Cummins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Obd Engineer Interview

Senior Obd Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – It was full day interview about 5 hours interview with 5 different leads/managers - all of whom represented different but related engineering area like software, design, project manager, application lead.
After that about half an hour of hr interview.

Mos of questions were based on their standard behavior questionnaire e.g. Describe conflict situation , give example of innovation, best practice used etc. since all of the questions are open ended you have relate it to your past experiences and examples.

Interview Question – Question on managing customer demands and requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I regret it. I later got to know many who were able negotiate 10000 increase on first offer. So be sure to negotiate it but only after you get first written offer. During hr interview just tell them you are flexible.

Mechanical Engineering Technician Interview

Mechanical Engineering Technician
Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview Details – The process was very fast and was not much of an interview but more of an information session.

Interview Question – Some technical things on measuring engine bores.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you got what you were going to get.

Thermal and Fluid Sciences Intern Interview

Thermal and Fluid Sciences Intern
Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – I got in touch with the recruiting team at the campus career fair. They set up an on campus interview the next day. It was an easy behavioral question based interview, and I was given a timeline of two weeks in which the company would get back. I got an email, to schedule for a phone interview. The guy who interviewed me, I later learnt was a functional excellence leader in the organization. This interview went in detail about my past work, resume, a couple of technical questions, but nothing very difficult. I got the offer through a phone call from the person who interviewed me, within 10 days.

Interview Question – 1. Describe a time when you could not get along with a colleague and how you resolved the problem
2. Describe a situation where you faced something unexpected, and how you dealt with it.
  Answer Question

Applied Mechanics Engineer - Co-Op - Fall 2013 Interview

Applied Mechanics Engineer - Co-Op - Fall 2013
Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in June 2013.

Interview Details – -> Had submitted the application by first week of June.

--> HR contacted me to schedule on behavioral interview in the second week.

-> Completed a behavioral interview in the same week (Duration: 40 mins) .

--> HR contacted me to schedule on functional interview in the third week.

-> Completed their functional interview in the fourth week of June(Duration: 60 mins - Grilled)

-> Got the offer within 4 business days after the functional interview.

Interview Question – Explain the most innovative idea or concept that you have implemented with limited use of resources   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No thoughts of negotiation. Great salary for co-ops...

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews. 1st interview is a general one by HR representative. 2nd one is by your hiring manager. The 2nd one is the decisive one because it is more specific and your hiring manager gets the final say in the decision.

The 1st interview lasted for about 30 minutes while the 2nd one lasted for about 1 hour and was quite a thorough grilling. Was questioned about past projects and team experiences.

Interview Question – If there was one skill in particular that you wish you had been taught at school, what would it be? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couldn't negotiate salary but negotiated the length of the internship.

Operations Assistant Interview

Operations Assistant
Columbus, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy. It took a long time for HR to write a job description. After initial interview it was 2 months before I was told I was hired. The culture at Tahoe COB is somewhat stuffy but is relaxing some. Dress business professional for the interview.

Interview Question – What is your worst regret and what was your greatest achievement, either personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation room.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation? Are you kidding?

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in April 2010.

Interview Details – 6 interviewers
3 Sourcing managers
3 sourcing directors
- Just reading from the list.
-feels like they ask the whole department to interview me
- typical questions

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary   Answer Question

IT Risk Manager Interview

IT Risk Manager
Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins in December 2012.

Interview Details – After applying on line I got a phone interview with the hiring mgr right before Christmas. He represented Cummins well and didn't serve up any tricked-up questions. He said the next step would be interviews with his peers (mgr, director-level) some point after the holidays.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult manager to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cummins in January 2013.

Interview Details – telephone interview
1. self introduction
2. why cummins?
3. what position? why this positiob?
4. behavioral question

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you take some credits for an achievement, but it turns out someone else help you in the process.   View Answers (2)