Cummins

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

On campus interview, first round, all behavioral questions. There were two staff one for asking questions and another for recording. Not a lot questions, and all the questions were the same I think for all the interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. Questions like what did you do when you have conflict with your teammates, what did you do when you had a bad relationship with your team members.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Applied for on campus interview through my university. All of you have to do is upload your resume The company officials emailed me. They were very nice and mostly asked personality questions and wanted to know more about your projects. My biggest disadvantage was that I was a freshman and didn't have too much to say about in my resume. If you have adequate experience and a likable personality the process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly personal Questions like tell me about a time when you had a fight with your teammate   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2014.

Interviewed for EE engineer. Had Behavioral interview first. It was telephonic and were standard questions from glassdoor. Then had Funtional Technical interview scheduled after 2 weeks. Asked technical details in the projects i did like what values you used in the projects etc.. Asked about my undergraduate experiences, Microcontroller experiences and design, experience with matlab, brief view of cruise control system, and how does cruise control works if you are going uphill and downhill, Data acquisition. Answered all of them except data acquisition but got rejection the next day via email

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

I got Interviewed by cummins through college recruiting. interviewed 1 week after that. the questions are expected, nothing special. for the first step is behavioral. they willd just go through your resume, ask some details, and some more behavioral questions.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

I applied through college career fair and interviewed at my university.
    I've finished the first round and all of them are behavior questions. Then the interviewer and I talked about the company culture and career path. The interviewer is a serious guy and did not smile or give much feedback to me. He said they will notify me in two or three weeks and the second round(also the final round) will be a phone interview. The function manager will ask technical questions.
    The interview is all about behavior questions, no technical things at all.
    If you prepared behavior questions very well, I think you could do well.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me a time when you are handling new problems.
      2. What is the inspiration for the career you chosen?
      3. Tell me a time when you are doing something that is not required.

View Answers (4)

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in February 2013.

Just received an email from cummins for a phone interview, I gave Cummins my resume about three months ago at the career fair. Coming here to see what others say. I'm not optimistic but will see how it goes. in career fair, I had a very short interview, about 10 minutes, they ask me what I do, and what experience I have, and the ask me to explain more the job I do, they took some notes and that's it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cummins in March 2012.

I got the interview through University career fair and was asked to interview on campus. The interview is all about behavior questions and projects on resume

Electrical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

I got an email asking if I would be interested in interviewing with Cummins. I replied yes, then the recruiter sent me two files one a behavioral questions and then a list of Engineering Job categories available at Cummins. I answered the behavioral questions, a week later I had my phone interview. After two weeks I got a call from the recruiter, I was told I passed the first interview if I would like to schedule an on site interview. Of course I replied yes, getting ready for the on-site interview now.............

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions like; tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?, Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a Co-worker?, describe your greatest innovation?, tell me about a time you had to miss a commitment how did you handle that situation? List three positions you will be interested in at Cummins and why did you choose those positions?   Answer Question