Cummins Filtration Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014
10 interviews

2.9

Laboratory Technician Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins Filtration.

Contacted by staffing agency and agreed to interview. Met with the hiring manager. The interview was fairly straightforward. I was asked questions about my resume and experience. I was then shown the area in which I would work and met some of the employees.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in November 2009.

At the time(2009) the business had the purse strings fairly tight, so I had a series of about 2 phone interviews. The first was a one on one with an engineer who was an alumni at my university. After about 2 months, I had another with my future manager and the leader of the division. After that some price negotiation was done. Whole process lasted ~3-4 months.

Interview Questions
    • I remember questions being fairly standard, nothing too out of left field.   Answer Question

R&D Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cookeville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in August 2013.

The Interview was intense. It was with six other chemist who would be colleagues if hired. Including the supervisor. The questions were very technical detailed questions dealing with different types of titrations and how to use certain equipment such as HPLC, GC and scanning electron microscope. Was asked the usual questions such as in a Team environment would you consider yourself a leader or follower. Also how would you deal with an unproductive Team member. Strengths, Weakness. And the ever popular, why should we choose you.

Interview Questions
    • I found the question the most challenging that asks me to describe a time when myself and a fellow Team member could not get along and what did I do.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in September 2013.

Hiring and Interview Process was long and drawn out. My first interview at a career fair was in September of 2012 and my last interview was in April 2013 summing to 3 interviews total; 2 behavior based and 1 technical. I didnt recieve my offer until may 2013. That was the worst part of it. That being said during my second interview with corporate HR in Columbus, IN I was given 7 sub categories (i.e. Thermodynamics, Mechanics of Materials, Material Science, etc) to pick my favorite 3 from in ranked order so they could best place me in an environment to my liking.

Interview Questions
    • Apart from the tedious and double edged behaviour based questions such as, "Tell me about a time when you...." The question I had the hardest time articulating was, "Give me an example of when you used engineering to solve a problem."   View Answer
    As a co-op no negotiation is allowed as it is a required part of my education at Rochester Institute of Technology.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cookeville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in June 2011.

I initially has a telephonic interview with the HR. The questions were behavioral and mostly situation based. After this i had a telephonic interview with the Hiring Manager, which was technical. It was based on my projects. I had a third telephonic interview with a cross functional team lead, this interview was based on projects and situations.

After the three telephonic interviews i had an onsite. In the onsite interview i met the Manager for the team i was going to work for. He briefly described about the company and the work which i would be doing.
    I had an interview with two team members of the cross functional team. This was a technical interview based on my projects. I later met couple of more team members and had a casual talk about the work. After this i had interview with the team lead of process line engineering group.

I went for a lunch which members from my team and then i was given the facility tour and the town tour.

Interview Questions
    • You do have experience handling various projects at a time. How would you do that if put in that situation.   View Answer
    They offer good package based on your experience. So i would suggest not to negotiate.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in January 2009.

Was hired as an intern and then offered a full time position in the company after the internship.

Interview Questions
    Definitely negotiate. there is always room for negotiations.

Strategy and Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in April 2011.

First a phone interview with the HR manager. She helped me updated my profile online. Two weeks later, the hiring manager called me and talked about the position in Cummins. Very general questions. All behavioral base questions.

Industrial Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cookeville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in March 2009.

it was really a simple interview. just was asked the basics of industrial engineering and some questions on the work i had done in the past and projects at school. it was very relaxed. the interviewer asked me what i liked doing most? finding something new/ improving current process?

General Occuption Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in January 2012.

I pesonally went through an agency here in Australia and the interview with that agency was a very positive experience. I walked in a Monday and was employed by Cummin on Wednesday and started work on Thursday. So I'm afraid I can't really state anything to the specific cirteria you are looking for in this stage of this review process.

Interview Questions
    • decribe a situation where you had a problem with a fellow co worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins Filtration in December 2010.

phone interview, 5 questions, like " how you deal with deadline?"

Interview Questions

Worked for Cummins Filtration? Contribute to the Community!