Cummins Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. That same evening I got a call about an interview for the next day. My interview lasted 45 minutes. It was very well done. Two weeks later I got an answer from their management about a technical interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied for on campus interview through my university. All of you have to do is upload your resume The company officials emailed me. They were very nice and mostly asked personality questions and wanted to know more about your projects. My biggest disadvantage was that I was a freshman and didn't have too much to say about in my resume. If you have adequate experience and a likable personality the process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly personal Questions like tell me about a time when you had a fight with your teammate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, first round, all behavioral questions. There were two staff one for asking questions and another for recording. Not a lot questions, and all the questions were the same I think for all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions like what did you do when you have conflict with your teammates, what did you do when you had a bad relationship with your team members.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

Interview

The behavior interview followed a list of question pre-prepared. It is Friday afternoon and the interviewer sounds sleepy, so I didn't get very good feedback. The interview focuses more on what type of person you are and how you reacts to certain situation. They did asked some ordinary questions like describe your challenge or similar stuff.

Interview Questions

• What you will do if a job comes with no specific instructions.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for EE engineer. Had Behavioral interview first. It was telephonic and were standard questions from glassdoor. Then had Funtional Technical interview scheduled after 2 weeks. Asked technical details in the projects i did like what values you used in the projects etc.. Asked about my undergraduate experiences, Microcontroller experiences and design, experience with matlab, brief view of cruise control system, and how does cruise control works if you are going uphill and downhill, Data acquisition. Answered all of them except data acquisition but got rejection the next day via email

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I got Interviewed by cummins through college recruiting. interviewed 1 week after that. the questions are expected, nothing special. for the first step is behavioral. they willd just go through your resume, ask some details, and some more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when do you face your most difficult situation.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through college career fair and interviewed at my university. I've finished the first round and all of them are behavior questions. Then the interviewer and I talked about the company culture and career path. The interviewer is a serious guy and did not smile or give much feedback to me. He said they will notify me in two or three weeks and the second round(also the final round) will be a phone interview. The function manager will ask technical questions. The interview is all about behavior questions, no technical things at all. If you prepared behavior questions very well, I think you could do well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time when you are handling new problems. 2. What is the inspiration for the career you chosen? 3. Tell me a time when you are doing something that is not required.   4 Answers

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in February 2013.

Interview

Just received an email from cummins for a phone interview, I gave Cummins my resume about three months ago at the career fair. Coming here to see what others say. I'm not optimistic but will see how it goes. in career fair, I had a very short interview, about 10 minutes, they ask me what I do, and what experience I have, and the ask me to explain more the job I do, they took some notes and that's it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins (Fridley, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Asked simple questions related to internships and prior experience. Got interviewed by three of my future-working team members. What were your key interest subjects and what were your final year project ?

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cummins (Dayton, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through University career fair and was asked to interview on campus. The interview is all about behavior questions and projects on resume