Cummins

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Pretty straight forward. Applied online and got a call months later. Did one phone interview and passed the behavioral interview portion. Then interviewed with an employee for a technical interview and passed it as well. Will do doing a campus interview next.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in January 2011.

Had an on-campus interview at first. Every questions asked were pretty much behavioral. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager after a month. Similar interview questions on the resume. Then after that had an on-site visit. The on-site visit is basically to check out whether you fit into the team. Had to meet a couple of managers-even a meeting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

There were 2 phone interviews. First was a behavioral type interview. Other was more technical, asking in detail about my resume experience and projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in November 2010.

- Typically, the interview process consists of 3 steps: a 1:1 behavioral phone interview with an outside recruiter, a second phone interview with a Cummins technical group and finally an on-site interview.

I was able to clear the first behavioral interview (50 mins duration).
    Before the technical interview, the Cummins technical group sent me a tech questionnaire based on which the phone interview was conducted the next day (45 min duration). This interview was okay but I felt I could have done better with the initial questions. I couldn't clear this round, so I was not recommended for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview question: Describe an extremely frustrating situation you had to cope with?   View Answer
    • What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in October 2010.

Very nice people and great company

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you were not clear about the project you are working on?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

I first spoke with their recruiters during the career fair in my college. I was invited to interview with them the next day. The interview was behavioral and the recruiter noted my answers. He said they would be getting back to me regarding the next steps in a week. I did not get my second interview till after a month , there were some miss communication and I was even rejected once. So don't be surprised if things don't necessarily fall according to their timeline.

I was then called for a functional interview and was asked to go through my resume, this was a phone interview. It lasted about an hour and was given 15 mins to ask questions. I was then contacted with an offer after about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral, resume questions. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question
    Pretty much non negotiable, but they make really good offers in the first place. Start date is very flexible for new grads as well.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Phone interview then offer directly through email.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult. Mostly why you want to do this job?   View Answer
    Most likely non negotiable

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in September 2012.

Behavioral interview with two interviewers, they went through 5 to 6 standard questions to you and let you ask one question about the company

Interview Questions
    • tell me what you did in a situation where some body gave you can project without clear guidance   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

I met the Cummins recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with one recruiter over my resume, he handed it off to another that I also spoke with. Afterwards, he had me speak with a lady scheduling phone interviews. The phone interviewer sent an e-mail reminding me of the appointment as well as a short questionnaire about experience and Cummins job opportunities. She called on time and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was mostly a behavioral interview, and she commented on my excitement about how I answered them specifically relating to Cummins. It was not very technical, but she did ask about some of my previous experience and projects. She said Cummins would be contacting me within 2-4 weeks and that hiring managers would review my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Cummins?   View Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a project where one team member was not doing as much work (and what did you do)?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in September 2011.

First I talked to the recruiters at my college job fair, where I went over my resume and past experiences. Signed up for an phone interview, which I did the next day. A few weeks later I went to an information session did an on campus interview with an engineer (an alumnus of the college).