Cummins

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

The process included a phone interview along with a in person panel interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Initially they will call you and take behavioral interview. Second round is a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the things which you thought I should ask and I didn't ask?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

I met the Cummins recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with one recruiter over my resume, he handed it off to another that I also spoke with. Afterwards, he had me speak with a lady scheduling phone interviews. The phone interviewer sent an e-mail reminding me of the appointment as well as a short questionnaire about experience and Cummins job opportunities. She called on time and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was mostly a behavioral interview, and she commented on my excitement about how I answered them specifically relating to Cummins. It was not very technical, but she did ask about some of my previous experience and projects. She said Cummins would be contacting me within 2-4 weeks and that hiring managers would review my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Cummins?   View Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a project where one team member was not doing as much work (and what did you do)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

My initial communication with Cummins was at a collegiate career fair. I gave a recruiter my resume, spoke face to face for a bit, and expressed interest in being a design engineer. A few weeks later I received a surprise phone interview. During the interview I had to answer technical questions, personality questions, and time & situation management questions. The total interview time was about 30 minutes, and there was no follow-up interview.

My advise for interviewees is to try to be yourself without coming across as sounding arrogant. Also, when you are asked technical questions, it's alright to pause for a minute to think of a good answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why would might you use a long bolt in double shear as opposed to a shorter bolt?   Answer Question
    • How do you work through the conceptual part of a design process?   Answer Question
    I received an excellent offer right out of the box that did not require extensive negotiation. The one thing that I did need to change, my start date, was easily changed during my confirmation communication.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Phone interview then offer directly through email.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult. Mostly why you want to do this job?   View Answer
    Most likely non negotiable

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

I first spoke with their recruiters during the career fair in my college. I was invited to interview with them the next day. The interview was behavioral and the recruiter noted my answers. He said they would be getting back to me regarding the next steps in a week. I did not get my second interview till after a month , there were some miss communication and I was even rejected once. So don't be surprised if things don't necessarily fall according to their timeline.

I was then called for a functional interview and was asked to go through my resume, this was a phone interview. It lasted about an hour and was given 15 mins to ask questions. I was then contacted with an offer after about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral, resume questions. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question
    Pretty much non negotiable, but they make really good offers in the first place. Start date is very flexible for new grads as well.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in February 2009.

Phone Interview :
    How can you be useful to cummins?
    Why cummins?
    Where do you see yourself 5 years from now ?
    Expected Salary?

Interview Questions
    • what kind of engines does Cummins make and how do they work ?   View Answer
    • what is the difference between internal combustion and external combustion   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in March 2011.

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter to set up an appointment for the phone interview. The recruiter wanted to talk and decide if I would be a fit for the company and could be considered for further stages. So it was really preliminary round. It was a behavioral interview with the typical round of questions starting of with strengths and weaknesses and move to more specific behavioral questions like how I dealt with a conflict with a colleague/co-worker etc

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses both as an individual and as a professional.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in January 2011.

Had an on-campus interview at first. Every questions asked were pretty much behavioral. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager after a month. Similar interview questions on the resume. Then after that had an on-site visit. The on-site visit is basically to check out whether you fit into the team. Had to meet a couple of managers-even a meeting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in November 2010.

- Typically, the interview process consists of 3 steps: a 1:1 behavioral phone interview with an outside recruiter, a second phone interview with a Cummins technical group and finally an on-site interview.

I was able to clear the first behavioral interview (50 mins duration).
    Before the technical interview, the Cummins technical group sent me a tech questionnaire based on which the phone interview was conducted the next day (45 min duration). This interview was okay but I felt I could have done better with the initial questions. I couldn't clear this round, so I was not recommended for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview question: Describe an extremely frustrating situation you had to cope with?   View Answer
    • What do you think are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer