Cummins

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I applied to an engineering position online in May 2014 and received an email from a Cummins recruiter in July 2014. A phone interview was scheduled a couple days after this initial contact. The interview, as most other interview experiences seem to have been, was just an initial screening interview with questions primarily focused on current work experiences and reasons why I was interested in working at Cummins. After being told I would hear back from them "soon" regarding next steps in the interview process, I never heard back from the recruiter after a few follow-up emails and phone calls.

Interview Questions
  • If you enjoy your current job, why are you looking to pursue a career with Cummins? Why the change?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in January 2013.

They ask behavior questions. And about my previous work experience and my project. The interview is like 30 Min 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one of the most difficult experience in your work place and how you manage it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2012.

School notified me of Cummins coming on campus for interviews and and asked for resume. Sent resume directly to Cummins instead of school. Contacted the next day for full 2 hour phone interview with resume, behavior, and technical based questions. Was contacted by phone 2 days before arriving on campus with an offer. Invited for on site visit with recruiters and future hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Based on grade for position

Design Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cummins in January 2012.

Process took 6 months, met recruiter at a career fair, had an interview that day, and didn't hear back for 3 months, then got to meet the hiring manager, a few months later I got the offer with little time to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, behavioral based, and involved a few technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

The communication was very friendly, and it was not intimidating at all. They initiated the interview during a recruitment visit to my school. There was a career coach and a recent graduate present at the interview. My impression of the company was extremely positive. My company visit was very encouraging, it was very much an encouraging experience.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with relocating?   View Answer
    • What would be the purpose of spark plugs in a diesel engine?   View Answer
    I did not feel that it was necessary to negotiate. Their initial offer was extremely satisfactory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2010.

Campus interview - Behavioral ( Questions about cultural experiences, examples of innovation, roadblocks, technical writing, etc.) Primarily looking for demonstration of core values. Elimination round.
    Phone interview - Resume based - Technical (usually with team offering the job. Fairly straightforward. Technical communication given emphasis.) - Elimination round.
    On-site interview - Resume based - Technical (Depending on role, may or may not be elimination round. Sometimes, a facility tour is given followed by offer letter. Other times, it might be a series of interviews with the team asking for a presentation or similar)

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of innovation that you have shown at work   View Answer
    Cummins offer is industry standard and probably a little above average. Negotiation is very hard since the salary is pre-decided based on grade, role and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in September 2010.

The interview was majorly based on my experience and interests.The first round of interview was telephonic and second round was 1:1 interviews with the entire team. Cummins looks to match the interviewee with its culture and see if there is a fit. My previous experience and situational questions based on it formed the crux of the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a situation where you faced with a problem of dealing with technical nature and you used teamwork to solve it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about some instances where you were had to use creative skills to solve a problem and use analytical skills to zero down on a certain solution.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

The hiring process was through a third party who helped with the interview but denied any negotiation. The interview process was straight forward with questions being asked about my projects and previous experience.Though I had 6 1 on 1 on the same day which became a bit tiring and repetitive.

Interview Questions
    No. I was not able to negotiate as their was a 3rd party involved and was denied any negotiation by him.

Design Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Job fair-Campus interview-Looking forward to their reply

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

The company contacted me quickly after I submitted my resume and proceeded to interview me the next week. They then offered me a job immediately following my interview and sent me an official job offer within 2 weeks. The staff that I communicated with were all very friendly.