Cummins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation? Are you kidding?

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in April 2010.

Interview Details – 6 interviewers
3 Sourcing managers
3 sourcing directors
- Just reading from the list.
-feels like they ask the whole department to interview me
- typical questions

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary   Answer Question

IT Risk Manager Interview

Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins in December 2012.

Interview Details – After applying on line I got a phone interview with the hiring mgr right before Christmas. He represented Cummins well and didn't serve up any tricked-up questions. He said the next step would be interviews with his peers (mgr, director-level) some point after the holidays.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult manager to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern Interview

Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cummins in January 2013.

Interview Details – telephone interview
1. self introduction
2. why cummins?
3. what position? why this positiob?
4. behavioral question

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you take some credits for an achievement, but it turns out someone else help you in the process.   View Answers (2)

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in October 2012.

Interview Details – School notified me of Cummins coming on campus for interviews and and asked for resume. Sent resume directly to Cummins instead of school. Contacted the next day for full 2 hour phone interview with resume, behavior, and technical based questions. Was contacted by phone 2 days before arriving on campus with an offer. Invited for on site visit with recruiters and future hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you handle a disagreement with a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Based on grade for position

Manufacturing Development Program Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Development Program Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy interview and very welcoming for the candidates over all a very good experience. first HR interview then Hiring manager telephonic interview then onsite interview with three rounds

Interview Question – Tell me the situation where Luck favoured you and where hard work favoured?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in November 2010.

Interview Details – Several stages to go through. You must pass the behavior interview followed by the professional one. Then you will be in an on-site interview. There are no actually "correct" answers in the behavior interview. Just be yourself. The professional interview was much difficult. You will talk to several experienced managers and they may emphasize on what you put in your resume. So never brag in your resume otherwise you will get nailed hard.

Interview Question – I was asked to go through my thesis. You need to convey it in a way which people not in the direct field can still understand.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in March 2012.

Interview Details – originally got a email and phone interview. the recruiters were incredibly rude and i was immediately displeased. they sounded unprofessional and bored throughout the entire phone call. i'm honestly relieved it was only on the phone and not in person.

Interview Question – none were unexpected   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Columbus, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews (by HR and Hiring manager) and the final on-site interview with 5 people (three managers from different functions, one finance director). Got verbal offer by phone in a week and got the official offer via email in two weeks.

Interview Question – Went through my resume substantially. Several basic behavioral questions. What's your goal? How to deal with muti-task; Define success; Good work ethic examples...one accounting/finance related questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in April 2012.

Interview Details – Seemed to be a scripted process with questions overlapping from from the various participants.

Interview Question – Preparation eliminated any difficulty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult to negotiable. The salary seemed to have already been fixed. In retrospect, the recruiter had indicated that he did not want to waste my time if I my requirements were outside of a certain dollar range. I incorrectly assumed a bit of flexibility in that statement .

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummins