Cummins

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in September 2011.

Interview Details – going for my second interview, so no offer yet but hoping to get one soon.
The interviewers were super nice and made me feel very comfortable.
mostly behavioral questions.
second phone interview coming up

Interview Question – tell us about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in April 2011.

Interview Details – Ask very detailed technical questions and some behaviors questions.

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in July 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter asked me several behavior questions. like, strength and weakness. how to deal conflict with other, describle my self, etc.

Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter to set up an appointment for the phone interview. The recruiter wanted to talk and decide if I would be a fit for the company and could be considered for further stages. So it was really preliminary round. It was a behavioral interview with the typical round of questions starting of with strengths and weaknesses and move to more specific behavioral questions like how I dealt with a conflict with a colleague/co-worker etc

Interview Question – Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses both as an individual and as a professional.   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins in February 2009.

Interview Details – 1-1 Interview with with 5 people with each person testing a specific skillset.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Cannot Negotiate at starting levels. Fixed salary per location and job description.

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in January 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from recruiter for a typical behavioral interview. Standard questions and I was told that I would get a call from a Cummins Technical Manager, if forwarded.

Two weeks later, received a call from a Cummins Technical Manager for another round of phone interview. In depth questions about projects and skills. Overall a positive response. I was told, I would be notified by email if forwarded for an on site interview.

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews:
1st one was with an outside recruiter. Pretty easy. She sent a questionnaire 2 weeks in advance. On the day of the interview, I was asked the same questions. Basically HR Stuff.
Describe situation of conflict
Describe strengths and weaknesses
Describe the most innovative thing you have come up with
What are your future plans - 5 years ahead etc.
What are the positions you are best suited for and why? (she had sent me a list of positions - entry level)

2nd one was a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. He was from the advanced systems design group. This one was pretty difficult. Nothing asked from resume. Was asked a lot of design engineering stuff like difference between form and function, explain the whole process when you designed a product, stress analyses, etc. had to come up with examples for everything. The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes. Got really tough at some points.

Have been told that the decision will be made in 2 weeks. Will post an update once I receive it.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between form and function in a design   Answer Question
  • What type of analysis you used to evaluate the performance of the product and why   Answer Question
  • What types of tool you know. Details about tools, projects etc. Grilled on extent of knowledge of ProE   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

Interview Details – networked at campus career fair and got called by them. Then scheduled an interview over email. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, polite and accommodating.

Interview Question – What are your key weaknesses?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hello, I was contacted by Cummins recruiter and had an interview for 25 minutes. Its an initial screening round. Second one is a phone interview (Technical) with hiring manager. I cleared the second round and they invited me for an onsite visit to Columbus. Can any body explain their experience at the onsite visit and how was the day

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cummins in October 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty basic behavioral interview questions, like how to resolve conflict, etc. There are 2 persons in the room, 1 is doing the interview and the other is typing.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your job?   Answer Question