Cultural Care Au Pair Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.0

Local Childcare Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair.

Interview

Interview process was well organized. After initial group interview which explained the program, job duties/responsibilties, applicants who expressed interest were assigned to interview with a regional director. Interview was conducted by Skype so it is helpful to have a headset & video that is properly working and at optimum levels. Also, be prepared to be dressed in business casual attire. Interview lasted 30 minutes with questions asking about past employment history, experience with international culture and/or experience working with youth.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas for monthly meetings you would host with au pairs?   1 Answer

Local Childcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

Skype Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the tasks all have certain pay rates, non-negotiable

Au Pair Interview

Interview

long process to get a chance and you need to wait for a good host family. Photos and video are necessary.

LLC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair in December 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online, within a week I was invited to a webinar to learn more about the position. The position seemed like a lot of fun and I was really excited about the opportunity. I expressed interest in moving forward to the next step and had a Skype interview within the next week. I had to be very proactive about it though as I never did hear from the recruiter who was supposed to contact, according to the information received in the webinar.

Interview Questions

• The interview really didn't take place as I was informed that they actually didn't have any openings in my area - but if I was interested in a sales position they could offer me that. She said they'd keep me in mind for any future openings and that was the end of it.   Answer Question

I declined because I'm not really interested in sales. It seems like they could have informed me of this prior to waiting two weeks to interview and jumping through their hoops to get there. They require that you live within 20-30 minutes of the area you service, and I live in a pretty rural area. I said I was fine with traveling up to 60 minutes but no go. They did have openings in areas within 60 minutes of me.

Local Childcare Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair.

Interview

It was really relaxed hiring process commited through skype.

Assistant to Training School Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenvale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair (Greenvale, NY).

Interview

This was fairly informal. I got this job through the events center on my university campus. There didn't seem to be much competition for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted an online application with resume after seeing the position advertised in my local area on craigslist. I was contacted via email by the recruitment and training team 7 hours later inviting me to participate in an informational Webex session online before scheduling a one-on-one interview. I accepted the invitation to participate in the online informational setting, reviewing all the information provided on the Cultural Care website beforehand. Including me, there were three participants in Webex meeting. The Cultural Care rep went through a lengthy powerpoint and then allowed for us to ask questions. The only new information presented by the Cultural Care rep was background on their sister company (EF) and, most importantly, that before receiving families to supervise, the LCC would have to complete 25 hours of paid online training, in addition to shadowing a current LCC. Of course, I anticipated some training, but not up to a month's worth for a part-time gig. The next day another Cultural Care rep contacted me to schedule a skype interview, writing that it would take approximately 1.5 hours. It ended up taking about an hour, and I talked a lot! Off the bat, my interviewer asked why I was interested in this position now. (Most LCCs are stay-at-home mom type's, not young professionals.) I explained how I had participated in cultural exchange programs and lived with host families, and was looking for a way to spend the interim period between now and grad school doing something that I was passionate about. At this point, the interviewer told me up front that she could not hire me unless I was willing to commit to a full cycle of au pairs, 18 months. This was not mentioned on the website or during the info session. It also came to light that LCCs MUST be willing to provide transitional/emergency housing for au pairs for a max of 2 weeks. Although Cultural Care compensates at $18/day, I live with my parents now and couldn't commit to that over skype. The rest of the interview went very well. The interview took her time and listened to me, while also providing frank feedback about Cultural Care's policies and the potential difficulties of the position. Overall, I believe the interviewer thought I was a good fit for the position. However, the way we left it was for me to contact them once I figured out for sure if I could sign up for an 18 month commitment and provide transitional/emergency housing.

Interview Questions

• What would a potential weakness be for you as an LCC?   1 Answer

As a part-time position that pays very litte (I wanted to do it for the experience and skills development), I did not anticipate an 18-month commitment being required. They could have been more upfront about that, seeing as I had to participate in an hour-long info session before the one-on-one interview. I just can't make that time commitment for anything less than a full-time position with potential for growth. I really did see this as a great learning opportunity to manage cultural exchanges, and I am disappointed it didn't work out.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair (Cambridge, MA) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a group interview process. Several of us were cycled through several interviews. It was intense but gave a good sense for what the job was and who we would be working with. They were clearly looking for someone with a particular personality.

Negotiation

They made a quick offer.

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2013.

Interview

First - a presentation about life as an au pair in the US. Second - a very informal, ten-minute sit-down interview regarding your own motivation to be an au pair. Third/Final - after being accepted to the company, a web application taking about two hours.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The most complicated one was to explain your view on how children should be raised.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Au Pair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cultural Care Au Pair (Vienna (Austria)) in October 2011.

Interview

-complete initial interview after attending informational meeting in one of the main cities -complete paperwork including pictures, video, reviews and submit it online -correspondence with CCA office re how to improve -sign up for additional child care hours

Interview Questions

• How would you cook a traditional German/Austrian dish? Describe an ideal day with children..   Answer Question