Cummins

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Started with a phone interview from one of the HR guys, it involves behavorial question like "tell us a time when you have to make a difficult decision & how did you go about ir"...it was followed with a technical interview after a couple of weeks, the interviewer is one of the chief engineer & he concentrated his question on technical understanding of IC Engine...still expecting to hear frm then soon

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Engineer Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter about a contract position with Cummins Filtration. The position required a working knowledge of Pro/E Creo. I interview in person and was shown a presentation about what the facility did, and I was shown an example of the type of projects I would be working on if I were to be hired. They asked me about my experience with Pro/E. I also described a design project I worked on in some detail. There weren't many behavioral interview questions. That might have been because it was a contract position that needed to be hired asap to do mostly modeling. After my interview I was given a part to model in Creo. The engineer and the HR individual who interviewed me were amicable.

Interview Questions
    • I was given an injected molded part and a caliper, and I was asked to model it to the best of my ability in a 30 minute period.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions
    • What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

The "process", like all Cummins' processes is like a poorly planned game show with almost a complete lack of necessary verbal communications. There are lots of hoops and paperwork that lead up to several rounds of "interviews" that are structured to be both intimidating and confrontational. Unfortunately, I ignored many of these Red Flags for the lure of a better salary. It was not worth it.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. The participants obviously had been "assigned" the task of interviewing and had no genuine interest. Therefore, "the game" was simply to ask seemingly random or "canned" questions aimed more at trying to highlight the dominance of the interviewer.   Answer Question
    Negotiation? Are you kidding?

Engineer Interview

The process included a phone interview along with a in person panel interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Applied through university. Within the same week , I was emailed by the recruiting team and it was a bunch of behavioral questions. The next week I was interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • When you present in front of people, how do u make sure that they understand what you are saying?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in November 2011.

Phone interview, ask about yourself, experiences, why choose Cummins

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

My initial communication with Cummins was at a collegiate career fair. I gave a recruiter my resume, spoke face to face for a bit, and expressed interest in being a design engineer. A few weeks later I received a surprise phone interview. During the interview I had to answer technical questions, personality questions, and time & situation management questions. The total interview time was about 30 minutes, and there was no follow-up interview.

My advise for interviewees is to try to be yourself without coming across as sounding arrogant. Also, when you are asked technical questions, it's alright to pause for a minute to think of a good answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would might you use a long bolt in double shear as opposed to a shorter bolt?   Answer Question
    • How do you work through the conceptual part of a design process?   Answer Question
    I received an excellent offer right out of the box that did not require extensive negotiation. The one thing that I did need to change, my start date, was easily changed during my confirmation communication.