Cummins

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details – All behavior questions. Two people during the interview, one take notes the other one ask questions. The atmosphere is flexible. Question: Tell me about yourself, tell me a experience that you finish an unassigned task. Tell me a experience that you have a mistake, tell me about a time that you work in a team and be given wrong instruction.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you work in a team and be given wrong instruction.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details – On-campus interview 1st round consists of the most basic interview questions. It lasts for 30 minutes, usually 2 people asking.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had an ethical dilemma and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cummins in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went to their info session at campus. Then career fair a week later. Was asked to attend pre-night and 1st round interview then.
1st round is all about behavior questions. Very friendly, non-intimidating conversational way to get to know me.

Interview Question – Creative, leadership, teamwork.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details – Recruiters are all very kind. Had first round interview on campus. The first round is really a behavioral one. They want to know you more and see if you fit into their corporate culture. Nothing unexpected. The behavior questions are focused on teamwork and leadership potential.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you finish a task with vague instruction   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – They were at university career fair. Many recruiters came and were taking notes when people talk with them and would ask some basic questions about your resume. Received their email after a month and a phone interview was arranged. Flexible interview schedule for you to choose. The recruiter is super nice, even giving me a guidance after knowing that it's my first interview.

Interview Question – Very normal behavior questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews (by HR and Hiring manager) and the final on-site interview with 5 people (three managers from different functions, one finance director). Got verbal offer by phone in a week and got the official offer via email in two weeks.

Interview Question – Went through my resume substantially. Several basic behavioral questions. What's your goal? How to deal with muti-task; Define success; Good work ethic examples...one accounting/finance related questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate my salary.

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview Details – Got an on-campus interview, which went well. Invited me for the final round of interview at their office. The atmosphere was highly professional. Everyone was very nice and eager to answer any questions related to the company or the positions.

Interview Question – Why Cummins   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview Details – Many behavior questions. Such as how to work under pressure? How to deal with conflict between coworkers?

Interview Question – If you can only list two items on your resume, which items you will list?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in October 2010.

Interview Details – There were two interviewers. One was responsible for asking question and talking. The other mainly just typed my answers.

Interview Question – What is your experience about creating something   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummins

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!

Cummins Videos

Cummins – Why Work for Us?

• Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally. • We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cummins employees and interview candidates.