Culligan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.4

Commercial/Industriak Service Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Culligan.

Was refered by a friend. I had basic plumbing knowledge but noe of water filters. After 8 years in the business it all worked out. My knowledge I have gained has helped gain employment in other places

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fenton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Culligan in February 2014.

The interview was very thorough. It lasted about an hour and he had a list of questions he had to ask and wrote down my response. He said he'd send them to their headquarters. And HR would do the screening and hiring. Prior to the interview I had a 10 minute screening by phone and a 25 minute phone interview with another person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portsmouth, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Culligan in June 2014.

When I went in for the interview the office looked like a disaster. I met with the head of sales and he spoke most of the interview. Really seemed like he was trying to sell me on working there more than he was interested in my background. At the end of the interview I was given the impression I could have the job if I wanted it. I contacted him the next day accepting the position, then was told there was another interview with the owner and he wouldn't be back for a few days. After a few days I contacted the sales manager to set up an interview with the owner (because he was the only contact I had) and never got a response.

The company seems like it has very poor retention of employees. It seemed unorganized and just didn't feel right for some reason.

Don't go here.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Culligan in November 2011.

Warm body? Able to communicate clearly? Got some git up and go? Had a series of two interviews to land the job. Water can be very technical and a little daunting to learn so hitting the books for the first few months is expected. OJT is typically done with an experienced rep, so, with a little effort can be achieved.

After 3 month training and such, went to straight commission.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Endicott, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Culligan.

They call you in, ask simple questions and you're done. simple as that no need to panic they are very reassuring and polite and give you a genuine office feel. But i would run, the management is a total joke!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zanesville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Culligan.

Applied for a different position but got a call within 5 minutes of submitting my resume by the GM of the dealership. Had a 30+ minute phone conversation with him and he asked to meet with me the next day at one of the office locations. We went to a nearby restaurant and had lunch while discussing what they're looking for. The GM was very upfront and informational with every question I had (may be dealer specific but $500 weekly draw for training then %100 commission thereafter, commission starts at 10% of sales with gross volume increases based on monthly targets that scales to +14% once you beat that. A W2 position with insurance and access to 401k (match the first 3% and half the next %2))

Took a quick personality test and they are asking I generate my own leads to start, and they scheduled a physical with a 50lb lift test, a background check and a drug screen. Also was given access to an online training portal that has about 30 hours worth of slideshows/quizzes to demonstrate knowledge and pass the internal sales license they require you complete before you can start going on runs. It is simple/easy but time consuming. They also have a training program where they send the new sales hires to Chicago for a week to train with corporate, I assume in a classroom environment.

GM was extremely honest about his current sales force, that are making between 30-40k surviving on leads alone. He hammered home the honest/ethical no pressure sales process they subscribe to, and it didn't seem to be just lip service.

I am looking forward to joining their team.

Interview Questions
    • It was unexpected that they are asking I supply my own leads to start, which is usually the tell for a weak or underfunded marketing department. But this may be specific to my situation/dealer.   View Answer
    Position is 100% commission so the negotiation revolved around resources made available and time frame expectations, and percentage of sales is non negotiable as its a franchise model.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Culligan in January 2008.

I called on the phone and left a message. They called me back and asked if i could come in for an interview. They asked me why i wanted to work for them. And if i was okay with working an open sales territory. They asked me if i was okay with soliciting commercial accounts. They asked me if i had any previous water sales experience.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Culligan in December 2009.

Very easy going. Made you feel you had a real shot at getting the job. Unfortunately no follow up to inform you that you did not get the job.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Culligan in April 2009.

Coordinated by HR. Promised follow-up phone calls repeatedly by HR and they never came.

Interview Questions
    • We are extremely lean. How will you faire in this environment?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Culligan in June 2011.

Was asked to complete a pretty detailed questionaire which was actually helpful to understand exactly what they were looking for from the candidate. Inital phone screen was with a recruiter and she was very pleasant and nice to work with. Next inerview was with HR director and again she was very pleasant but also very thorough. Next interview was with boss and then he had me meet, at a different time another person on the team and a different HR person. Extremely lengthy process!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have received negative feedback   Answer Question

Worked for Culligan? Contribute to the Community!