6-10 people at one time. All behavioral interview questions. Heavy focus on relationships and getting to know you beyond what your resume says.

Negotiation Details – Given offer immediately following interview. Couple of weeks is given to accept/decline offer if you ask for it. No negotiation bc of the entry level job type.

Teller Interview

Teller
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was downtown fort worth where I had to valet my car. The third one was with three stiff old ladies at camp bowie. They should pay me for wasting so much of my time and gas! They weren't even sure which location they were hiring for. They changed the location 3 times.

Interview Question – What was your first job, what was the culture of your last job (this is were I bombed) you have to wear 2 layers is that OK..   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in May 2011.

Interview Details – called me up for an interview. basic questions of experience and personality,

called me up for a second interview with hiring manager.

was fast and pretty straight forward

Interview Question – a time with a difficult customer and how did i handle it   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview Details – Took around 2 hours. Interview with HR and later with the hiring manager. Friendly atmosphere

Interview Question – How will you be able to learn new thing which you are not comfortable or done in past   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in June 2013.

Interview Details – The HR department contacted me and said she seen my resume and wanted to call me in for an interview. I went in the following week and she asked me general questions pertaining to my resume. Scheduled the 2nd interview the same day. Went in 2 days later spoke with 2 women, no behaviorial based questions. Waited 2 weeks then finally got the offer.

Interview Question – none, interview was very formal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate the salary, I was happy with it.

Associate Relationship Manager Interview

Associate Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for the ARM position, the HR team contacted me setting up a phone interview. When the interview day rolled around they never called, so I called and the lady was "out of the office" and then within the next week I got an email saying it was such a pleasure to get to know you and talk with you (when in fact I didn't speak with anyone) and they gave me the whole we are pursing other people.

Interview Question – I have no idea I didn't get to interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple and fast. She read over my resume and asked questions pertaining to my experience and skills.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. All questions were expected; "Why would you like to work for Frost?"   Answer Question

Customer Representative Position Interview

Customer Representative Position
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers in May 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was pretty casual. The HR lady I spoke with was very nice! It was more like having a conversation than being drilled with questions. The second interview felt more like a regular interview, so I am glad that I had prepared for those questions. My advice is dress for success like a bank employee, prepare ahead of time, come early, be positive, and of course be yourself. If they want to hire you, you will know. The job process is pretty quick compared to other places, so I was really happy about that. If a couple weeks have gone by and no one has contacted you, then the position has probably been filled. Don't worry though, there are many great opportunities there. I didn't get offered a job until my second try at another position.

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake at a previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I decided not to negotiate because I was very satisfied with what was offered. It's a great company and it offers many benefits. That's a rare combination these days. If you get a job offer, I would accept it.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cullen/Frost Bankers.

Interview Details – Phone call from HR the same day I applied! This was promising.

Went onsite for an interview with the VP and section manager. Things went well.
Sent a follow up letter the next day. Called HR a week later. Nothing.

It's been 8 weeks.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with Scrum?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cullen/Frost Bankers

Worked for Cullen/Frost Bankers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cullen/Frost Bankers interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cullen/Frost Bankers employees and interview candidates.