Cummins Filtration Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied: Received a call 3+ weeks later, done interview with a panel of 3 and a 1 on 1 with HR. I was nervous, and could of spoke more on experience. Still haven't received any feedback afterwards so I'm holding out for positive still.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration.

Interview

Contacted by staffing agency and agreed to interview. Met with the hiring manager. The interview was fairly straightforward. I was asked questions about my resume and experience. I was then shown the area in which I would work and met some of the employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process was long and drawn out. My first interview at a career fair was in September of 2012 and my last interview was in April 2013 summing to 3 interviews total; 2 behavior based and 1 technical. I didnt recieve my offer until may 2013. That was the worst part of it. That being said during my second interview with corporate HR in Columbus, IN I was given 7 sub categories (i.e. Thermodynamics, Mechanics of Materials, Material Science, etc) to pick my favorite 3 from in ranked order so they could best place me in an environment to my liking.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the tedious and double edged behaviour based questions such as, "Tell me about a time when you...." The question I had the hardest time articulating was, "Give me an example of when you used engineering to solve a problem."   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a co-op no negotiation is allowed as it is a required part of my education at Rochester Institute of Technology.

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Cookeville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

The Interview was intense. It was with six other chemist who would be colleagues if hired. Including the supervisor. The questions were very technical detailed questions dealing with different types of titrations and how to use certain equipment such as HPLC, GC and scanning electron microscope. Was asked the usual questions such as in a Team environment would you consider yourself a leader or follower. Also how would you deal with an unproductive Team member. Strengths, Weakness. And the ever popular, why should we choose you.

Interview Questions

• I found the question the most challenging that asks me to describe a time when myself and a fellow Team member could not get along and what did I do.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Cookeville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

I initially has a telephonic interview with the HR. The questions were behavioral and mostly situation based. After this i had a telephonic interview with the Hiring Manager, which was technical. It was based on my projects. I had a third telephonic interview with a cross functional team lead, this interview was based on projects and situations. After the three telephonic interviews i had an onsite. In the onsite interview i met the Manager for the team i was going to work for. He briefly described about the company and the work which i would be doing. I had an interview with two team members of the cross functional team. This was a technical interview based on my projects. I later met couple of more team members and had a casual talk about the work. After this i had interview with the team lead of process line engineering group. I went for a lunch which members from my team and then i was given the facility tour and the town tour.

Interview Questions

• You do have experience handling various projects at a time. How would you do that if put in that situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer good package based on your experience. So i would suggest not to negotiate.

Strategy and Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Nashville, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

First a phone interview with the HR manager. She helped me updated my profile online. Two weeks later, the hiring manager called me and talked about the position in Cummins. Very general questions. All behavioral base questions.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Madison, WI) in November 2009.

Interview

At the time(2009) the business had the purse strings fairly tight, so I had a series of about 2 phone interviews. The first was a one on one with an engineer who was an alumni at my university. After about 2 months, I had another with my future manager and the leader of the division. After that some price negotiation was done. Whole process lasted ~3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• I remember questions being fairly standard, nothing too out of left field.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Cookeville, TN) in March 2009.

Interview

it was really a simple interview. just was asked the basics of industrial engineering and some questions on the work i had done in the past and projects at school. it was very relaxed. the interviewer asked me what i liked doing most? finding something new/ improving current process?

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Nashville, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

Was hired as an intern and then offered a full time position in the company after the internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate. there is always room for negotiations.

General Occuption Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins Filtration (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

I pesonally went through an agency here in Australia and the interview with that agency was a very positive experience. I walked in a Monday and was employed by Cummin on Wednesday and started work on Thursday. So I'm afraid I can't really state anything to the specific cirteria you are looking for in this stage of this review process.

Interview Questions

• decribe a situation where you had a problem with a fellow co worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question