Cummins DESIGN Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2010.

Interview

The people at company seemed very polite . I had a phone interview and 5 interviews during the onsite visit. The interviewers were interested in the work I had done and my background. During the phone interview I was grilled about my internships mentioned on my resume.I was asked to explain my projects on the whiteboard.Long interviews and maintaining the energy levels was a challenge.

Interview Questions

• Explain your role in any team based project you did?Waht did you learn from the experience.   Answer Question
  • What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview

The company contacted me quickly after I submitted my resume and proceeded to interview me the next week. They then offered me a job immediately following my interview and sent me an official job offer within 2 weeks. The staff that I communicated with were all very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

School notified me of Cummins coming on campus for interviews and and asked for resume. Sent resume directly to Cummins instead of school. Contacted the next day for full 2 hour phone interview with resume, behavior, and technical based questions. Was contacted by phone 2 days before arriving on campus with an offer. Invited for on site visit with recruiters and future hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Based on grade for position

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in January 2013.

Interview

They ask behavior questions. And about my previous work experience and my project. The interview is like 30 Min 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the most difficult experience in your work place and how you manage it?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Cummins in January 2012.

Interview

Process took 6 months, met recruiter at a career fair, had an interview that day, and didn't hear back for 3 months, then got to meet the hiring manager, a few months later I got the offer with little time to accept.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, behavioral based, and involved a few technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

Campus interview - Behavioral ( Questions about cultural experiences, examples of innovation, roadblocks, technical writing, etc.) Primarily looking for demonstration of core values. Elimination round. Phone interview - Resume based - Technical (usually with team offering the job. Fairly straightforward. Technical communication given emphasis.) - Elimination round. On-site interview - Resume based - Technical (Depending on role, may or may not be elimination round. Sometimes, a facility tour is given followed by offer letter. Other times, it might be a series of interviews with the team asking for a presentation or similar)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of innovation that you have shown at work   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cummins offer is industry standard and probably a little above average. Negotiation is very hard since the salary is pre-decided based on grade, role and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was through a third party who helped with the interview but denied any negotiation. The interview process was straight forward with questions being asked about my projects and previous experience.Though I had 6 1 on 1 on the same day which became a bit tiring and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• How did you innovate on your projets?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. I was not able to negotiate as their was a 3rd party involved and was denied any negotiation by him.

Application

Interview

The interview was majorly based on my experience and interests.The first round of interview was telephonic and second round was 1:1 interviews with the entire team. Cummins looks to match the interviewee with its culture and see if there is a fit. My previous experience and situational questions based on it formed the crux of the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a situation where you faced with a problem of dealing with technical nature and you used teamwork to solve it.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about some instances where you were had to use creative skills to solve a problem and use analytical skills to zero down on a certain solution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

The communication was very friendly, and it was not intimidating at all. They initiated the interview during a recruitment visit to my school. There was a career coach and a recent graduate present at the interview. My impression of the company was extremely positive. My company visit was very encouraging, it was very much an encouraging experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with relocating?   1 Answer
    • What would be the purpose of spark plugs in a diesel engine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel that it was necessary to negotiate. Their initial offer was extremely satisfactory.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Interview

Job fair-Campus interview-Looking forward to their reply

Interview Questions

• Tasks failed to achieve?   1 Answer
    • What do u know about the company?   1 Answer