Cummins

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview at first. Every questions asked were pretty much behavioral. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager after a month. Similar interview questions on the resume. Then after that had an on-site visit. The on-site visit is basically to check out whether you fit into the team. Had to meet a couple of managers-even a meeting.

Interview Question – how to deal with conflicts?   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Applied online and got a call months later. Did one phone interview and passed the behavioral interview portion. Then interviewed with an employee for a technical interview and passed it as well. Will do doing a campus interview next.

Interview Questions

Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 phone interviews. First was a behavioral type interview. Other was more technical, asking in detail about my resume experience and projects.

Interview Question – What is your strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice people and great company

Interview Question – What did you do when you were not clear about the project you are working on?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – I first spoke with their recruiters during the career fair in my college. I was invited to interview with them the next day. The interview was behavioral and the recruiter noted my answers. He said they would be getting back to me regarding the next steps in a week. I did not get my second interview till after a month , there were some miss communication and I was even rejected once. So don't be surprised if things don't necessarily fall according to their timeline.

I was then called for a functional interview and was asked to go through my resume, this was a phone interview. It lasted about an hour and was given 15 mins to ask questions. I was then contacted with an offer after about two weeks.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral, resume questions. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty much non negotiable, but they make really good offers in the first place. Start date is very flexible for new grads as well.

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Phone interview then offer directly through email.

Interview Question – Not really difficult. Mostly why you want to do this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Most likely non negotiable

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins in September 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with two interviewers, they went through 5 to 6 standard questions to you and let you ask one question about the company

Interview Question – tell me what you did in a situation where some body gave you can project without clear guidance   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in January 2008.

Interview Details – Had a campus interview, waited for a 6 weeks to get a phone interview and after a week was invited for one on one. Given offer the same day

Interview Question – why do u wanna join   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – vacation days

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in September 2011.

Interview Details – First I talked to the recruiters at my college job fair, where I went over my resume and past experiences. Signed up for an phone interview, which I did the next day. A few weeks later I went to an information session did an on campus interview with an engineer (an alumnus of the college).

Interview Question – what are your engineering experiences?   View Answers (3)

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met the Cummins recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with one recruiter over my resume, he handed it off to another that I also spoke with. Afterwards, he had me speak with a lady scheduling phone interviews. The phone interviewer sent an e-mail reminding me of the appointment as well as a short questionnaire about experience and Cummins job opportunities. She called on time and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was mostly a behavioral interview, and she commented on my excitement about how I answered them specifically relating to Cummins. It was not very technical, but she did ask about some of my previous experience and projects. She said Cummins would be contacting me within 2-4 weeks and that hiring managers would review my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cummins?   View Answer
  • Have you ever worked on a project where one team member was not doing as much work (and what did you do)?   Answer Question